I[ Chapter 11 ]I

Discrimination

 

Taemin's POV

I was stunned. I was shocked. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there like a human statue, not making a single movement. 

 

Nichkun... Nichkun, one of Minho's best friends, is threatening me? Is it illegal for me to date? Uh, no. I knew he had some kind of hatred towards me but I didn't think he would go THAT FAR just to get what he wants. Karma will get him someday... I clutched both of my fist, trying to let go of the anger, but nothing is working. 

 

It's on Nichkun. 

 

Karma's a ... 

 

 

 

 

I later calmed down afterwards when I splashed cold water on my face in the bathroom. My anger seemed to die down and now I'm thinking of vengeance. Getting revenge on him. He gave what I didn't deserve. I don't deserve hate. I didn't even do anything on purpose. And does he even know that LOVE CANNOT BE FORCE?

 

Narrator's POV

 

Taemin dashed down the hallway into his English class. As soon as he stepped into the classroom, all eyes were on him. Taemin was drenched in sweat and his face bright red. He quickly bowed to his teacher and said, "Sorry I'm late Mr. Jang." 

 

Mr. Jang the English teacher slowly approached Taemin at his seat with nose sticking up in the air. "Mr. Lee, would you like to tell your classmates and I why you're late?"

 

Taemin gave him a nervous smile and replied, "I hurted my ankle and I had to go to the nurse's office." Is that excuse okay?

 

"Okay, fine. I'm going to let you off with a warning this time Lee Taemin." He then walked to the front of the classroom. 

 

"Guess what today is?" Mr. Jang said with a sing-songed tone. "It's POP QUIZ DAY!!" 

 

"Ughhh..." Taemin slammed his face into this arms rested on the desk. 

 
 
_________________________
 
 

Taemin's POV 

 

"I think I'll failed that pop quiz." I told one of my classmates, Kyuhyun. 

 

"Yeah I think I did too. What's the point in pop quizzes anyway?" 

 

"I know right?!" Kyuhyun and I started to burst out laughing. 

 

"Hey guys." Minho suddenly appeared, "Do you mind if I take Taemin for now CHO KYUHYUN." 

 

"U-um, sure. See you tomorrow Taemin." Kyuhyun ran off to another group of people. 

 

"So, the guy you just talked to, Choi Kyuhyun... Do you-"

 

"No Minho. I do not have a crush on him! He's just a friend!" Some times, guys can be so insecure. Oh wait, I am a guy. What am I talking about? Suddenly, a flashback of my conversation with Nichkun appeared in my head. 

 

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

 

"Can I tell you something? The guy that is your boyfriend right now is the guy that I've been desperately trying to get for six years..."

 

"And?" I spoke in a shakening tone.

 

"He's mine."

 

"N-no he's not. He's my boyfriend though."

 

"Break up with him. And everything in your life will be normal. If you stay with him though, your life will change forever." 

 

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

 

"Minho we need to talk," I spoke in a serious tone. 

 

I led him to a secluded area to talk. 

 

"Okay... So what's up?" Minho asked. 

 

"You know Nichkun?"

 

"OKAY WHAT THE HELL DID HE DO TO YOU KNOW?!?" He yelled in anger. 

 

I sighed and tried to calm down. Telling this to him is actually really hard. My hands starts shaking, tears were about to escape. I'm scared. 

 

"M-Minho-ah, he told me to break up with you," my voice cracked. My words barely escaped...

 

"What? You're not going to-"

 

"No I'm not. He does not have the right to tell me that. He told me if I didn't though, my life will change forever." 

 

"Nichkun is my best friend. Well, ex-best friend. Even though he really disapproves of our relationship, he would never go that far." 

 

"Do you really know him? Do you know WHATS ON HIS MIND?!? DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS IT IS?" 

 

The more the scream and freak out, the more tears of anger roll down. Yes, I'm angry as heck but it's giving me confidence. Telling me that I can stand up to him. Even though I've already been abandoned by my mom, I'm still as strong as ever without someone who's suppose to nurture me as a child. Instead, I was neglected. Depression is my motivation. No one is going to stop me from reaching my happy ending. 

 

"I'm sorry Taemin ah. I swear, I will protect you and give you love." He then stuck his pinky out from his fist, "I promise." 

 

I then hook my pinky finger with his and made a stamp with my thumb. 

 

I'm grateful. I'm grateful for everything I have. My boyfriend, Key, and even the woman who gave birth and neglected me. She is why I am the person today. 

 

I'm also grateful for Nichkun, who just made my life more exciting...