l[ Chapter 13 ]l

Discrimination

Narrator’s POV

 

After Minho sent that cruel text to every single student in the school, beeping sounds spread quickly around. Taemin inspected everyone’s reaction to the text message. He smirked.

“We got him now don’t we?” Minho muttered faintly.

“We sure do,” Taemin replied back with satisfaction.

Minho chuckles and then adds, “And he thinks we’re just going to stand there and play nice.”

Taemin loves it when Minho talks in his deep “revenge” voice as he calls it. They both went back into the cafeteria to find every person staring at Nichkun. Nichkun didn’t know what’s going on because he’s the only guy that Minho didn’t send the text to. He’s smart isn’t he?

“Wha-what’s going on?” Nichkun murmured to himself with the people surrounding him.

Everything was quiet until the jocks started coming up to him.

“Guess he isn’t the only gay boy at all.” Jongin, the tall jock with black, sleek hair that stood in the middle, announced.

“What do you mean?” Nichkun replied back knocked by confusion.

Jongin glanced at his mates and grinned. He turned his cell phone on and showed it to the other’s face.

Nichkun was practically paralyzed after reading that message. And worst of all, he found out who sent it, Minho. He gave a deadly glare to the couple standing near the cafeteria doorway.

“God damn it.” He muttered.

“Guess your secret is out huh?” Kaisoo, the guy that looks quite similar to the Jongin dude, said.

“You were trying to ruin your best friend’s reputation weren’t ya? HUH?” Jongin shoved Nichkun quite roughly.

“What?” Minho was dazed and didn’t know how to react. Were his teammates sticking up for him? Weren’t they were just making fun of them just ten minutes ago? Why were they sticking up for him? Other than that, he felt very proud.

“Now go away you freak before we beat you up!” Baekhyun, known as the Bacon man in school, threatened.

Nichkun grabbed his backpack and ran out the doors, shoving Minho on the shoulder while exiting out.

They dare fight back? I thought they wouldn’t stand a chance against me! My biggest secret is revealed because of the love of my life. It takes plenty of battle scars to fight for your love I guess. Since they’ve got me for now, I have to go big or go home. It’s totally worth fighting for.

He then wiped his tears with the sleeve of his jacket and crashed into the bathroom. He locked himself in the bathroom stall all alone bawling his eyes out.

I’m alone…all by myself. No one to stand beside me, no one to protect me. My mates ditched me because a stupid secret. How can Minho do this to me?! WAE?!

He slammed his freezing fists on the cold hard bathroom floor. He then screamed out the word, “WAE?!” aloud. No one heard him, just like he thought.

 

“Wanna go to my house?” Minho playfully asked.

“Haha no I have to go home and figure out my current situation. You can come over later of you want,” Taemin said.

“Okay, how about 8?”

“Sure.” And Minho walked Taemin all the way home and dropped him off.

“Bye!!” Taemin happily hopped up and down.

When he got inside the house, he actually felt happy that his mom left. He kind of more free like free from prison. Suddenly he got a text message. He unlocked his phone and found an anonymous number.

 

Meet me at Joseph’s Bar in the alley. Don’t bring anyone with you. Or else…

 

 

 

He was hesitant at first, but then he decided to go to see what’s going on. He grabbed his jacket and stepped out the door and walked to the nearby bar. The bar was pretty close considering it was pretty close to his school. He went inside to see if the anonymous person was there. No one seemed to notice him. He remembered the person telling him to go into the alley and so he did. All the way down the dead end of the freaky alley, he saw a shadow and a person sitting in the chair. As he got closer, facial details revealed…and it was Nichkun. He was still unsure about the person in the unstable chair. When he got a little bit closer, he saw that the person had a sack stuffed on his/her head and a cloth wrapped around its mouth.

“What you want Nichkun?” He tried his best to stay confident.

“Hmm…I think you know.” I gave me a sly stare and mouthed the words, “Min-ho.”

“Pft, impossible. You can’t have MY boyfriend. Go find someone else.”

“I’ve known him longer than you so basically he’s mine!” Nichkun screamed angrily.

“But he doesn’t even love you!”

There was a long momentary silence. Then Nichkun continued the conversation. “Ahem, do you know who’s in here?” He patted the unknown person on the head.

Well, the person looked pretty short so it’s definitely not Minho. Who else would it be?

Nichkun took the sack off and Taemin found his mom sweaty and unconscious.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!! YOU IN BASTARD!!”

“I’ll make a simple deal with you. I get Minho and you get your . Deal?” He took out his hand expecting Taemin to shake it.

“No, he’s my boyfriend and you have to learn how to move on.”

Nichkun’s expression changed, “Fine, you want your little mommy? Here.” He pushed the wooden chair forward.

It’s gonna be that simple Lee Taemin.

“That’s it?!”

“Yeah, just untie her and vola, you get her.” He walked away from the Taemin and his mom. Inside his palm though is a red button that labels destruction.

Taemin tried to untie the really hard knot but he couldn’t. Behind his mother, he found a black rectangular thing. It had a red dot on it that went on and off. He had a bad feeling about it but didn’t stop.

“Ugh…so hard…”

 

 

 

 

 

*Boom*

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Police cars and ambulances invaded Joseph’s Bar. People surrounded the two injured people at the back of the alley and carried them both into the truck.

“TAEMIN-AH! TAEMIN-AH!” A loud voice in the background yelled.

“TAEMIN-AH! …Taemin…” Minho was breathless when he saw Taemin’s innocent body burned.

“Sir, I’m afraid you have to move to get our patients to the hospital.” The paramedic said.

Minho stepped aside without saying a single word. In front of Joseph’s Bar though was Nichkun handcuffed and put against the police car. He saw him and walked towards Nichkun furiously and yelled with anger in his face, “YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DID IT WEREN’T YOU?!! WHY! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT ON HIM?”

“Because I wanted you…” he murmured.

“YOU KNOW, HE’S BEEN GOING THROUGH A VERY HARD TIME AND YOU BOMBED HIM?? IN BASTARD IMMA KILL YOU!”

Minho took his fist and gave Nichkun a punch in the face until he was intervened by an officer.

Minho cried out angrily yelling curse words to Nichkun. While Minho was yelling, he just stood there blankly crying silently to himself.

Well I’m going through a tough time too…

The officer shoved Nichkun into the car and drove him to the jail station.

 

 

 

 

Nichkun was in court with his lawyer beside him listening to the defendant’s statement.

“The reason why this young man killed the boy and his mother is because of jealousy. Isn’t THAT ridiculous?” The defendant spoke loudly.

“Well, he was going through depression so….”

God I have a bad lawyer. He makes me look like a mental person.

“Okay, I think it’s settled since your lawyer doesn’t have any disagreements to say back.” The judge confessed. “Nitchakhun Horawetchakun will be sent to a mental institution.” The judge then pounded her gavel and everyone was dismissed. The officers took him in a white van which was supposed there and he absolutely doesn’t enjoy it.

Why doesn’t someone just kill me already?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Minho stepped out of his car and looked around him. Surrounding him are graves. He came there that day to visit Taemin, the love of his life, everyday. He took his pink bouquet of flowers and chocolates from his car and walked towards Taemin’s grave. On the gravestone, it says:

 

1996-2013 A Wonderful Son and Boyfriend.

 

Every time Minho visits him, he starts bursting into tears saying I love you to Taemin constantly. He then placed his gifts on Taemin’s grave and said,

 

I love you Taemin. Please remember that I will always love you and I will never ever forget you, my love. Saranghae…”