Mianhe, jagiya

Under Your Spotlight

 

Jake squatted in front of ___ when he was satisfied with what he had done to her, using his index finger to lift her chin up, forcing her to look into his eyes. “You think I treated you so nicely because I really wanted to be genuine friends with you huh ? Bull.”

___ was totally in shock, unable to think. Her eyes stared straight into his before they widened, going berserk. She couldn’t believe Jake would have done this to her. She thought he was the most pleasant guy on campus, and she really thought of and treated him as a friend, but she had gotten it all wrong.

“You murderer, I shan’t kill you, leaving you to live in such a state of misery is much more worth it, so I shan’t put in any more effort,” he smirked. “The English notes written on the past few lectures ? You might want to revise them with your boyfriend, I might have taught you wrongly. Study hard for the upcoming exam, babe !”

He laughed aloud and threw her hard against the wall, causing her head and back to hit the brick wall behind her. Then, he staggered towards the club.

“Oh right,” he suddenly exclaimed before turning around. “Your boyfriend’s plane landed 3 hours ago. You’re dumb enough not to check. Are you still waiting for his call ? Sometimes, I’m just amused at how naïve you are. Who knows, maybe he’s dumped you. Ohwell, goodnight !”

He turned around again, letting his back face ___ and walked out of her sight, leaving her in the dark, deserted back alley, with not a single cloth on her body under the harsh night wind.

___ screamed, hanging her head and hugging her knees as she reached for her torn dress beside her and covered herself pathetically. She was a mess. Her hair disheveled, her make up smudged because of her tears, her face and body patched with bruises. She cried and screamed loudly until her voice became hoarse, her hands pulling at her hair. No one was able to hear her, not at this time of the night in such a place.

 



 

 

“Party ? What party ? Where ?” Leeteuk asked curiously.

“It’s some celebration going on in her school… At the club several streets away near Seoul University. The one we used to go when we were trainees,” Donghae explained half-heartedly.

“Well I think you should really call her or pick her up, it’s late. She’s probably getting tired waiting for your call. I don’t think she’s still partying though, well, she doesn’t really know how to…”Leeteuk said thoughtfully. “Besides, it’ll be dangerous for her if she decides to head home alone.”

“Yeah hyung, call her,” Ryeowook urged.

Having no other choice, Donghae took out his mobile phone and dialed for her number.

“No answer,” Donghae shrugged. “Probably having fun.”

“Ya ! What’s wrong with you ? She’s your girlfriend for goodness sake and the both of you haven’t met for 4 months and now you’re not doing anything about it ? She told you to give her a call when you arrived. Why didn’t you ? What if something happens to her ?” Heechul said, finally sounding mature.

She has a boyfriend, what could possibly happen to her ? Donghae thought to himself.

Eunhyuk placed his car keys into his hands. “Since you know where she is, go pick her up. Now. It’s close to midnight and there isn’t any sign of her.”

Donghae stared at the car keys, not moving an inch. He didn’t want to tell them the truth. Should he just take a spin and pretend as if he had searched for ___ ? No. They would blow the matter up if he came back without her.

“I drank, hyung. I shouldn’t drive.” Donghae came up with an excuse.

“Then I WILL GO WITH YOU, since I didn’t drink.” Eunhyuk said authoritatively. “C’mon.”

Then, without giving Donghae a chance to argue, Eunhyuk pulled him towards the door.

“See you guys later !” Eunhyuk shouted from the door as they were about to leave.

“Ne, bring our dongsaeng home safely !” Shindong exclaimed.

 



 

 

“So tell me honestly, what’s going on between the both of you ?” Eunhyuk asked as he started up the engine. “And don’t tell me there’s nothing. I know you too well.”

“…It’s just that, we’ve drifted apart I guess,” Donghae said, starting to tear up.

As Eunhyuk drove out onto the road, he said, “Well, no matter how far apart you guys have drifted, it couldn’t be that bad. You two were like superglue before you left, and the both of you were seriously extreme lovebirds !”

