Thank you

Under Your Spotlight

There was a deafening silence.

 

DONGHAE'S POV

I gulped. Why wasn't she responding ? Had Eunhyuk gotten the facts wrong ? She looked into my eyes, lost. I didn't know what to do, but to keep my grip on her hand tighter. 

"Donghae, ____, um..it's time to get ready to leave. Please get your stuff," Leeteuk said, slowly toning down as he realised he'd interrupted us.

Okay, well not exactly. As a part of my confession, I had prepared something for her. Having Leeteuk interrupting us was just part of the plan. Then, Leeteuk walked away, probably back to the dressing room. He had already changed into his own clothes while I was still dressed in my encore shirt. I slowly let go of her hands, keeping my eyes on the shocked her for a while, before going to get changed and preparing for the surprise. 

The members were well aware of it too, and had made sure to clear their belongings quickly and make their way to the seats in the stadium. They made sure to hide themselves well, so as to prevent interrupting us, like I had warned them. While, Leeteuk and Yesung went to the lights control room. Manager hyung on the other hand, was totally unaware of it. He was now waiting in the car, with one of the producers stalling him as they talked about the turn out for our first concert today.

 

YOUR POV

I was left alone in the room now. I was in a state of shock. I still couldn't digest what he said to me. Did he...did he just said he liked me ? I couldn't help but feel happiness overwhelm me, slowly smiling to myself dreamily. But, how are we going to solve this awkward situation we're stuck in now ? Ahwell, I should just get changed and get going. The others might be waiting for me now.

After getting changed, I made sure there weren't anything left behind as I was the last one to leave. My hair and my make up was still on as I figured I should get rid of it only when I get back to the dorm to make sure the rest wouldn't have to wait long. I then picked up my haversack and walked towards the stadium to get to the exit. 

You’re like a queen and beautiful
I just can’t be without you girl
You’re complete and beautiful
i just can’t be without you girl

The song boomed through the speakers. Isn't this..the song he sang in Super Show 2 for his solo ? I looked up and saw that purple lights were now and shined towards the direction of the stage. I turned around to face the stage and there he was, standing alone on centre stage, under the spotlight, singing live on stage. His gazed fixed upon me, never leaving my eyes. He looked as handsome and charming as usual, executing his smooth dance moves dressed in white. His face was just..so perfect. I was just gazing towards his direction, not realising he had stepped down the stage and was already approaching me. He then held out his hand, gently grabbing mine and leading me up the stage.

 

DONGHAE'S POV

It must have worked. A surprised expression drawn on her face. She just stood there, gazing with her eyes wide opened at me. I lead her up the stage, giving her the centre stage and signalled the members in the control room to give her the single spotlight as I danced around her, singing to her. She looked beautiful in her dress, though it irked me that it was slightly revealing and that she was wearing less cloth then I was. Her make up and hair has yet to be removed, and she stood there at loss, not knowing how to react.

Shigani heulreoddo naiga deuleodo
saranghae saranghae kamsahae kamsahae

I knew she had always dreamed of having the stage to herself. It was wrong for me to do this, especially behind manager hyung's and the fan's back but I couldn't wait any longer. Expecting me to wait till the tour was over is way too long. 8 months was enough, I'm sorry. 

She slowly got used to the stage and let out a smile. Maybe it was because of the lightings, but she looked exceptionally gorgeous. Her eyes so clear, her smile so genuine. It has to be her.

"Coz you are so beautiful, ddak jabeun duson itjianheulge oh," I sang as I placed my hands on her waist and pulled her closer, looking down into her eyes, smiling. It felt like just the two of us, against the world.

 

YOUR POV

So this is how it felt like, so this is how falling in love felt like. The both of us stood on centre stage, with only the spotlight on us, pitch black surrounding us. I smiled at him, as I placed my hands around his neck. This wasn't like dance practice where we were instructed to do it, but it felt so natural. The awkwardness between us long vanished. 

"Thank you," I whispered.

He chuckled slightly, "For..?"

You thought for a bit. "Liking me,". I blushed at my silly answer. "And bringing me under your spotlight and embrace."

He smiled, bringing the both of us closer, as he let his lips touched my forehead. "It will be tough, but I promise to love you, take care of you and give you lots of happiness from this day onwards." 

"I trust you, oppa," before tip-toeing slightly to give him a peck on the cheek.

------------------------------------------------

The Super Junior members clapped and cheered for their King of Tears. They were proud of him for one, to have managed to deliver himself firmly, unlike his usual crying self. The members in the control room set the lights back to normal, sadly interrupting the couple's sweet moment, before making their way down. The couple then smiled as they intwined their fingers together. 

"I hate to be a spoiler but, we should get going. The producer would be running out of things to say in a while I suppose," Leeteuk said with a shrug. 

The couple stepped down from the stage, and the members gave Donghae hi-fives and hugs while cheering for him. The other dancers had too, congratulated _____. They then made their way to the carpark together, before reluctantly letting go of each other's hands to get into the separate vehicles. 

Though he made his promise to give her happiness, who could promise that it was going to be easy ? It was only a matter of time though, before they would be exposed.

Somehow.