Training

Fairytales Are Not Real

*who ever watches Shugo Chara! Then you will most definitely understand this chapter

I, Choi Yoon Ji, needed to make Onew believe in fairytales. If he doesn’t—something bad might happen to this book. There must be some ways, but I heard he never believed in fairytales since he was five and now he’s twenty! That’s just sad for him.

As we were all talking I felt my phone vibrate, so I put down my plate, and took out my phone, “Hello?”

“Yoon Ji-ah,” my mother’s voice answered from the other line. “Yes mother?” I asked and everyone except Onew and Key looked at me. “You must come home for tonight—you have training,” She replied.

“Do the others have to come too?” I asked. “Yes and this is the time when Ji Sun will be properly trained,” mother said. “Okay, what time?”

“About six thirty,” mother replied. I looked at my watch, “Okay, we will be there.” I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket. “What did mom say?” Minho asked. “We all have to be home tonight at six thirty,” I replied. I glanced at Onew and I saw he had a questionable face, “All? Even Key and I?”

“No no,” Chun Hei replied, “You and Key will stay back, but don’t worry! We’ll be back by tomorrow.” Key nodded, “Sure.”

It was night and all of us gathered at the front entrance of the academy. All of us had black coats on and we waited for the two carriages to arrive. “It’s been pretty long since we’ve went back,” Jin Hee whispered. “It’s only been three days,” Jonghyun muttered. “I don’t care!” Jin Hee shouted, “I missed home!”

“Me too so I don’t get why you’re yelling at me,” Jonghyun smirked. “Jin Hee, calm down,” I whispered as I saw her twitch at him. “I swear—‘” Jin Hee muttered as she started blabbing about how much of a jerk Jonghyun is.

Finally, two carriages stopped in front of us and the boys went in their carriage while we went in ours. “I can’t believe I’m gonna train now!” Ji Sun excitingly said. “Of course you’re excited! It’s the most memorable moment of your life!” Chun Hei smiled, “When I first trained it was wonderful! Though—the falling hurt.”

“That happened to all of us,” I sighed, “But yes, it was fun!” As we were still in the carriage, the second driver turned to us, “Princesses, please put on your crowns, we are almost there.”

“Okay,” We all replied as we grabbed out a brown jewelry box from the side. We all had our own box and we designed it as well. I opened mines and it revealed a crown. It wasn’t like a King’s or Queen’s crown, but a Princess Crown. It had little pink gems on the crown, but they were only noticed on the sides. In the center of the crown revealed a gold circle with ‘Seoul’ engraved. I am the Princess of Seoul and Minho is the Prince of Seoul. He might have the King’s chair next since he’s older than me—but we’re still figuring out who can be the potential queen.

I glanced at Chun Hei who was wearing a Daegu crown. She is the Princess of Daegu and the only child so she will have the Queen’s chair while she has a husband beside her—but hers is undecided as well. Jin Hee is wearing an Incheon crown since she is the Princess of Incheon, but she’s not the only princess. Hwang Chansung is the Prince of Incheon and apparently—I have a chance to be the queen with him—but I don’t want to. I rarely see him since he’s always working. Ji Sun is wearing a Busan Crown since she is the Princess of Busan, but since she’s brother’s with Jonghyun, he as well is the Prince and he will have the King’s chair next. Since Chun Hei, Jonghyun, and Ji Sun are related their castles merged.

And about Taemin—well he’s not really a royalty person. He’s not a Prince…why you ask? Well, Taemin actually works for the Busan Castle. He’s like a bodyguard to Ji Sun since she’s very fragile when it comes to fights or some sort. Taemin might have a chance of being the royal chair because his uncle is the King of Ulsan and he doesn’t have children.

The carriage arrived at the castle and we all took off our coats and entered the castle. Just to note, the Seoul Castle is the powerful castle of South Korea and this is where most meetings are held when it’s an international problem. Also, not all castles are enemies!

We entered the castle where seven maids were each holding a hanger with clothes being protected, “Welcome back masters,” they all said in unison. “Princes and Princesses,” a butler came out and bowed, “we each have your clothes, please dress into them and meet the Queen in the backyard.”

After about fifteen minutes we headed out to the backyard with formal wear. The girls were wearing a white silky dress which was brought down under the knees while the guys were wearing a white sweater and white pants.

