I[ Chapter 9 ]I

Discrimination

Taemin's POV

I quickly got out of the hellhole as fast as I could. I stepped out into the hallway expected to see Minho, but instead I saw his angry friend--which I believe is--Nichkun. He seemed to be pissed because he's banging his fists on someone else's locker-which is not very nice-. Before I could even walk towards him and ask what's up, he turned at my direction and gave me a sinister glare. He glanced both ways, (I really didn't know what was going on), and waved his hand over, implying for me to follow him. I nervously look around and followed him to the boys bathroom. Nichkun then stopping in the middle of eight bathroom stalls and turned-dramatically-around facing me eye to eye.

"Look Lee Taemin, I have to tell you something and you better listen to me carefully," he hissed threateningly, grappling the younger by the hem of his shirt. 

I gulped nervously, and replied, "Um...okay?"

"Okay, five words. STAY. AWAY. FROM. MY. MINHO." Nichkun's heavy breath tapped my cheeks.

"Y-you like Choi Minho?" My voice began to quiver. I couldn't believe it. How could I have been so stupid? I knew that the first time Minho introduced me to his buddies, which included Nichkun, he's been giving me harshful looks ever since. I've thought to myself, "Is he mad at me? If he is, then what did I even do?" Now that I hear Nichkun spoke his true feelings in front of my face, I've realized that it's just because I'm hanging with Minho.

"YES! I DO! EVER SINCE THE 6TH GRADE!" Nichkun's voice boomed in the bathroom. Luckily, there wasn't anybody there.  "I confessed to him on December 25, Christmas Day. You know what he told me?"

"What did he say?" Sweat was beginning to form on my forehead.

"He told me that it was gross," he whimpered.

"Oh..." I looked down at the floor with guilt. If I confess my love for him to him, will he say the exact same thing? Tears formed in my eyes, I felt my heart breaking into two. Whimpering like a puppy, I glanced at Nichkun and he was also tearing up. His grip on the collar of my shirt began to weaken.

"I f-felt like I've waited forever. Ever since then, my expectations were high. I thought our relationship would be taken up to the next level. But guess who's in the way? It's you, Lee Taemin."

Before I could say another word, Minho stepped into the bathroom unexpectedly and saw both of us sobbing.

"YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO TAEMIN?!" Minho yelled. He then came to us and threw Nichkun's hand, which was still on my collar, off and grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the bathroom. Once we were out, he placed both of his hands on my cheeks and asked, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! DID HE DO ANYTHING TO YOU?" I could hear his rapid heartbeat ringing through my ear.

Instead of replying, I nodded and more tears rolled down. I couldn't speak. I'm too heartbroken to say anything to my crush. Thoughts began to bundle in my head. Questions like, "Will he ever be mine?" echoed through my mind which quickly made my face cover in tears.

"Taemin..." He took his thumb and wiped my tears off with it, carressing my cheek softly. "Don't ever worry, I will always stay right beside you." He embraced me suddenly, my head resting on his shoulder blade.

Really Minho, really?

All of the sudden, one of Minho's buddies-which I believe is Onew-ran in the hallways holding a bucket of Mexicana chicken. "GUYS! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT OUR SCHOOL HAS FRIED CHICKEN! IT'S A MIRACLE! PRAISE THE FOOD!"

"YAH ONEW! WE'RE KIND OF HAVING A MOMENT HERE!" Minho yelled in annoyance, agitated at the fact that the elder had decided to interrupt their dramatic Korean drama moment.

"Oh...um...sorry guys," he scratched the back of his head awkwardly and ran clumsily to another direction.

I chuckled from Onew's awkward moves. "Those should be called the Onew Condition."

"Haha I've been trying to think of my name for that. I guess Onew Condition is cool."

He then faced me giving me full eye contact. I felt like something surprising was going to happen. My curiousity became to rise, my heart starts to bang against my chest, ticklish feelings began to form in my stick-like body.

"Taemin, can I ask you something?"

I managed to nod slightly, body paralyzed for some eccentric reason. Could this be? Is he, is he-

"Taemin will you be my boyfriend?" He placed both of my hands on his and waited for his answer. But what I don't get is why didn't Minho acted like he did in the 6th grade? What about what everything Nichkun told me about? I thought I would be the one asking-

"YES!!" I jumped into arms with joy. More tears form in my eyes but this time, it's tears of joy. Minho spun me around which felt like heaven for that rare moment. Both of us laugh and hugged which seemed like forever, but I need to cherish this special moment.

"So, are you mine now?" I asked.

"Yes..."

 

I love you Minho....