“…Things just turned out like that,” Donghae said softly.

Eunhyuk knew better than to continue asking since he knew Donghae would continue giving answers along the same line, so he decided to just give him some time before continuing their talk. Soon, Eunhyuk turned into a street and realized that although they were able to see the club, they couldn’t get to the main entrance.

“Eh ? Isn’t it here ?” He asked, confused.

But Donghae didn’t reply, he just stared out of the window. Eunhyuk shook his head, knowing that he was talking to himself.  

“Ahhh !! Here’s the club, but I need to get to the other side of the street. Aish, I will always remember getting confused between the two streets, Leeteuk hyung and I would always use this alley to cross over,” Eunhyuk smiled as he reminiscence the old days.

Thus, he drove towards one of the parking lots so that he could reverse and make his way out since it was a dead end. As his vehicle drove towards the lots facing the alley, the spotlight shone in its direction, causing him to spot something from afar. When he was about to reverse and drive off, he suddenly spotted something at a distance.

“Hey Donghae…see something ?” Eunhyuk asked, his tone suddenly serious as he pointed towards the alley.

Donghae reluctantly moved nearer to Eunhyuk in attempt to take a look. To be honest, he wasn’t too interested. If it weren’t for Eunhyuk who suddenly turned serious, he wouldn’t have entertained him.

“It looks like…someone’s leg !” Eunhyuk exclaimed, pointing towards the direction in shock. He couldn’t exactly see clearly, but it looked like a person’s body was hiding behind something, and that his or her leg was stretched out.

Donghae squinted and took a better look before he too, became more concerned. “Hyung ! It really looks like it…!”

“C’mon, let’s go take a look,” Eunhyuk said and got down from the car.

The duo walked slowly towards the ‘object’, slightly afraid. After all, it was so quiet one could hear a pin drop. Not only that, it was cold, dark and deserted. They would do anything rather than walk through the alley if they had to do it individually.

Donghae crept slightly ahead of Eunhyuk as the two approached closer, confirming that it really was someone’s leg. Donghae turned around to look at Eunhyuk since he started to get scared, but Eunhyuk slightly pushed him, urging him to go forward.

“Aish, who’s the hyung here…!” He whispered, irritated. He was already freaked out and yet Eunhyuk was hiding behind him.

After plucking much courage, the two walked closer, and nearly screamed when they saw a female figure with her hair covering her face, sitting with her back against the wall. Donghae was panting and sweating by now, totally freaked out. It was dark and he wasn’t wearing his spectacles, so he couldn’t see very well.

“Oh. My. Goodness.” Donghae said, his hand on his chest as he stared at the female figure in shock.

“We…s-should we…c-call manager hyung ?” Eunhyuk asked, his voice shaking from fear.

Discovering an almost unconscious female body past midnight in an alley wasn’t something they were expecting. In fact, the both of them were pretty much scared out of their wits. The two had yet to recognize the female figure since her hair covered much of her face.

“Hyung…she’s not…d-dressed,” Donghae said as he covered his eyes and looked away. To date, Donghae has yet to see such a sight, not even ‘those kind of videos’ his hyungs watched.

However, just then, Donghae noticed a piece of white clothe beside her feet. He stared at the cloth for while, finding it utterly familiar as he carefully observed the frills. It seemed like a dress, looking extremely similar with the one… He froze. His eyes grew wide, and he gasped and dropped the cloth. Immediately, he approached the figure, lifting her hair out of her face.

“H-HYUNG…I..it’s…its ___ !” Donghae shouted in shock, unable to believe what he just saw.

“B-woh ?!” Eunhyuk was busy trying to dial for his manager, but the other party didn’t pick up. “REALLY ?!”

Donghae stared at ___ for while, still trying to digest what he was seeing in front of him.

“T-that’s…___...” Eunhyuk stuttered after getting a clearer look now that Donghae had pushed her hair behind her ears, revealing her face. “Q-quick, bring her to the hospital…!”