“Nice to see you all again,” my mother smiled as she was sitting down on the patio, “We’ll first start off with the meeting, so please sit down.” The seven of us sat down on the chairs and looked at my mother. “This meeting is very short and simple, so don’t doze off,” she sat up and cleared , “Our kingdom—is a very important building in Seoul. The power of this castle is so powerful—but everything powerful has weaknesses. What’s our weakness? Our weakness is the lack of support of our species. Your power needs to be more supportive.”

“So what you’re saying is that we need to keep our powers out in the open during night?” Jonghyun asked. “Not only night—but in day as well,” mother replied, “since we have this lack—castles who are from a different area will attack and have a chance of winning.”

“But the competition is just a game—right?” Minho asked. “No, it’s not. The competitions you guys played in are more like a sport; this competition is like a gamble. The winner gets the loser’s castle and pride,” mother sighed and looked at us, “It’s time for training.”

We all nodded and stood up, ready for training. My mother went towards the wall of the castle and pressed the button. In an instant, a huge force field surrounded the castle. If we don’t have the force field—we might go out of the area and be lost. All the objects that were lying outside were magically gone and it was officially training. “Bring out your friends,” mother smiled. Each one of us smiled as we quickly went inside the castle.

There was a table sitting in the middle of the room and on top of it were seven small pillows with an egg on each one. Each egg had a different design on it, showing their personalities. I went towards mines which had a heart in the center of the egg, “Sarang,” I whispered, “You can come out~” The egg hatched revealing a small fairy—her name is Sarang which means love. “Sarang!~” She squealed as she had a heart wand in her hand, “Yoon Ji-ah!~” She smiled as she hugged my cheek. I giggled, “Nice to see you Sarang!”

“Bul!” Minho smiled as his male fairy appeared. “Bul!” The fairy shouted as he snapped his finger, showing fire floating above it. (Author Note: Bul means fire in Korean)

“Bling!” Jonghyun shouted as he was happy to see his fairy. “Bling bling!” His fairy smiled as a glimpse of gold light surrounded him.

“Berry!” Chun Hei giggled. “Berry~” The fairy sung as she twirled around with a whisk (Author Note: If you watched Shugo Chara, I’m basing Berry as Su).

“Pop!” Taemin smiled. The fairy came out and did a little dance and posed, “Dance!~” Apparently, Taemin is lucky to have a fairy. Since he is related to a King he had the chance to get one.

“Re!” Jin Hee smiled as her fairy popped out. “Re, re!~ Caring Re!~” Her fairy smiled as she was wearing a nurse’s cap.

“Angel—you can come out,” Ji Sun smiled as she waiting patiently for her fairy to come out. Slowly the egg hatched showing a fairy with a halo, “Angel~”

“Okay, let’s go!” Jin Hee smiled as she did a superman pose, “Kyaaa!” All of us went to the backyard and stood there. “Ji Sun, you’re practicing first,” mother said.

Ji Sun stood in the middle of the backyard and closed her eyes. A halo appeared above her and she smiled, “Let’s go Angel!~” Ji Sun closed her eyes, smiled, and nodded, “Bring it on~”

A practice person appeared and it was an evil competitor—a thief. “Halo Light!” Ji Sun shouted as she pressed her hands out, making a forceful glow of light head towards the person. The halo light stricken the man as he flew backwards towards the fence. The man stood back up and smirked. He grabbed out a gun—don’t worry, it’s more like an air soft gun, but it’s very painful. He triggered it and Ji Sun quickly reacted, “force—‘” She got cut off from the bullet hitting her leg, making her fall down, “no!”

“She’s injured!” Taemin shouted as he went towards Ji Sun, “Are you okay?!” Jin Hee came in and Re looked at Ji Sun’s leg, “This will be easy!” She smiled as she circled her hands around the wound. Magical dust dusted onto the leg, “magic, magic dust! Fly, fly away! Wounds disappear!” Re announced as the wound suddenly disappeared. Ji Sun sat up and stuck her index finger at Re, “thanks Re!” Re shook her finer and smiled, “no problem!”

As her training was done, everyone else went up. We never knew time flew by fast because when we checked the time, it already six in the morning. “Okay, training dismissed! We’ll see you next week, also, make sure your fairy gets rest—I trust all of you to take care of your fairy,” mother announced. We bowed and exited the castle, “I’m so tired!” I sighed as my eyes got heavy. “It’s okay, you’ll get lots of rest,” Sarang smiled as she was sitting on my shoulder.

I hope I can stay up…I have a feeling I’ll knock out on the couch of class. I hate sleeping in daytime—when it’s the evening, I stay up and it’s a school night! Please—let me stay up!