Chapter 11

A New Beginning
 
As usual Kwangmin was doing his homework in his room while Youngmin was snoring all the way through his beauty sleep. Anyway, he thought of taking a break to get something to eat. So, he went out to the kitchen and got a couple packs of Pocky. Next, he walked to the living room and sat down on the chair right beside the window, where he could see the beautiful sunset. While he was relaxing, he saw Chanyeol walking. Then, all of a sudden, he saw Chanyeon running to him and directly hugging him from behind. Kwangmin's eyes widen. His heart beating fast. He couldn't believe what he saw. Looking away to avoid seeing what more could happen. He chose to not look anymore and went back to his room. Slamming the door after he went in, Youngmin woke up and hit his head while doing so. Youngmin saw his brother sitting down with that angry look on his face.
 
"Yo bro, what happened? You seem angry."
"No I'm not."
"Uh, I think you are. What's troubling you?"
"Nothing ok. Just go back to sleep."
"Come on. You know that I know you the most. Is it homework?"
"No."
"Do you have a headache? A disease that I don't of?"
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"Okay okay. Uhm... Ah! Is it Chanyeon?"
"Mmm... Maybe."
"Aigoo... So, what did Chanyeon do to you?"
"Never mind. Just leave it. Go back to sleep. I need to do homework anyway."
"Fine. Good for me. Don't have to deal with your stress."
 
Youngmin went back to sleep and Kwangmin went back to do his homework. Meanwhile, outside, the two were still hugging. It's been about 3 minutes since they were like that. Chanyeon noticed the time and decided to let go. 
 
"What's wrong? Why did you stop hugging?"
"Ahh... Well, uhm... The time! Yea, the time. It's getting late."
"Oh yea..."
"So uhm... See you tomorrow!"
"It's Saturday tomorrow."
"Well, see you on Monday then! Bye!"
 
She waved and raced inside the house. She went up the stairs to the second floor and waved again to Chanyeol from the window. He waved back and walked away. Chanyeon went to her room and jump onto her bed. Spazzing all over the place. Jumping up and down. Hugging her Pikachu. Rolling on the floor. Until about 5 minutes passed, she came to her senses and stopped. Suddenly, her stomach growled. She went to the kitchen and grabbed some of the leftovers from the fridge. When she closed it, she yelled out of shock because Kwangmin was standing there.
 
"Yah! What are you doing? You scared me!"
"Ah, sorry. I thought you saw me."
"Well, I didn't."
"Okay... So, where have you been?"
"Uhm... Nothing. Just went out, that's all."
"Alone?"
"Yes. Why? Can't a girl go out alone?"
"No. I mean yes. Uh, I don't know."
"Okay... Anyway, I'm going to eat these leftovers at my room, and I'll probably fall asleep. So, goodnight."
"Goodnight."
 
Chanyeon walked to her room and shut the door behind her. Kwangmin knew that she was lying all along. Depressed and sad about the fact that Chanyeon had lied to him, he went to his room, sulking more than ever. On the otherhand, next door, Chanyeon was sulking as well. She felt bad and guilty. It was her first time lying to him. She sat down and started eating what she got from the fridge, while thinking about what to say or do to make up for her mistake. Thinking about it carefully, she knew that lying was a bad thing, especially to one of her very close friends. So, she decided to go to his room and tell him. She knocked on the door three times. There was no answer. She knocked again. Still no answer. Chanyeon thought that both of them couldn't hear her knock. Therefore, she just turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door. She creeped in and saw the twins sleeping. Youngmin on his bed and Kwangmin sitting down, his feet on his study table. Chanyeon smiled to see that they were resting well. She grabbed Kwangmin's blanket and put it on him. She left and closed the door silently. Kwangmin opened his eyes and saw the blanket. He smiled and said, "At least she still cares about me."