I[ Chapter 8 ]I

Discrimination

Minho's POV

"What?" I don't even know how he found out? I didn't even tell him yet? How's that possible?

"How did you even find out?" I asked.

"I-I watched you guys from afar in pain." I tear rolled slowly down his cheek, "DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW BADLY IT HURT ME?!!?"

I feel like a , seriously, I don't know what the hell is going on.

"No, not really," I said with guilt without knowing what's going on.

"Do you even remember? I was hurt that day. I felt like a sharp knife was stabbed in my heart. AND I WAS A CHILD!"

Suddenly, I remembered that one day. I almost forgot it. It was like some common day to me but apparently not to him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

*flashback*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

That time, I was in the 6th grade. Just a normal school day, hanging with my two best friends, Onew and Nichkun. All of the sudden, Onew had a craving for fried chicken and left both of us alone. It had never been that awkward in my life. Nichkun rocked on his heels and back and forth. And his cheeks flushed bright pink. Then he suddenly came up to me and told me a surprising confession that would change our relationship as companions forever.

"M-minho, I have to tell you something..." Nichkun spoke, hands findiling with his fingers, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes?" I replied.

Nichkun was hesitant for one moment, still findiling with his tiny little fingers.

"Um, I kind of have a crush on you," he whispered.

"What?! PFFFTT! EW! SERIOUSLY?! YOU'RE A BOY! THAT CAN NEVER HAPPENED." I felt stupid and very very guilty. I don't even know why I had said those horrid words. I then saw soft tears swiftly falling down his pink soft cheeks. He then nodded and avoided eye contact.

"Sorry..." He stepped away from me and walked the opposite. I could hear small sniffles and he stepped on the snow.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Well, do you?" He looked at me right in the eye.

"Y-yes, I do happen to remember it..."

"That day," he gulped and tried really hard to hold back his tears, "I told myself that I'm going to have a chance with you one day. You said that boys can never date. Now...what happened to that huh?"

"I-I don't know... I guess I just changed."

Nichkun stomped away angrily, leaving the younger of the two by himself. He then turned around slowly and told Minho straight to the face, "I've waited too long..."  

He left without a single tear after that. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Nichkun's POV

He's going to be mine someday. ONE DAY. That mutha in Taemin shall not get in my way. Never, ever. I want Minho. Only Minho and I'm going to make that clear to Taemin...