November 27, 2012

Silencing Her Suffering

 

 

Date – November 27, 2012

Time – 10:00 pm

Place – That apartment building

 

It was a maze.

I turned left, and then I turned right. Down the narrow hallway I went. Everywhere I looked, I saw the effects of a building not being managed properly. The wallpaper on every side was peeling off, the floor creaked at my every step, and my hand was met by dirt every time I slid it over an object. 

I wondered if I were in the right place.

 


Time – 10:10 pm

I burst through the door expecting to see the room covered in streamers and balloons, a few light drinks on the table, with music blaring through the speakers. And most of all, people my age covering every inch of the cramped space, socializing and celebrating.

But I got none of that.

 

 

Time – 10:11 pm

Place – The room of the stranger

At that moment, I realized that I had entered the wrong apartment. It was dark and unfurnished, and the air in the room was damp and gloomy.

 



Time - 10:11:10

Instead of seeing my friends, I saw a lonesome figure.

She crouched in a dark corner, her head rested upon her knees which were brought up to her chest.

The sudden burst of light must have awakened the girl's senses, for she snapped her head to find the culprit who disturbed the quiet atmosphere. I stood frozen in my place, still absorbing the fact that I had stepped inside the wrong room.

 

 

Time – 10:12 PM

The girl let out a short shriek before she began stumbling backwards, reaching the intersection of two walls.

The door opened itself wider, and I was able to see the girl in full light.

A knife was clasped in her left hand. Hot, thick, crimson blood gradually trickled down her right arm.

She willingly cut herself.

 

 

Time – 10:13 pm

I cautiously made my way towards the girl. She cried and shouted for me to leave, but that was impossible now. Once I reached her, I crouched down so that my eyes met hers. I got out a handkerchief from my pocket and grabbed her injured hand. She furiously denied my touch, but I only grasped it tighter. Carefully, I draped the handkerchief over her exposed wound and held it there until the red liquid's flow eased noticeably.

 

 

Time – 10:33 pm

I sat quietly by her side after I had applied the much-needed medication.

At that moment, I swore to be by her side for as long as it took to see her healed.

I promised myself to be the knight in her life who would never waver. I made it my obligation to be there until her wounds would disappear permanently.

By finishing off this commitment, my birthday ended. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So basically, Chanyeol (the guy speaking, of course) is in the apartment simply because a party was scheduled for him, since it is his birthday.

I based this story's timeline on Chanyeol's real birthday, which is on November 27.

Anyway, he steps into the wrong room where he meets an especially broken girl.