Donghae snapped back to reality, picking ____ up without hesitation as the two made their way towards the vehicle.

“Ottoke…ottoke…OTTOKE !!” Donghae mumbled in panic and got into the backseat with ___ in his arms.

Eunhyuk had too, started up the engine and started calling the other members. “Donghae, there’s some gym towels at the side pockets.” He said quickly as he was currently trying to contact the members yet concentrate on the road, especially when he was speeding.

Donghae immediately reached for the towels, wrapping them around ___’s body. He hadn’t seen her body before, not that he ever thought of seeing it but anyway, but now that he saw it he wished he didn’t. Her body was covered with bruises and cuts, and so was her face. He had also realized that there was blood on the back of her head, though he didn’t know if it was just a superficial wound or not. He squeezed her hand. A few moments ago he didn’t want to see her at all, but now that he did, he couldn’t believe what had happened to her. He had completely put the entire situation about what he had seen of Jake and her together at the back of his mind. He didn’t bother about that now. All he cared about was that the girl he loved had been violated. He looked at her face, starting to tear.

Very quickly, Eunhyuk pulled up at the nearest hospital, getting out of the vehicle quickly and opening the door for Donghae so that he could carry her out. The two then rushed into the hospital.

“DOCTOR ! I NEED A DOCTOR, PLEASE !!!” Eunhyuk shouted as Donghae was currently in panic mode.

Seeing how lifeless ___ looked in Donghae’s arms, several nurses and doctors rushed towards him, wheeling a bed towards them. Donghae gently placed her on the bed before grabbing her hand tightly, walking briskly alongside her.

“Sir, you need to let go,” A nurse told him as they stopped outside the emergency treatment room.

Donghae didn’t want to let go. He wanted to be by her side. He wanted to be there for her.

“Donghae…” Eunhyuk said and placed a hand on his shoulder. “C’mon…let them treat her.”

Donghae reluctantly let go of her hand, before the doctors and nurses pushed her inside the emergency room, closing the doors behind them. He stood there in shock, staring at the door, still in disbelief. Placing both hands on his shoulders, Eunhyuk then brought him to the restroom to wash his bloodstained hands. He placed his hands under the running water, staring at them.

“Donghae ah…I know you’re shocked but…” Eunhyuk started. In fact, he was equally shocked. But being a friend and a hyung, he knew he had to comfort him and assure him that all was going to be fine. That was the least he could do. He had already contacted the rest of the members, who were currently on their way together with their manager.

Donghae stared at his hands, seeing the blood being washed away. Then, his body started to shake as he started to cry quietly, his eyes fixed on his hands. Why ? Who was the cold-blooded jerk that had done this to her ? Tears of both sadness and anger flowed from his eyes as he started to cry harder.

“Donghae…?” Eunhyuk said, feeling his heart ache for the couple. One of whom his close friend, the other his close dongsaeng. Completely understanding that Donghae wouldn’t want to talk now, Eunhyuk helped to wash the dried blood of his hands before bringing him to a private VIP room the hospital had prepared for them.

The two sat there in silence, as Donghae stared at the floor, his tears flowing like there was no end. About 15 minutes later, they heard footsteps and Eunhyuk looked up to see that their members had arrived.

“What happened ?!” Yesung asked once he stepped into the room and closed the door behind them.

They then walked towards the other end of the room, having Eunhyuk to explain what had exactly happened. Upon hearing what he had to say, the members turned to look at Donghae, their faces full of sorrow.

“Donghae ah, calm down, she’s going to be fine, okay ?” Leeteuk comforted him and patted his back.

“She’s going to be fine ? What do you mean she’s going to be fine ?” Donghae looked up at Leeteuk with bloodshot eyes, shouting, “She got , hyung ! She isn’t going to be fine !!”

Not knowing what to do, the members stared in shock at Donghae who had just blew up. Donghae was not the kind that would blow up and the fact that he did proved that this was a big blow for him. Leeteuk didn’t blame him for raising his voice at him, he fully understood.

