He still loves me,

Under Your Spotlight

A/N: Annyeong !! I'm in an extremely good mood today !! Firstly, I'VE REACHED 2000 VIEWS !! And secondly, you guys have been such awesome readers I couldn't thank you guys enough for all the comments ! Thank you so much for all the support you've given my first fic, I'll promise to continue working hard to write better updates for you guys (: Here's an update for all you people ♥ To everyone one who has read, commented and subscribed, I really appreciate it and it really encourages me to continue writing ! I hope you guys continue to enjoy the story ! Meanwhile, I'm a bit sorry to say that I haven't worked on the next chapter, plus I'm only left with about one week till the end of holidays and I have PLENTY of uncompleted holiday assignments so I can't guarantee that I'll update fast. Nevertheless, I really hope you guys will continue to read and comment ! ♥ HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER :B Here's a kiss from Donghae :3

tumblr_llxz1hmle11qendabo1_500.gif

 

 

 

“Thank you hyungs and dongsaengs for coming to help,” Donghae said sincerely.

“You don’t need to, Donghae ah, ___ is like a sister to us, as well as your girlfriend,” Sungmin said. “This is the least we can do to help the both of you.”

“Besides, there’s no schedule today and calling for movers would be really cause a ruckus in the house later on,” Ryeowook continued.

Some of the members had come to help Donghae to move ___’s stuff over to their dorm today. Besides, they didn’t have to move furnitures since they belonged to SM Academy’s dorm originally. They reached the academy quickly, and went up to her dorm. It was fortunate that Donghae knew the code to her dorm.

As they stepped inside the dorm, they were all surprised at what they saw in front of them. Pearl sapphire blue balloons covered the floor of her living room together with electric blue coloured streamers.

“W-wow, what’s all this ?” Eunhyuk asked, kicking the balloons into the air as he was in the process of walking to the living room.

“Did she blow all these up by herself ?” Sungmin asked.

“Don’t think so, there are strings attached, maybe it was done a few days ago with helium ?” Ryeowook said.

The guys then started packing her belongings into boxes. It was then when Donghae entered the kitchen, opening up the refrigerator. There, he saw a neatly iced cake. He took the cake out, placing in on the kitchen counter. The icing read:

Happy 300th Day Anniversary ! Oppa, saranghae !

Oh right, our 300th day anniversary…how could I have forgot ? He thought. He stared at the cake, feeling a pang of guilt.

 

DONGHAE’S POV

How could I have forgotten such an important day ? Now that the cake reminded me of it, we were supposed to celebrate this day on the day I arrived in Seoul, the day she… I’m such a failure. I picked up a fork from the kitchen drawer, tasting the cake. It was sweet, a little too sweet actually, but at that point of time, I didn’t mind. It tasted like the best cake in the world. I knew she baked it; a bakery wouldn’t be selling such sweet cakes.

“Donghae ah, there’s a b-“ Leeteuk said, walking into the kitchen. “Donghae…?”

I was holding back my tears by now. Leeteuk hyung had a box in his hands, with a ribbon and a card pasted on it. Quietly, I took it from him, opening up the box to see a navy blue scarf. I took it out from the box, unfolding it. Its workmanship wasn’t so good, a few threads hanging out here and there and one could tell that there were loose parts in between. Then, I went on to read the card:

Donghae oppa, do you remember what day it is today ? It’s our 300th day anniversary ! I was happy to know that you would be back in time to celebrate our special day. I baked a cake, but I don’t know if it suits your taste, I hope it tastes good though. Oh, and I knitted this scarf myself, is it pretty, oppa ? It isn’t too good, but I’ve tried hard. I’ll knit you another one when I get better at it, okay ? Thank you oppa for loving me, for finding the time to see me despite your busy schedules. Though we’ve been separated for 4 months, you’ve always been in my heart and I think about you everyday. How about you ? Kekeke. Oppa, on our 300th day, can you call me jagiya ? You wrote it on the notes attached to the chocolates but I’d like to hear you call me that once hehehehehe. Oppa, you’re the best thing that’s happened in my life, neomu saranghae !

“I…I love you too…jagiya,” I said between my tears that were rolling down my cheeks.

Leeteuk hyung had saw what had happened, and patted me on my back before leaving the kitchen to give me some time alone.

So she had prepared all these for me. The balloons, the streamers, the cake she baked and the scarf she had knit all by herself. She was waiting for my arrival, and had even prepared a celebration for the both of us, but my lack of trust in her and my foolish thoughts has put all her efforts to waste. Shame on me. She was wrong, her getting to meet a guy like me was one of the worst things that could happen in her life.

It wasn’t long before the members and I were done packing her belongings into boxes and moved them to the car, going back to the dorm to unpack them. Hankyung’s room had been cleaned and her belongings had been unpacked for her. She even had her own bathroom as the members felt that she would be uncomfortable sharing one with them.

“I don’t know how to thank you enough, guys,” I said.

“Aish, for the nth time, it’s okay, Donghae ah !” Eunhyuk replied, before putting my car keys in my hand and pushing me towards the door. “Hurry and pick ___ up !”

Upon reaching the hospital, the staff led them to a back door exit to avoid reporters that were downstairs who had come in hope of catching a glimpse of ___ to publish on an article. With that, I was able to bring her back to our dorm safely.

