Chapter 35

Too Close to Love You

 


With my last restraint gone, I kissed Kyuhyun angrily and maliciously.  I ripped my wrists out of his grip, but instead of hitting or pushing him away, I wound my fingers in his hair, pulling mercilessly.   His own hands moved to grab me and pull me until I was straddling him.

I was startled by the sudden change in position and Kyuhyun took advantage of my momentary distraction.  He managed to gain dominance as he bit my lip and plunged his tongue into my mouth.  I let out an irritated growl and pulled his hair so hard that he actually yelped.

Satisfied with knowing I had somehow brought him pain, I finally pulled away from him, pushing him back against his pillows.  Had it been in any other situation, I would have never been strong enough to overpower him, I only succeeded because of his weakened state.

Neither of us dared to move and we simply glared at each other, panting and tasting blood.  If I had been thinking rationally, I would have been horrified by my actions.  The doctor had strict orders to keep Kyuhyun calm and to avoid any type of strain on his body.  Judging by the way his eyes blazed and how hard he was breathing, I had definitely screwed up.

However, although it was selfish of me, I wasn’t thinking about Kyuhyun as the Commander.  All I could think about was the fact that the man in front of me was pissing me off beyond imagination.

The air between us was thick with tension and the silence that settled between us only worsened the situation.  As my breathing evened out, so did my emotions.  I was still angry, but I had calmed down enough to regain my wits.

Stiffly and slowly I got off him and stepped away from his bed.  I kept my eyes on the ground, too worried that if I saw him I would lose my temper all over again.  I clenched my jaw and squeezed my eyes shut, taking a few more soothing breaths before I attempted to speak.

“Your wounds?” I spat out, my voice shaking as I worked to control the urge to punch him.

There was a drawn out measure of silence and I forced my eyes open to glare at him for the delay.  Instead of meeting murderous eyes, I was taken aback when I found Kyuhyun observing me calmly.

The shock of his sudden attitude change was enough to replace my rage with confusion.

“Wha~” I spluttered, my head spinning as I tried to reason out the abrupt shift.

“Why did you kiss me back?”

Kyuhyun’s voice was low, but not threatening.  It seemed deliberately monotone, making it obvious that he didn’t want me reading into the sudden question.

I bit my lip and quickly averted my eyes as I answered,

“You pissed me off”

Once again, silence descended on the room.  Part of me was terribly curious and wanted to glance up and see what he could be possibly thinking.  However, I forced myself to keep looking away, deciding I really didn’t want to know.

“Okay” he finally answered, his voice resigned as if he accepted my explanation.

I nodded slowly, trying to stop the question that bubbled up inside me.  Unfortunately, I was a bit too baffled and exhausted to really censor myself so I ended up blurting it out.

“W-why did you kiss me in the first place?”

This time I looked up, studying his face when my curiosity finally got the best of me.  This time he was the one who averted his eyes, and he stared at his lap.

“I dunno” he finally answered.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, refusing to accept such an intentionally vague answer.

“Like hell you don’t” I hissed, the frustration evident in my voice.

His shoulders sagged slightly and he rubbed his face tiredly, releasing a sigh.  I tapped my foot, fully expecting a decent explanation.  Lord knew where I was getting all my nerve from, I had no right to be demanding anything from the Commander, but I still refused to relent.  In the end, I chalked it up to being tired, cranky, and irritated all at the same time.

Kyuhyun sighed again and finally looked me in the eye.

“Is it really so hard for you to realize that I ing like you?”

My mouth went dry and my previously swarming mind went blank.

“Huh?” I responded dumbly.

His eyes narrowed slightly and I could see I wasn’t the only one who was fed up.

“Everything you do aggravates me.  Every little thing you do infuriates me to no end.  But no matter how hard I try, I can’t ing get you out of my head!  I just… I just like you”

I continued to stare at him blankly and he heaved a sigh.  He ran his fingers through his already mussed hair as he spoke,

“When you told me you weren’t going to push me away anymore, I was happy.  I thought maybe you had finally pulled your head out of your and realized how I felt”

I stayed silent as he let out a bitter chuckle,

“I don’t know what you want from me.  One moment you’re trusting me to save you and then the next you’re screaming and pushing me away all over again.  It’s not like I want to like you, hell, I wish I could just hate you.  But I can’t, and I just don’t know what to do anymore”

Kyuhyun looked away, his eyes settling on the wall farthest away from him.  He looked calm, but the way his jaw was locked proved otherwise.  I opened my mouth to speak, but I didn’t know what to say.  I wanted to argue with him, tell him that he was stupid and that what he was feeling wasn’t real.  However, I couldn’t say anything.

He was right.  I was elusive and cagey and indecisive.  I was sending mixed signals because I was scared and confused.  I had never meant to play Kyuhyun or lead him on in anyway, but that’s how things were turning out.

It wasn’t fair and I knew it, but I didn’t know how to fix things when I couldn’t even figure out what I wanted.  I knew Kyuhyun didn’t want to feel the way he did, and I knew his feelings were burdening him, but at least he had the balls to face his emotions.

Like the coward I truly was, I just kept pushing everything away.  I had told myself and Kyuhyun that I was tired of running, and I was.  But I was still too scared of what would happen when all that I was trying to escape finally caught up to me.

I knew Kyuhyun had to be just as scared as I was, but he was stopping his endless marathon.  He could have easily ignored what he was feeling, but he chose to face it.  It was a small step, but admirable nonetheless.

I knew I couldn’t keep this up.  I couldn’t isolate myself anymore, not from Kyuhyun. 

I stood, hesitantly making my way to his bedside.  He stubbornly refused to look my way even when the mattress sagged with my weight.

“K-kyuhyun?” I whispered softly.

He sighed tiredly and turned to look at me, his eyes guarded.  With a trembling hand I reached up and touched his cheek, it shakily.  His eyes widened in surprise and he opened his mouth to speak, but I quickly cut him off.

I pressed my lips against his nervously, my body tense and unsure.  At first there was no reaction and I almost pulled away thinking I had made a stupid decision.  However, as his lips slowly moved against mine, the doubts flew from my head.  Some inexplicable, warm feeling settled in my chest as we shared a gentle kiss that was completely foreign to me.

For the first time I didn’t feel tainted under someone’s touch, I just felt warm and safe.  I didn’t realize I had relaxed, but when Kyuhyun pulled away I was feeling almost calm.

I opened my eyes and met Kyuhyun’s hopeful ones. 

“What… what exactly does this mean?” he questioned tentatively, almost like he didn’t want to hear my answer.

I bit my lip and hesitated slightly before reaching for his hand.

“I don’t know what to do, or how this will turn out…”

He squeezed my hand gently and I felt my heart accelerate ever so slightly.  I looked into his eyes and continued slowly and seriously,

“But I think I might like you too”


 

 

Well for the name of Shisus, finally!

 

*throws hands up in exasperation*

Damn, Wook, freaking took you long enough!

I feel like I've been typing this forever and yet this chap is so short... well whatevs, today was my first day of work and I'm sleepy...

Peace out!

P.S. Sorry for not replying to last chap's comments, my wifi was all sketchy and then I gots lazy :/

 

Music: "Don't Go (Hug ver.)"- EXO