Our love still going strong

Under Your Spotlight

___ sighed and walked back to her dorm which now had a sombre atmosphere. She didn't have many friends, only the Super Junior members and the trainees from the company. Other than that, she didn't really have the chance to go out and mingle with different people. The dorm was going to be empty for a while now, she thought. Other than those 2 groups of people, no one else came up to her dorm. Now that Donghae wasn't going to come again anytime soon, she presumed she only had her unnies to turn to. ____ sat in the living room, picking up the documents required to be read through in order to familiarise herself with the timetable and campus for the next day. She knew she didn't have a bit of interest in law at all, but now that she had made the decision, there was no turning back. She sighed in defeat, wondering if she would regret making a choice like this.

___ spent the day trying to make time pass faster. She had read through her timetable, took a look at the campus map so she wouldn't get lost tomorrow, read through part of the introduction for tomorrow's lecture that could be found on the web and even tidied up her dorm. She cooked herself a bowl of ramen and sat in front of her laptop, staring at her Skype contact list, waiting for her one and only love to go online. He was supposed to arrive in about an hour's time.

However, a few hours past and there was no sign of Donghae going online. The rest of the members were too, offline. Maybe they were busy, she thought, thus she continued surfing the net aimlessly. Meanwhile, Super Junior M were scheduled to have a press conference upon their arrival in Taiwan followed by two more interviews with the press, having no time at all to rest. It was only past midnight whereby they ended their schedules and were heading to their dorm for a long awaited rest. When they reached their dorm, Donghae immediately went straight to his bedroom, sitting on the bed with his laptop in front of him and logged on Skype. It was already close to 2am in the morning and although he was guessing that ____ was already asleep as she had to wake up early for her first day of school the next day, he still tried his luck.

To his pleasant surprise, he saw that ____ was still online, her status set to 'Away'. Perhaps she was sleeping. Thus, he decided to leave an instant message for her instead, in fear that he would be waking her up from her sleep if he were to call her. ____ was already sleeping at her study table with her head on her desk, when she heard a sound coming from a laptop notifying her of an instant message from Skype. With blurry eyes, she looked up and was instantly wide awake upon seeing Donghae's name on screen. She hurriedly dialed his number, waiting for him to pick up.

DONGHAE'S POV

I felt a little guilty. She must have waited for me all night. I was about to leave for the bathroom after sending an instant message but just then, the sound of my Skype ringing stopped me. ____'s name showed up on screen, making my eyes lit up immediately after an entire day of schedules. I picked it up, starting the video call.

"Oppa !!" she exclaimed once the call was connected and our faces showed up on screen.

"___-ah ! I'm really sorry I just reached home, see !" I apologised, pointing to my clothes, hair and make up.

"It's okay oppa, I understand. I finally get to see you, that's all that matters !" she said with a smile. But I could tell that she was tired, and that she was sleeping before.

"Did I wake you up...?" I asked.

"Aniyo.." she said, scratching the back of her head. I knew it.

"Don't lie," I said, chuckling. "Have you gotten your stuff ready for school tomorrow ? You have to wake up early, and you should be sleeping now.. We could've talked tomorrow..."

"But oppa.." she sulked.

"Okay okay. Well how was your day ?" I asked, defeated.

"A bit tiring, waiting for time to pass," she shrugged. "How about you ?"

"Busy but...still manageable !" I said with a smile.

"Don't strain yourself, araso ? Did you skip any meals ?" she asked, concerned.

"Araso ! Nope, I ate well. How can we not eat well with Ryeowook around !" I joked, although I had actually skipped lunch. "Oh ___-ah, I wanted to show you something.."

"Hmm ? What is it..?" she asked, a confused expression plastered on her face.

"Look in the drawer of your bedside table !" I chirped excitedly. I had prepared something for her beforehand because I really couldn't leave her like that for so long without leaving my mark behind.

She left to look in her drawer and that's when I heard a gasp coming from her side. I laughed. She came back to her laptop with a jar filled with 120 heart shape chocolates that I had made with the help of the members, each of them with a note attached to them.

"It's a hundred and twenty chocolates, I made them with the help from the members !" I said proudly, seeing that she was still staring at the glass jar with awe.

"O-oppa..I..w-wow.." she stuttered.

"You can only eat one everyday ! And by the time you finish eating the chocolates, I'll be home to see you," I told her.

"Thank you oppa...I'm sorry I..didn't prepare anything for you..." she replied, tears in her eyes.

