Chapter 9

A New Beginning
 
"Huh?" The only word that was in Chanyeon's head, and eventually, the only word she blurted out. Her face became red because of what she said to Chanyeol. But, she did manage to control herself and get her head straight. She asked once again, but in a more proper manner.
 
"I mean, what did you say? You want me to go out with you?"
"Uhh, yes. I mean no. Uhh, excuse me for a moment."
 
Chanyeol looked away for a moment and started doing breathing exercises to calm himself down. He knew that he was stuttering, but didn't know why he asked that question to Chanyeon. It was just like his mouth had to say it or it was just simply word vomit. Clearing up his mind, he thought of ways on how to explain what he said to Chanyeon. "Should I just say that it was an accident? No, that would hurt her. Then, say that I want to start a relationship with her? Nah, too early to say. Ah! I got it!" Chanyeol looked back at her and began explaining it to her.
 
"Uhh, Chanyeon..."
"Yes Chanyeol?"
"I asked you if you will go out with me, right?"
"Yes."
"Well, uhm, what I meant was that if you want to hang out with me. You know have some bonding time with your new pal. Get to know each other kind of thing."
"Oh. That kind of going out. I see. Okay, I'll hang out with you."
"So, when are you available?"
"This Friday after school?"
"Deal. I'll meet you at the exit gate after school then."
"Ok."
 
They shook hands to seal the deal, then the school bell rang. They said their goodbyes to each other and headed for class. Chanyeon sat down on her seat and rested her head on her desk. Rarin and the twins were confused why Chanyeon was acting this way. Rarin shook her, but she wouldn't budge to lift up her head. So, she found her tickle spot and started tickling it. Chanyeon rose up with an upset face.
 
"Yah, Lee Chanyeon. Are you okay? Why the sad face?"
"I'm not in the mood right now Rarin. I'll tell you later. The teacher is here, so let's just listen in class."
 
Without anything better to do, Rarin agreed to Chanyeon and went back to her seat. Meanwhile, Kwangmin had his eyes fixed on her the whole class. He was obviously worried about what happened to her. Earlier, he wanted to ask her what's wrong, but when she said that she was in a bad mood, he decided not to force it. Besides, Chanyeon told Rarin that she would talk about it later. Kwangmin was still looking at Chanyeon, who was staring out the window. Her wonderful side profile of her face. Yup, he was adoring it alright. Adoring it too much that the clock 4 and the school bell rang. Chanyeon looked back at the front and saw Kwangmin staring at her. Kwangmin immediately looked away and casually packed his things up. When they were done packing up, they went onto the bus. A few minutes later, the bus stopped and they went down. 
 
"Uhm, you guys are going to have to go home without me today. I'm going with Rarin to her place."
"Okay, when will you be back then?"
"I'll be back soon. Don't worry Kwangmin, I'll be back as soon as possible."
"Well, I can't stay here for long so I'll go ahead. I still need to do something. Annyeong!"
"Annyeong Chanyeol!"
 
Everyone waved goodbye as Chanyeol walked away and was slowly disappearing from their sight. It was not for long that they had to say goodbye once again. Arriving at Rarin's place, Chanyeon bowed and greeted her mother politely, then followed Rarin up to her room. She tossed her bag to the side and laid down on her bed. Rarin couldn't hold her curiosity anymore, so she started a conversation right away.
 
"Okay Chanyeon, let's have a talk."
"What about?"
"Oh you know what is it about! Now tell me, what happened during lunch with you and Chanyeol?"
"Nothing..."
"Nothing you say huh?"
"Yes, why?"
"Oh nothing, I was just wondering why you have a cherry blossom in your pocket?!"
 
Rarin pulled out the cherry blossom from Chanyeon's pocket and showed it to her. Chanyeon sat up and her eyes were as wide as an owl's. She was caught red-handed.