Daejeon's Prince

Fairytales Are Not Real

Previously:

“Instead of us getting married…Ji Sun will have to marry someone to become the queen of Busan. Jonghyun will be taking over the Incheon Palace along with Jin Hee,” his voice was more serious and firm. I stood up and went outside the room, closing the door behind me I walked around the hall, “So…Chun Hei and Minho will take over the Daegu Palace, Jin Hee and Jonghyun will take over the Incheon Palace, I will take over the Seoul Palace with someone, you will take over the Gwangju Palace with Hyo Jin, and Ji Sun will take over the Palace of Busan with…”

“Daejeon’s Prince…” he whispered, his voice raspy. “You mean…the bad boy who is a dork?!” I whispered loudly. “Yes—Prince Bang Chulyong…” He replied. How am I going to tell this to Ji Sun?!

--

I went back inside the dorm to see the girls still seated on the floor. They were looking at me weirdly. “What’s going on?” Jin Hee asked. “Who called?” Chun Hei asked. “Was it Onew?” Ji Sun smiled.

I bit my lip and sat next to Ji Sun, grasping her shoulder, “Dongsaeng…it was Chansung…and it’s about you…”

“Me?” She asked as pointed to herself. I nodded and looked down, “You guys know whose Daejeon’s Prince, right?”

“You mean Prince Bang Chulyong, known as Mir?” Chun Hei asked as I nodded. “What about him?” Ji Sun replied. “Well…it’s found out that Chansung and I will be married. He will get married to Gwangju’s Princess Suh Hyo Jin.” I said.

“That’s great! You get to marry Onew!” She giggled. “But…” I quickly said as my voice got softer, “You…will get married to Prince Mir…” Chun Hei and Jin Hee were shocked and looked at Ji Sun. I also looked at Ji Sun who was softly smiling, “Really? Oh…I see…”

“You’re not sad?” Chun Hei asked as she pouted. “A little, but—how am I supposed to say that to Taemin? I mean, we like each other…and well…” She whispered as she brought her head down to her pillow. She took a deep breath and sat back up, “Maybe Mir might not be that bad.”

---

I heard the news that I am getting married to Prince Bang Chulyong of Daejeon. I was pretty shocked at first, but I remember when I was seven years old.

When I was seven and Jonghyun was ten, we were at a party along with Taemin. He was my bodyguard and childhood friend when we were very young. At the party, I was sitting by the table, watching performers. This party was technically for all the palaces to come together and have a great time together. That was where I met Chun Hei, Minho, Yoon Ji, Jin Hee, and Chansung as well.

During the party, we were able to go outside and play some games with each other, but it was very limited for us girls since we were wearing dresses. The only games we did play was hide and go seek, duck, duck, goose, and a few more. While we were playing hide and go seek, Taemin and I split up to hide and I decided to hide underneath the playground. What I didn’t know was that there was someone next to me. I was about to squeal but its hand covered my mouth. The person removed their hand and smiled at me. When I got a closer look it was the Prince of Daejeon, Bang Chulyong, known as Mir. He waved at me and whispered, “Hello Princess Ji Sun.” I bowed my upper body, “Hello Prince Chulyong.”

“Call me Mir,” He smiled. I nodded, “Okay. Hello Prince Mir.” He chortled, “Let’s win, neh?”

It was a great moment to meet Mir. After the games, Mir and I had a great friendship but then—our parents got into a little argument causing us to be separate for now. I wonder why only now my parents decide for me to get married to Mir.

The next day the boys and us, girls were sitting in our usual spots of the garden and I decided to tell Taemin about it. “Oppa,” I whispered and I looked at Taemin. He glanced at me and tilted his head, “Neh?”

“Um…I have to tell you that…I’m getting married to Daejeon’s Prince,” I whispered as I looked at my hands. Taemin nodded, “I understand…I thought this would happen. Yes, I understand…” it seemed like he was talking to himself. “Who are you getting married to?” Jonghyun asked. “Daejeon’s Prince Mir,” I replied.

“Why wasn’t I told about this?” Jonghyun questioned as an eyebrow arched. “Chansung told me,” Yoon Ji replied, “They’re getting married instead of us…”

“Really?!” Onew shouted as he sprouted up, having a huge smile on his face. “Yup, that means I’m not getting married to Chansung,” Yoon Ji replied. He quickly sat down and side hugged me which left all of us in shock. “I can’t believe that you guys are going out for some reason,” Jonghyun whispered. “Well I can!” I smiled, “They look so cute!”

As we were conversing, the doors opened and multiple footsteps were heard. All heads were turned to the incoming people and there I saw the familiar Daejeon Prince Mir. I stood up and bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Hello, Princess Ji Sun,” Mir bowed as he smiled. I saw Chansung and Gwangju’s Princesses Suh Hyo Jin and Suh Hyo Mi. behind Mir and I bowed, “Hello.” The Princesses and Chansung bowed as well and everyone else stood up. “So, you’re Princess Suh Hyo Jin, neh?” Yoon Ji asked as she looked at Hyo Jin. She nodded, “Yup and this is my sister Hyo Mi.”

“I’m more of the motherly type than how Hyo Jin is,” Hyo Mi said as she stuck her tongue out. “Reminds me of Key,” Onew chuckled. “Well it’s good to have at least some skill of a parent!” Key retorted as he rolled his eyes. “Yeah, unlike Hyo Jin is like a child,” Hyo Mi sighed as she shook her head, “And I’m younger than her…”

“We have so much in common!” Key said as he stood up and brought his hand out towards her, “I’m Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key.” She shook his hand and gave a charming smile, “Princess Hyo Mi, call me Mi Mi~” I giggled as I felt that there could be some connection between the two very soon.

“So Mir, what are you doing here?” Jin Hee asked. “We’re just here to meet you guys,” Mir replied. “And to introduce my new wife,” Chansung smiled, “I mean, we are royalty and we are good friends so we should be meeting each other more, right?” Jin Hee nodded, “Well, it’s nice meeting you all!”

Chun Hei quickly stood up, “Is there anything you want? There are guests so I shall treat them!” Hyo Mi raised her hand, “Um…I like muffins.” Chun Hei gave a smile and quickly went to the kitchen. “Let me help~” Minho replied as he trailed behind her, catching up to put his hand around her waist.

“They’re so cute!” Hyo Jin giggled as Chansung hugged her because of her cuteness. “Everyone who has a boyfriend or girlfriend is cute,” I smiled, “well—I guess so…” Mir chuckled and let his head down, “That’s pretty cute.”

I blushed and smiled. I sat back down and looked at Taemin who was keeping a smile, but as I looked at his eyes, I saw sorrow and agony. My smile disappeared for a moment and I whispered to Taemin, “Are you okay?” He nodded and looked down, “Yes—I am, Princes Ji Sun.” His speech became more formal towards me. Is it because he’s just going to be my bodyguard now?

---

Mir and I decided to talk for a while by walking around the garden with Taemin following behind us. We were asking questions and I looked down at my feet, walking the same pace as Mir. I looked up and kept my head straight forward.

As we were walking, I haven’t noticed that I was going to trip on a water hose. My foot got underneath the water hose and I was going a bit forward. “Prin—‘” Taemin started as he was going to catch me, but I felt Mir’s hands on both sides of my shoulders, “You okay?” I stood up straight, regaining my posture, “Yeah…thanks,” I smiled.

---------------------------------------------

[Updated July 17,2010; 9:23PM. Happy birthday to Taemin [Korea Time] <3]