The moment I fell in love

Crush on my straight best friend.

 

If you thought the first time I met seunghyun was a little crazy, wait till you hear about the second meeting.
 
The next semester was the first semester being a senior and I got internship in High fashion magazine, which was literally a dream come true for me. I was the assistant to the assistant of the editor in the chief, such a long title but I was grateful that I had a leg in the fashion industry. Well my boss didn't exactly like me as she tried to make my life a living hell, except when her boss who practically adored me was around. 
It was fashion week and as you know, everywhere was hectic. With designers, celebrities and models coming in from all over the world; who am I kidding, from the continent. 
"Kwon Jiyong, come in here" the editor called me in her office.
"One of our make models called in sick this morning" she said pacing about her table.
"What. That's so unproffesional"!! I screamed.
"Jesus Ji!. I know you have passion but common it's not the guys fault" did I mention how much I loved my boss. "But we have a savior. The owner of of the company has a son, he a business major in college and he's willing to take the job. I just got off the phone with him so here is his size" she said handing me a piece of paper "go to the Armani store, ask for Teddy. He knows what to do. All you have to do is pick it up and bring it to the Lutz, where the catwalk is going to be tonight"
"But we have models on standby, they've been waiting for this opportunity. Why can't we just use one of them"? I asked, trying to get my friend Daseung a job. We got in the company at the same time and he's been stuck being a standby model.
"I know what you're doing Jiyong, but trust me this Choi dude isn't some plain face. You know me I'd never settle"
"Okay, I'll take your word on that" I said about to leave the office.
"Oh Ji"? She called
"Yeah"?
"Nice hair" she said and smiled. Since it was fashion week, I decided to go pink,instead of my regular blonde.
"Oh I know" I flipped my hair and walked out.
I made my way to the Armani store already hating on the stand in model. I did not have a problem with him, I just hate when people have it easy. If he was a business major, why on earth would he want to model.
Picking up the suit from Teddy, I made my way back to high magazine when it happened. I was crossing the street when I got a call, it was my face boss. The one I hated.
"Jiyong, where the hell are you"?
"I'm on...." I tried to say when something smashed into me, lifting me off the ground, and leaving me with a cracked skull. I was sure I was dead.
 
"Where am I"? I asked as was lying in a room with bright lights.
"You're in the hospital. Are you okay"? It was him. Fake seunghyun; the same one I attacked, the previous semester.
"What the happened"? I was really curious.
"My car grazed you and you passed out" he said with a smirk on his face. 
"Grazed me?..... Grazed me?....you freaking ran me over. Look around dude, we're in a hospital and I am the one on life support"! I yelled, at this point I was only pissed because he wouldn't stop smirking. I went on and on, yelling at him and rendering him with insults and you know what he said?
"I think we should be friends Ken doll. You seem fun"
THIS MOTHERER. 
Here I am being furious and he's asking to be friends, telling me i seem fun. What is he? Barney?.
"Screw your friendship. I'm pressing charges" I said a little too calmly, compared to how I felt inside.
"Kwon Jiyong"? A doctor walked in.
"Yes"?
"You seriously need to rest; you're severely dehydrated and underweight. Trust me you don't want to be passing out in public places anymore" he said.
"Passing out?. This dude right here ran me over" Fake Seunghyun was practically rolling on the floor now.
"Oh no, he barely grazed you. You passed out". Okay fine. I am somewhat of a drama queen but whatever, life was more fun that way.
Fake Seunghyun left shortly after getting a call and I had to sit there, listening to how to maintain a balanced diet and whatnot when I glanced at the clock.
"Is that time correct"?
"Yes" I was over two hours late and the catwalk was to start in an hour.
"Where's my bill. I need to leave" I said hurriedly. 
"The guy who brought you here paid already" he responded as I flew out with my things. Taking the first available taxi.
 
 
I arrived at the venue thirty minutes before the show started, handed the suit to one of the stylist who gave me the deadliest look I'd ever seen and trust me, knowing my mother, I've seen a lot.
"Where the hell have you been" as much as I tried to hid from face boss, she found me.
"I... I..got in a little accident" I'm usually not timid but I needed this job, or at least a good recommendation letter from it.
"Excuses, Excuses.. I'm done with you. Hand in your resignation letter tomorrow morning" she yelled and my heart literally broke as I tried to hold in my tears. If only the editor in chief were here, she would have saved me but she was currently in front row of the runway.
"Hey.. Hey.. Hey, there's no need for anyone to get fired" And there he was, fake seunghyun. Walking towards us in the suit I just picked up looking illegal, with a smile on his face
"Master Choi" I saw my boss stiffen and that was when I realized, he was the boss's son and I have not only assaulted him, I've also cursed him. I deserve to lose this job.
"You see, yongie here was late because of a little accident I caused earlier" he said pulling me close and all I could do was drool. His voice, his soft touch, and he called me yongie.
 My boss did not have to be persuaded twice as she apologized and left, not before telling me what to do in the office the next day, which meant I get to keep my job.
"I should have known you work here. First blonde and now pink, which I must say... Looks really good on you" while he was speaking, I couldn't help but be mesmerized. How was he even human. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type to look at physical appearances but this guy before me was a walking, talking .
"Ken doll"? He called out and that's when I realized how long I'd spaced out just looking at him.
"Oh" I quickly composed myself  "thank you for saving me"
"Oh that's fine. I mean, you only assaulted me once so I thought I'd save you twice" he said and laughed.
"Nice logic" I said laughing too. He was beyond adorable with his weird sense of humor.
"So how about that friendship"? He asked more seriously this time.
"Why would you want to be friends with me"? 
"I dunno. Any person willing to walk into a room to fight two people that are bigger than they are for a friend needs to be my friend. Plus I dunno, I like you"
And just like that I was imprinted on. If only I had never asked why he wanted to be friends with me and walked away, I wouldn't have to live the next five years of my life pining for someone who was never going to love me back.