"It's okay you silly girl, you've been busy preparing for school, I understand. Besides, we'll call each other often, right ? I'm satisfied just seeing that you're well !" I said, trying to cheer her up. I really wanted to give her a hug and tell her how much I was missing her already. "Go ahead, eat the first one for today !"

She reached in the jar, detaching the note from the chocolate first and reading it to me, "___-ah, did you eat well today ? When I come back you must not lose any weight, okay !"

I smiled. "You must gain weight instead. You're too small and skinny !"

"Ne, I'll eat well so you wouldn't worry about me.." she replied, smiling at me.

We spent a while more just chatting with each other, the members joining us halfway before we decided to end the conversation as she should really catch some sleep for the next day. 

---------------------------------------------

YOUR POV

My alarm woke me up the next day, and I reached my hand out from under the sheets to turn it off. Today was going to be a brand new start, and it was up to myself to ensure it went on smoothly. I took a shower and donned a pair of black skinnies and a polo tee before drying my hair. Then, I picked up my haversack and started to make my way to the campus.

I alighted from the public bus, walking towards the big gates of Seoul University. It was...huge. It was my first time stepping into a university, and it amazed me. The environment was great, the buildings and facilities were new, students were seen catching up with their friends as they made their way to their classes. Afterall, it was already the second half of the year and their second semester since I had enrolled late.

"This is it, the place I'll be spending 4 years studying in." I said to myself and started to find my way to an auditorium for my first lecture. 

However, 10 minutes into the search and I was still unable to find my way. No matter where I walked, I seemed to be walking in circles, ending up in the same place although I thought I had already familiarised myself with the route. The number of students around me seemed to have become lesser and lesser, and I figured that I would be running late if I don't find my way soon. There was only 5 minutes left till the start of the lecture.

I hesitantly approached a student who was currently walking towards the pavement I was on. "Um, excuse me ? Hello there I'm sorry to disturb but..do you know the way to Auditorium 2 ?"

She smiled warmly at me before replying, "Oh, just walk along this path and take a left turn one block later ! We can walk there together, my lecture is nearby."

"Ah, thank you so much !" I said gratefully.

"You're welco- ..Aren't you Ga Eun ? Super Junior's Lee Donghae's girlfriend...?" She asked after recognising me.

Uh oh. "Y-yes, I am. Nice to meet you," I said, trying to maintain my smile though my anxiousness was starting to built up inside. 

"Oh nice to meet you ! I'm Hye Rin. I'm a really huge fan of Donghae by the way !" she said, shaking my hand. "But don't worry, I don't hate you or anything, in fact I'm really happy for the both of you ever since I heard about the fan project in Singapore !"

My nervousness instantly vanished and I broke into a smile. We then started to make our way towards the auditorium since she was attending a lecture in an auditorium right beside the one I was heading to. She was a Donghae biased Super Junior fan, just like me. However, instead of what I had feared about opposing fans concerning our relationship, she was really nice and open regarding this issue, and we had a rather pleasant conversation till we reached the block.

"Guess I'll see you around then, it's been really nice meeting you !" she beamed.

"Me too ! Thanks so much for your help !" I bowed and we then made our way to our respective auditoriums.

I looked for an empty seat in the auditorium and took a seat, and the professor came in shortly after. The lecture started shortly when the students were done passing down the handouts and the professor started the lecture. It was done in Korean, of course, and he was speaking so quickly I couldn't really comprehend what he was saying. I stared at the page in front of me which was in full Korean, starting to get a little impatient because of my lack of Korean vocabulary. Up till now, I could only speak Korean, but I didn't have a good command of words. I even spoke with an accent, allowing others to instantly recognise me as a non-local. As for written Korean, I still needed the help of a dictionary and further explanation. I scratched my head, absolutely lost.

"There, the professor said that part was important," the male student beside me pointed out on my paper and I immediately highlighted the points.

"Oh, thank you so much !" I whispered, though still feeling lost and surprised at his sudden gesture.

"No problem, Ga Eun-sshi," he said as he read my name off the top of my hand out. 

I looked up at him and realised that he was pretty good looking, big eyes and a sharp nose, obviously foreign. I smiled in return.

"I'm Jake by the way, nice to meet you." He continued and shook my hand. "You must be new here."

"Ne..." I replied with a smile.

Our conversation stopped there as we continued listening to the lecture, him guiding me along the way most of the time. If it wasn't for him, I swear I would have not been able to follow the lecture at all. He shared his notes with me, and even explained it to me in English since I found out later that he was an American. Our lecture ended around 3 hours later, and we started to pack up.

