The Real Way to Escape!

Fairytales Are Not Real

I was waiting outside the school gates and I kept looking at the watch. It was exactly seven thirty two and I was pacing back and forth. I heard the gates squeak and my head quickly moved towards the gate, seeing Yoon Ji in capris, a flower printed blouse, and converse. She smiled and bowed, “Hello Onew oppa.” I bowed back and smiled, “So…what are we going to do?”

“Hold on,” She said as she took out a small whistle from her pocket and blew in it, making myself hear a noise of two horses galloping. I was correct as I saw the horses come closer with a guy conducting with a carriage behind them. I guess this is what you call the royal treatment.

Yoon Ji was about to open the door but I beat her to it by opening the door, “You shall go in first…Princess Yoon Ji.” She smiled and nodded as she stepped inside. I went in after her and closed the door, “So…where are we going?” She shook her head, “I’m not telling you.”

I sighed and looked at her intently, “So tell me…what is your answer?” She grinned, “What answer?”

“If you want to get married to Chansung or not,” I whispered. Yoon Ji giggled, “Well…do you want me to get married to him?” She asked me again. This time, I didn’t go with that little excuse I had back at the garden, “To tell the truth…no.” I saw a little curve on her lips and I arched my eyebrow, “Why are you—‘”

She cut me off and looked down, “I don’t want to get married to him either…” My eyes glistened, “Really?!” She giggled and decided to sit next to me since we were sitting across from each other, “Yes…because…I like someone.”

“Well, I bet he’s a lucky man,” I smiled. Yoon Ji slouched and slapped my cheek softly, “Babo…” she paused and turned her head away from me, “It’s you…” I felt my ears getting red and I smiled, “Really? I guess I’m lucky then…”

Yoon Ji turned her head towards me, “Do you—like me too?” I nodded, “Yes, I really do.” She took a sigh of relief, “This was the first time I confessed…I feel pretty good about it.”

I let out a chuckle, “This is the first time I was ever confessed to. And I’m glad it’s you.” Yoon Ji blushed more and covered her face with her hands. I took her hands away and I felt like I was someone different, “It’s okay. Let’s just…enjoy tonight.”

During our night, we looked outside the carriage window and saw many new things—well actually, I only saw new things, Yoon Ji was like my tour guide!

We stopped by a lake and we both walked along it. I stopped by a rose bush and slowly picked one. I gave it to her and she happily accepted it. Unfortunately, our carriage ride was cut short and we headed back towards the academy.

Outside the gate, Yoon Ji still had the rose cupped in her hand and smiled, “Thanks for tonight.” I nodded and put my hands in my pants pocket. Suddenly, I felt an arm around my neck, “It was a great carriage ride!” I chuckled and nervously put my arm around her waist, “Yes, it was.”

I headed back to the dorm and closed the door behind me. I was smiling and Jonghyun looked at me weirdly, “Did you drink or something? You look like a creeper.” I shook my head, “No…it’s just that—I had the greatest night of my life.”

Minho stood up and looked at me closely, “What happened?” I sat down on Taemin’s bed, “Yoon Ji confessed to me.”

“What?!” The four of them shouted as they became curious. “Yoon Ji likes me and she confessed to me,” I repeated. “Wait—that means, Yoon Ji doesn’t want to marry Chansung,” Minho whispered as he clenched his jaw, “That’s not right…they’re supposed to marry each other.”

“Maybe it changed,” Key said as he patted my back, “Congrats hyung!” I glanced at Taemin who was reading a huge book and his eyes just kept pacing back and forth, “Whoa!”

“What?” I asked as Taemin put the big red book in the center of his bed, “Since you’re in love…do you believe in fairytales?” I pursed my lips together and was completely blank, “I seriously have no clue…” Taemin pointed his finger in the middle of the book on the left page, “It says that even though you would believe in fairytales now…the real way to actually get out is to stay here throughout the book…technically what it’s saying is that—you two are stuck here until this book has a complete ending.”

“So, we’re stuck here until this book is finished?!” I said as I sighed, “Oh well—I get to spend more time with Yoon Ji!”

“Yeah, but—this book can be a sad ending, just be careful about that. Chansung and Yoon Ji might actually get married,” Minho advised.

That night, we were talking about the whole book thing and we all finally went to sleep.

---

“Yoon Ji-ah,” I heard my mother’s voice over the phone as I was sitting down on the floor, “Yes mother?”

“You will get married to Chansung,” She said as I shrugged, “Mother—I have decided. I will not marry Chansung.” I heard my mother breathe, “Yoon Ji,” her voice rose, “tell me why!”

I scratched my free hand on the floor, “I found someone else…”

“And who exactly is this person?” She asked. I smiled, “his name is Lee Jinki…also known as Onew.” I heard a long pause, “You mean one of those new boys who accidentally showed up in this book?!”

“Yes,” I whispered. “Dear…please understand. Chansung will help with our castle. He is very responsible,” I cut her off, “Mother. Onew is the one for me. We both really like each other. In fact, I’m sure that Chansung does like someone as well.”

“Like who?” She asked. I bit my bottom lip, “I don’t know…but I’m sure he does!” I said as I hung up on her. Jin Hee sat down next to me, “I overheard and I can’t help it—you and Onew are a couple?!” Chun Hei quickly joined, “Really? I want details!”

“Wait me too!” Ji Sun said as she smiled and sat down with a pillow. I explained everything and they were in awe. “That’s so cute!” Ji Sun squealed as she hugged the pillow that she had in her arms.

“It’s like a movie!” Chun Hei smiled. “Congrats dongsaeng!” Jin Hee smiled, “You are now a taken person like us!”

I giggled and my cell phone rang. I answered it, “Hello?” A deep voice replied to me, “Yoon Ji.” It was Chansung so I responded, “Yes?”

“Your mom called me up about our marriage. She said that I might’ve liked someone since you told her that,” he paused, “How did you know?!” My mouth dropped, “W-what?”

“I actually do like someone,” he said, “Her name is Suh Hyo Jin, who is the princess of Gwangju.” I let out a breath, “Really? So, I guess we’ll be calling off the wedding, right?”

“Yup!” Chansung said in a joyful tone, “But…I actually got a call from the Busan Palace…there is bad news.” I glanced at Ji Sun and became worried, “What is it?”

“Instead of us getting married…Ji Sun will have to marry someone to become the queen of Busan. Jonghyun will be taking over the Incheon Palace along with Jin Hee,” his voice was more serious and firm. I stood up and went outside the room, closing the door behind me I walked around the hall, “So…Chun Hei and Minho will take over the Daegu Palace, Jin Hee and Jonghyun will take over the Incheon Palace, I will take over the Seoul Palace with someone, you will take over the Gwangju Palace with Hyo Jin, and Ji Sun will take over the Palace of Busan with…”

“Daejeon’s Prince…” he whispered, his voice raspy. “You mean…the bad boy who is a dork?!” I whispered loudly. “Yes—Prince Bang Chulyong…” He replied. How am I going to tell this to Ji Sun?!

--------------------------------

There's the new chapter! Hope you like it^^

[Updated July 12,2010; 1:53PM]