“She got …she got …” Donghae said to himself continuously. “And it’s all my fault ! AISH !” then, he got up and punched the wall behind him.

Shindong and Siwon immediately rushed towards Donghae, holding him back.

“Ya Donghae ! We understand you’re very upset but please, calm down. Don’t beat yourself up for this. It isn’t your fault !” His manager scolded and sat him down.

“It’s my fault, it’s all my fault…” Donghae cried, his face buried in his hands.

Knowing that it was the appropriate time, Siwon then explained the entire situation to the rest of them, about what Donghae had found out from a fan in Taiwan through the fan mail.

“Really ? She’s with another guy ?” Shindong whispered, asking Siwon.

“Well Donghae hyung has yet to talk to her about it, but I think it’s a misunderstanding. ___ isn’t the sort of girl. Plus, the party she attended today was in celebration of the championship title her school’s soccer team won, which that guy is in. If she were with him, he wouldn’t let her go home alone, would he ? Then she wouldn’t have been . I don’t think she’s seeing someone else…” Donghae heard Siwon explain everything on his mind.

 



 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

It’s all my fault ___ is in this state now. If I had just trusted her, trusted our relationship, none of this would have happened. She, all happy and healthy at the airport, would have picked me up at the airport and we would be at the dorms by now, catching up and having dinner together. I felt like the stupidest jerk on Earth. Seeing what had happened, I had obviously wronged her.

If she was dating Jake, wouldn’t she have been with him throughout the party ? Why would he allow her to go home alone that late in the night ? That was impossible. This only meant that it was my fault. If only I had talked to her about it, and asked her about it. No, in fact I should’ve just trusted her from the start. She wouldn’t do this to me, and I knew it. Now some erted bastard had cold-heartedly her in the back alley, leaving her like that. Winter was approaching and under this cold weather…was he trying to kill her ?! Most importantly, how was I going to explain this to her parents ? What if they decide to take her away from me ? I’m responsible for their daughter’s mishap. Her parents would’ve wanted her to study at Cambridge or Stamford but because of me, she chose to study in Seoul although she qualifies for better. How would I think of her like that ? I was really being a jerk !

There was nothing I can do, ever, to make it up for her. Though my tears were already flowing, I couldn’t hold in my cries any longer as I hugged Leeteuk hyung who was sitting beside me and cried hard on his shoulders. I could hear how the room had suddenly become quiet and I felt all eyes on me. How will I ever make it up to her, or forgive myself in the first place.

The group members then gathered as they gave me a warm group hug. This only made my tears fall quicker and my cries louder.

“Hyung, ___ really needs you now, so you have to stay strong for her, alright ? Though it was wrong of you to assume in the first place and not talk to her about it, what’s done cannot be done, so go through it bravely,” Kyuhyun said as he hugged my shoulders.

“Pull yourself together hyung, I believe she’ll make it. Don’t be too harsh on yourself, it isn’t entirely your fault. Misunderstandings are inevitable, don’t blame yourself too much. We’re all here for you, hyung !” Ryeowook said and patted my back.

I felt the warm embrace from every single one of the members, but I felt horrible. Why was I receiving all the warmth and love from my members when I didn’t even deserve it ?

Mianhe, jagiya.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello !! Sorry for this rather long winded update about how she was found and sent to the hospital :x Wanted to make it as detailed as possible to describe logically and smoothly how Donghae realised his mistake hehehe. Hope it's fine and I'd really love comments ^^ Thank you so much for all the comments from the previous chapter, you guys are awesome ! ♥ As promised, since there are so many comments, here's an update ! Hope it's soon enough, spent the entire day writing it (: Anywho, keep the comments going and please anticipate the next chapter ! Might edit this chapter by adding a preview for the next if I can't finish writing on time. I'll be spending the day out tmr so...till then ! Tkcare readers ! :B