"So you're Lee Donghae's girlfriend ?" he asked, smiling while packing his belongings.

"Yes, I am.." I said. I knew it, this was one of the many things that I would face when I had to mingle with the public. 

"Ah, I see.. You're a foreigner, right ? Your Korean doesn't.." he chuckled, not completing his sentence.

"Ah yes, and my Korean isn't good," I laughed. "I'm half American and half Chinese."

"Oh really ? Me too !" he said, surprised.

We just got to know each other a bit more before I decided that I should take my leave and go for a break before the next lecture would start. He was also studying law and I figured we would bump into each other often during lectures so I guess we would have more chances in the future to talk then. 

My day at Seoul University slowly came to an end and the time to go home was finally here. I skipped to the bus stop, and made my way back to the academy. I took a shower and ate the food I bought on the way home for dinner before using an online dictionary to revise my work again. The other classes without Jake hadn't go on too smoothly as there wasn't anyone who was willing to explain to me. The girls around me at campus mostly stared or glared at me, not bothering to smile or introduce themselves and I figured it was something that I shouldn't care about. This was going to be normal anyway, being Lee Donghae's girlfriend. I logged onto Skype, keeping an eye out for Donghae as I started to go through my thick handout of notes again. Before I knew it, it was getting closer to midnight. Seeing that Donghae had yet to come online, I reached for a chocolate in the glass jar that I had place on my study table. It read:

I love you, my most beautiful girl. You love me too, right ? 

I giggled and popped the chocolate into my mouth and stuck the note together with the one I read the previous night in my diary. Then, my Skype rang again, and a huge smile was plastered on my face, knowing very well who the caller was.

"___ !!" Donghae called out, clad in his pajamas.

"Annyeong oppa !" I exclaimed.

"How was school today ?" he asked. "Did it go on well ? Did you make new friends already ?"

"It went on smoothly, don't worry ! And yes, I made two new friends, they were really nice. One of which, Hye Rin, is a really huge fan of you as well but she treated me really nicely, she even walked with me to the auditorium. And the other one named Jake helped me with Korean during lecture !" I said.

"Ahhh..that's nice !" he replied. "Oh wait..Jake ? Isn't that a guy's name ? Are you eyeing guys already ? It's only been two days !!"

"I am not, oppa !! Relax, I only look at you, okay ?" I reassured him. He looked really cute pouting and whining at the screen like that. Sometimes I really wondered if he was actually a 25 year old man. 

"Really ? Then did you remember to eat my chocolate again today ?" He asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Of course ! You told me that you love me, and yes I love you too !" I replied. 

Just like that, we chatted and caught up with each other's schedules before the time had come for us to sleep, again. 

-------------------------------------------

___'s days in Seoul University went on as per normal ----- attending lectures with Jake, going through her work once she reached home with the help of an online dictionary, having lunch with Hye Rin. There was nothing special in particular that occured except for the fact that ____ was now part of the cheerleading team, since she always itched to do some dancing ever since she stopped training at SM. Donghae's days in Taiwan was also getting busier as days go by. He had filmed variety shows with SJM before, but now that filming for the drama has started, Siwon and him were always excluded from variety shows to make time for filming.

The couple had however, never failed to call each other online and ___ had never forgotten to eat chocolates he gave her, collecting all the notes he had written for her in her diary. Some of which read:

___-ah, you cannot be eating ramen all day, alright ? Be healthy !

How's the weather today, hun ? Hope you have a great day !

Nyeheheh, I'm here to remind you that you cannot look at other guys, okay ? Hehe !

How's school today ? I wish I was there to help you. Let's help you with your Korean once we meet online !

Saranghae my beautiful baby ! 

28 days into their separation. A month had passed and their love was still going strong.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello there ! Here's an update ! I hope you guys don't get tired of waiting since I know I'm updating a lot slower than I used to. On the other hand, it's getting a little tiring to update nowadays since there aren't many comments. Comments mean a lot to me and I really appreciate them !! Please do let me know what you think of the story so far, be it positive or negative ! I'll reply to them on your walls (: I've written up to Chapter 24 now and I'm still unsure of the response. Please do help me out here, alright ? (: I'd really appreciate it and thank you in advance !! Please continue to give this fic a lot of love ! ♥ Thank you again !!

SUPER JUNIOR'S BONAMANA NUMBER 1 FOR 52 WEEKS IN TAIWAN !! OUR BOYS ARE AWESOME !!!