December 8

Silencing Her Suffering

 

Date - December 8

Time - 2:00 PM

Place - The Usual Apartment

Did she change a little?

Today, I slowly came through the door to find Naeun sitting on a chair. Not scrunched up in a pile, but sitting. On a chair. 

It took a while for my mind to process that, but I smiled as soon as it sunk in.

Her change would make my plans be exercised much easier.



Time – 2:01 PM

I grabbed her arm and tried to pull her up.

Naeun looked confused, to name the dominant trait.

I told her not to worry. We would be going somewhere beneficial for the both of us.

 

 

Time - Five Seconds After

We were off without any further protest.

 

 

Time - 2:25 PM

Place - Local Hospital

Naeun and I arrived in front of a huge building with numerous windows, sliding doors, and a bright, red cross on the building's highest peak.

A hospital? Her shocked face read. I can't go there! They would see my wounds. They would know!

And this was proven when she sprinted away from the building the moment we got off the bus.

 

 

Time - Four Seconds Later

 I grabbed ahold of her slim wrist. Even though we were in full view, Naeun continued to squirm with all her might, trying to run free from my grasp.

At that moment, it was my turn to be confused.

I was sacrificing my time and effort so that she would live a better life. Why couldn't she see that?

 

 

Time - A Minute Later

"Stop it," I told her firmly. "I'm doing this for you."

And she calmed down.

 

 

Time - 3:00 PM

Place - Inside the Doctor's Office

Each time I looked at Naeun, her body stiffened. Her eyes were unmoving, but I fright clouded it.

"What happened to your arms? How did the scars get there?" the doctor asked asked her skeptically. In her seat, she froze even further.

I felt that Naeun would either run off or break down then and there, so I had to do something fast.  

 

 

Time - A Tensed Minute Later

"A simple accident," I said as quickly as the idea came in to my mind. "We were cooking and she couldn't reach the new set of knives on the top shelf. They fell on her when her hand slipped."

Fortunetly, no further questions were asked concerning her ability to be cautious and my duty to take care of her.

 

 

Time - 3:31 PM

It turns out that the frequent changing of bandages were still not enough to remove Naeun's scars completely. The doctor prescribed proper medicine and showed her how to apply some.

When Naeun exited the door, the doctor stopped me in my tracks.

"Take care of her," he told me, concern filling his voice.

 I did not need to think twice to know my answer.

"Of course."

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chocolatemushrooms is my co-author now! She is seriously talented in editing, to name one trait.