"Mom..."

Under Your Spotlight

YOUR POV

I woke up to the faint television sounds coming from the living room. Did I leave the television on yesterday ? I couldn't remember, all I knew was that I just wanted to continue lazing around in bed. I opened my eyes, slowly adjusting to the sunlight. The curtains in my bedroom was drawn, but as I looked out of my bedroom door, the fans were and there was obviously someone else in the house. I sat up on my bed, my head spinning. Nevertheless, I dragged my feet out of the room, hand on the walls for support and the other rubbing my temples. I glanced towards the living room. The windows were opened, television and fans . Were they left like that since the party yesterday night ? Just then, the toaster's ringer rang, and I heard fast footsteps. 

I carefully peeped into the kitchen. And of course, there was my boyfriend who had created a great mess in the kitchen, scrambling to get the sandwiches out of the toaster before they were burnt. 

"Oppa..." I called out, but he didn't seem to hear as he continued to bring out the sandwiches.

"Oppa, ..let me help," I said as I walked towards him.

"Oh ___ ! You're awake ?" He said, glancing quickly at me before focusing on the food again. "It's okay, you can go wash up and stuff I can handle it !"

"...you sure..?" I asked.

"Ne, run along." He reassured me.

I headed towards the bathroom taking a quick shower. My body still had the slight smell of alcohol and I was in a mess. It wasn't long before I was done when I stepped out and headed towards the kitchen again to see that the food was served on the table and he was searching the cabinets. 

"The cups are in the middle cabinet," I said and walked towards him to help. He then poured two glasses of juice before walking out to the dining room again.

"Lunch is ready !" He announced with a smile, obviously satisfied with his work. 

"Ne. Thanks for making lunch," I replied. "Don't you have schedule ?"

"Yup but it's over. It's already 1.30pm by the way," He chuckled.

It was then that I realised I had slept till the afternoon. I let out a sheepish smile.

"So how are you feeling ? Still hung over ?" He asked as he walked towards me and tucked my loose strands of hair behind my ear.

"Nah I'm fine after a shower," I reassured him. 

"That's good. You got drunk after drinking one glass while we were still sober after finishing bottles," He said, sticking out his tongue at me. "Oh well, come eat your lunch. I don't really know how to cook so I just made sandwiches. Hope it's okay !"

"Of course it's fine. I've never seen you cook before," I giggled. 

The both of us then sat down to have our lunch, which was suprisingly good. I never knew he could cook. For most of the time we just had feet fights under the table, talked about his day so far and the party yesterday. Other than that, it was just silence. Comfortable silence. After eating, I had decided to wash the dishes since he had already done the cooking. 

He came in shortly after though, his hands wrapped around me from behind and his lips against my earlobe. "Are you doneee..?" He asked softly.

I felt slight shivers as his hot breath touched my skin. "Ne, o-oppa.." I replied as I rinsed the last dish and dried my hands before turning around to look at him. 

"You liked that, didn't you ?" He asked, chuckling slightly to himself. I blushed, and scurried out to the living room.

Presents were all neatly arranged on the couch. "Were these from the members ?" I asked.

"Mhmm ! Open mine first !!!" He pressed.

I giggled and picked up a glittery blue box, elegantly topped with a white ribbon. "Did you spend a lot of money ?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"...oh c'mon just open it first !" He whined.

I untied the ribbon and lifted the lid to see a beautiful, elegant looking white dress packed in the box. I picked it up, unfolding it and holding it in front me. It was a tube dress with white frills in the front and rather tight cutting at the sides, probably figure hugging. 

"So....you like it ?" He asked, nervous. "I kinda noticed you liked dresses but you keep getting floral dresses so I thought of getting you something different.."

"Are you kidding ? I love it...!" It was simply beautiful and judging from the workmanship, it must have been expensive. "Thank you so, so much !" I said and hugged him tightly.

"I'm glad you like it !" He said with a smile. 

"But when can I wear pretty dresses like this.. It's too nice and probably expensive to be worn on the streets," I shrugged.