 


 

Because she was unfamiliar with the environment, ___ would always coop herself up in the room, not doing anything but sitting in the corner of her bed hugging her knees. She would also be seen wearing a track pants and a hoodie often regardless of the weather. Though sometimes it was hot and she would be sweating, she would refuse to change out of those clothes even if Donghae persuaded her. When they gathered for meals, ___ would refuse to come out of the room, leaving Donghae with no choice but to bring the meals into the room for her which she didn’t finish anyway.

So far, she was only comfortable with Donghae, although she has yet to speak to him. Ever since her arrival, she had never spoken a word, only shouting or screaming in her sleep occasionally. Whenever Donghae was out for schedule, Ryeowook would bring the food in for her, only to see her shriek at the sight of him. Basically, even Donghae had a hard time persuading her to eat at least half of her food, so needless to say, the other members couldn’t do anything without Donghae.

“Hyung, ___ doesn’t want to take her medicine, I’ve been standing at the door persuading her but she doesn’t listen…” Siwon explained.

“Araso, I’ll do it,” Donghae replied with a sigh. He had just returned home from a whole day of schedules at midnight.

“Hyung,” Siwon said as he handed Donghae her medicine and a glass of water.

“Yeah ?” Donghae asked, looking a little tired.

“We’re sorry we can’t help you take care of ___, you must be tired working and taking care of her,” Siwon apologized.

“It’s not your fault,” Donghae reassured him with a small smile. “Don’t take it to seriously, okay ?”

With that, Donghae put down his haversack on the couch before entering her room to see her looking out of the window, seemingly in a daze.

“___-ah, it’s so late and you’re not asleep yet ? Why didn’t you listen to oppas and take your medicine ?” Donghae asked her gently.

___ turned to look at him in the eye absent-mindedly, as usual. Though he had placed the medicine in his palm in front of her, she made no move to take it from him, and ignored it.

Donghae sighed, and before he continued to attempt talking to her, he thought of an idea. He took out a box of colourful candy from his backpack, pouring some onto his palm. This caught ___’s interest, making her look at the candies curiously.

“Want to try one ?” Donghae asked, offering the candies to her by stretching his hand out to her. “It’s yummy !”

He didn’t have that look on his face. He had a smile on his face, unlike Jake.

 

___ eyed him carefully, only to see a friendly smile on his face. Slowly and cautiously, she reached towards his palm, taking a coloured candy from his palm and popping it in .

“It’s great, right ?” Donghae said, biting on the candy, still smiling at her before placing the medicine together with the rest of the candies on his palm. “How about this flavour ? Hmm, it looks special.”

Donghae then picked up the medicine which was of similar shape together with the rest of the candies, pretending to look at it curiously. It was then when ___ reached forward to take the medicine from Donghae, looking at it for a while before placing it in . She had a disgusted expression on her face and nearly wanted to spit it out, but Donghae quickly took a glass of water from the bedside table and handed it over to her.

He often had to come up with such child like antics to persuade her to take her medicine. However, he felt that it was worth it, and he never once lose her patience with her nor complain as her condition was starting to improve day by day. Although she wouldn’t speak to him, he was glad that she listened to him.

 


 

Days passed like this and the almost the same thing happens every other day. Donghae had a long day at work, returning home to get ___ to take her medicine again before he headed to his and Leeteuk’s room to see that Leeteuk was already preparing to go to bed.

“Ah Donghae ah, you’re back ! How was your day ?” Leeteuk ask, putting his blanket aside and sitting on the edge of his bed to talk to his dongsaeng. He always made an effort to talk to s after their schedules.

“It was fine…” Donghae replied before yawning.

“Do you want me to tell manager hyung to cut down on your schedules ? You seem like you’re going to collapse any moment. You know you have to take care of your health first, right ?” Leeteuk said with concern.

“It’s okay, it’s just…” Donghaae trailed off.

“Just…? You know you can talk to me about anything,” Leeteuk advised.

“…I’m really tired, hyung. It’s not that I’m starting to get impatient of ___ or anything but, I feel so…so drained…” Donghae spilled out what has been on his mind recently, slouching on his bed. “I really do hope ___ will recover quickly. I make sure she takes her medicine on time, but recently it’s still the same, her condition doesn’t improve and stays stagnant. Do you think she’ll recover ? Has she forgotten me ? Why isn’t that bastard arrested yet ? My heart is aching, hyung, I don’t know how long I can tolerate this pain…I'm exhausted...”

By now, Donghae was sobbing quietly, and Leeteuk went over to him to give him a hug and patted his back.

“I understand, Donghae. We can see that you really care for her. But I believe she is a fighter, she will not forget you. You guys still have a long way to go !” He comforted. “You need to hang in there. Being the guy, shouldn’t you be stronger than her ? I know it’s hard for you, we know it’s hard for you to act like nothing has happened when you go for schedules. Even our hearts aches, so we know you feel worse. But it’ll all be worth it in the end when she recovers, I know that. She’ll recover soon, you’ll wait for her, right ?”

Donghae nodded, wiping away his tears.

“That’s Super Junior’s Donghae, we’ll be with you every step of the way. Now go take a shower and get some sleep. It’s late and you’ve had a long day,” Leeteuk said and took a set of clothes from the wardrobe for Donghae.

The two hadn’t know that this conversation had been overheard by ___ who had stopped outside their door while she was making her way towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

 

Donghae, he…he still cares for me. He still loves me.