Chapter 10

A New Beginning
 
"Yah Park Rarin! Give it back!"
"Oh I will! You just have to tell me what's going on with you and tall boy."
"Ugh... Fine, but this is just between you and me. Got it?"
"Got it!"
 
Rarin gave the cherry blossom back to her. Then, Chanyeon went on explaining to Rarin about how Chanyeol asked her to go out or hang out with him. Rarin couldn't believe what she was hearing from her best friend's mouth.
 
"So you guys are going on a date?"
"No, just hanging out as friends.
"As friends you say?
"Yes, as friends."
"Anyway, what's your plan?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean like where are you guys going? What are you guys going to do?"
"Hmm... To think about it, we didn't really plan it out."
"Aigoo..."
 
Friday came and Park Chanyeol was patiently waiting near the exit gate for Chanyeon to come. Couple of minutes later, Chanyeon arrived and they both went off. They were quietly walking, side by side, on the sidewalk. Chanyeon was on her phone, therefore, she wasn't really paying attention to what was in front of her. A boy was headed towards with very great speed. Chanyeol noticed the boy and swiftly pulled Chanyeon towards his side to avoid her from getting crashed. Chanyeon and Chanyeol froze. Chanyeon was in Chanyeol's arms again. They looked at one another, and instantly, they let go of one another. 
 
"Are you okay?"
"Yea, I'm okay. Thanks. If it wasn't for you I would be a flat pancake by now."
"No problem. Just be careful next time, okay? Wait, always. Be careful always. Nobody knows what you might get yourself into."
"Okay, I will. But, where are we going?"
"There."
 
He pointed to a small arcade in the corner of the street they are about to cross. Both crossed the street and went in. Chanyeol took out his wallet and put in some coins to exchange for tokens. Once they received the tokens they began playing around various games. From Street Fighter to hitting the annoying little moles, coming out from the holes. After playing a few games they went out into the streets to eat some food and take a break.
 
"Chanyeon, what are your favourite foods?"
"Hmm... Galbi? Tonkatsu?"
"Really?"
"What really? You don't like them?"
"Yes I don't like them. I love them! They're my favourites too!"
"Cool! Let's have them then!"
"Okay!"
 
Chanyeol ordered one order of Galbi and one order of Tonkatsu. In addition, he ordered bubble tea for drinks. They sat down and hurriedly gobbled down the food. When they were finished, they cleaned it up neatly and headed back into the streets. They went into shops and fooled around when they had the chance. But, something caught Chanyeon's eye. It was a Pikachu. A Pikachu inside a claw machine.
 
"Wah! It's a Pikachu! Too bad it's inside the claw machine."
"You like Pikachu?"
"Uhuh. I love Pokemon, but he's my fave out of all them."
"Do you want me to get you one?"
"Oh, you don't have to."
"It's okay. I'll get it for you."
 
Chanyeol grabbed a coin and put it in. The claw moved and time was ticking. Slowly and surely controlling the hand-like machine, he moved the claw to the place where the Pikachu was it. He stopped the claw. He looked at Chanyeon to make sure it was at the right spot. In return, she nodded. Chanyeol pressed the button and the claw went down. It's claws closed and grabbed the plushie. Gently going back up, returning to its position, and dropping it into the open slot. Chanyeol succeeded from getting what Chanyeon wanted. He took it out and gave it Chanyeon, who was showing her brightest smile yet.
 
"Here. A memory of this day."
"Omg. I can't believe you did it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I owe you one Chanyeol."
"Oh you don't owe me anything Chanyeon. You already made my day."
 
He smiled, and she smiled back. The sun was setting and it was time to go home. They went to the bus stop and went onto the bus. When they arrived, Chanyeol walked with Chanyeon to drop her off. At her front door, she thanked him for the wonderful time they had and told him that they should do it again. He thanked her back and told her that they will do it again for sure. Chanyeol waved at her and headed home. However, Chanyeon was uneasy that she didn't give him anything in return for the Pikachu he won for her. So, without thinking but just doing, she raced to Chanyeol and gave him a hug. She said, "Thank you Chanyeol. Thank you." Chanyeol was surprised. He didn't know what to do next. But, he chose to take her hands off his waist and turn around. He looked at her. She looked at him. Chanyeol embraced her tightly and Chanyeon put his arms around him again. Both of them, cherishing the moment.