 

DONGHAE'S POV

"Well, you can wear it when you go back to Singapore and invite them to come watch Super Show 3.." I said, cautiously looking at her. Her initially cheerful self was gone as she stopped kicking her legs in excitement and looked at me, confused but shocked at the same time.

"..p-parents..? But I won't even be performing," she said and lowered her head.

"Manager hyung said you'll be able to perform for the 2nd night, but you'll have to start your rehearsals and stuff 'cos it's been a while since you last went on stage," I smiled. I'd wanted to tell her the good news ever since I knew about it this morning. "Wouldn't that be awesome ?"

"I'm allowed to..?" She asked, looking at me so surprised.

I simply nodded. But her reaction was not one that I was expecting. Rather, she had a puzzled expression on her face, as if deep in thought.

"The tickets are in the envelope over there," I said, pointing to it. "Leeteuk hyung bought it for you as a gift so your parents will be able to recognise your talents !"

She picked up the envelope and took out the tickets. They were premium seats, right on the first row in the middle of the stadium.

"They probably won't want to come and watch me anyway..." She said, smiling bitterly.

"Oh c'mon, blood runs thicker than water. It's been more than 2 years since they've last saw you or talked to you," I explained. "They'd probably want to see the result of your 2 years of hard work ! Weren't you supposed to prove them wrong ?"

 "N-ne but I'm only a-" She rebutted.

"You're a great dancer. Nothing less than that. What happened to the ___ I know ? The one that's confident on stage, hmm ?" I said. However, she simply shrugged, not lifting her head. I wasn't used to this side of her. I've never seen her so weak, so low in self esteem. "I'll go over with you and hand them the tickets, alright ? Besides, I haven't met your parents in person and it's only polite if I do if I'm stopping by Singapore."

She held onto my hand. "Rly ? You'll come with me ?" She asked, worried.

"Well of course I will. They have to meet the wonderful boyfriend that has been taking such good care of you !" I remarked playfully.

"They have to meet the best boyfriend in the world," She chuckled before leaning on my shoulders and hugging my arm.

---------------------------------------------

Days passed quickly and it was soon time for the members to make their way to Singapore. They were set to arrive on the morning of the first night of their concert. ___ had came along and this time, instead of wandering around the place, she settled in the waiting room, watching the rehearsals from the monitor and dancing along to recap the dance steps she hadn't been doing for a while now. The show started shortly after that in the early evening and because of the fact that this was Super Junior's first concert in Singapore, the crowd was definitely on high as the group sang and danced to their famous hits. The show ended smoothly and Donghae was now washing off his make up and changing into more casual clothes. The two had planned to meet ___'s parents while the members go back to their hotels first. 

As soon as Donghae came back to the waiting room when he was done, a nervous ___ was pacing up and down the room, obviously nervous for their first meeting after the conflict 2 years ago. 

"___ ?" He called out. But she couldn't hear, and kept walking up and down.

"___ !" He said even louder and went over to her, grabbing her hands and bringing her back to reality. "You okay ? We should make our way there now.."

"N-now ? O..oh okay." She said, looking distracted. She then walked out of the room absent mindedly and out of the stadium towards the car. Their manager had decided to take them there. 

After a short drive, their manager dropped them off at the lobby of her condominium. They two then entered the lift and made their way up. 

"Oh no, oh no, oh no..." ___ was panicking in the lift, unable to keep her body still.

"It'll be fine, just take deep breaths. Don't panic, it's gna be okay. They're your parents, alright ?" Donghae tried to calm her down.

"I'll be fine, it's gna be fine," She mumbled to herself and looked into Donghae's eyes before he planted a kiss on her lips.

The lift reached the floor of ___'s house and she rang the doorbell of the unit she used to stay in. Her heart couldn't help but palpitate faster as they heard footsteps walking towards the door. 

Then, with a click, the door opened. It was her Mother, the one who said that she would never treat ___ as her daughter ever again if she were to go against her and leave the house.

"M-mom.."