Chapter One

Her Confession, His Confession

"Today's the day!" I grabbed my friend's hands and enclosed them with my own. "Today, you're going to confess to him and you're going to have your very first boyfriend!"

I could feel her small hands trembling as I checked over her outfit. Ruffled top, simple cardigan, short jean shorts, and a cute pair of sandals. Not to mention, a flower in her hair and a few of my own necklaces and bracelets. If this didn't win his heart over, I didn't know what would.

"But Yeon Mi, what if he rejects me?" My little friend shook with anticipation as she bit her lip.

I grabbed her shoulders and forced her to stop. "Then you find somebody who appreciates you for you. Somebody who appreciates the fact that she spent so much time and effort on him."

She mumbled a few words and even though I couldn't hear them, I knew what she was saying. She didn't want anybody but Yifan. Not many people did.

"Okay, let's do one more check before the guys come," I said before standing back and crossing my arms. "Teeth?"

She opened and smiled brightly. "Check!" I inspected it closely to make sure there were no lipstick stains.

"Card?"

She pulled out a piece of cardstock that held a confession of her feelings. A few nights' work had been put into making that card and that was with my help. "Check!"

"Chocolate?"

"Check!" She grabbed the pink heart-shaped box from the table and held it to her chest as if it were her child.

"He'd better not reject you, Hyo Jung," I said as I grabbed a light jacket from the coat hanger. "Or else he's going to have to deal with me."

If Yifan did reject her, I would definitely do something. I mean, even I put my sweat and tears into this. Okay, more like cash and elbow grease but it's nearly the same thing. I helped her pick her outfit and paid for half of it and I was the one that found a day where everybody could meet together.

It was the request of my best friend. She had wanted to be in a crowd of familiar people to keep her nerves down so I complied. I gathered Yifan and all of his friends to go to the Lotte World with us. If that wasn't impressive, I didn't know what was.

"Yeon Mi, I'm scared."

I rolled my eyes for a second before turning around to face her with a comforting smile on my face. "Don't be! It's just a boy."

"But what if he likes some other girl?"

"Then you can go find another boy. One that's cuter," I giggled and nudged her side. "Luhan's a sweetie. How about him?"

She merely shook her head. "No, I don't think I can like any guy other than Yifan at this point."

"Look at it this way," I said as I put my hands on my hips. "The sooner you get this over with, the sooner you can move on with your life. Don't get stuck here thinking about what ifs."

"But I--" Hyo Jung was interrupted by a soft knock on the door and I turned to open it.

I met eye to eye with Joonmyun. "Are you ladies ready to go?"

I spotted Yifan standing at the back with Chanyeol and I realized even I was nervous for Hyo Jung. "Yeah, just give us a minute."

I left the door slightly ajar as I grabbed my keys. My friend stood in the middle of the room, shaking. She looked even smaller as she curled up from the anxiety eating away at her nerves.

"Let's go!" I pulled on her arm and pushed her out the door before locking it behind me. I spun around with a grin on my face that I hoped looked natural.

"Ahh, Hyo Jung noona looks pretty today," Jongdae complimented my friend and the rest of the boys joined in agreement.

As Hyo Jung blushed furiously and thanked them, I took a peek at Yifan. He had his eyes on my friend's outfit but his nod only seemed to acknowledge her presence. Nothing in his expression showed the slightest interest in her clothes. This might be harder than I thought.

Yifan had always been nice to everybody whether the person was a trainee or a sunbae. Though he looked intimidating, we all knew he was kind and gentle. When Hyo Jung would swoon over the way he treated her, I never had the heart to tell her that he also treated everybody else the same way.

I jumped a little as Yifan's eyes turned to look at mine. I didn't realize that I'd been staring. I pulled my gaze away and clapped loudly in excitement, trying to cover up my embarrassment.

"C'mon guys, let's go to Lotte World already!" I pushed everybody along the corridor of my apartment, making sure that Hyo Jung stayed near Yifan at all times.

---

life's tough when you have a crush ;c