Emotions

Fairytales Are Not Real

Previously:
“Where’s Yoon Ji?” The young man asked. “Over there,” Onew pointed towards Yoon Ji, “Um…who are you?”

Yoon Ji looked at the young man, “w—what are you doing here?”

“Oppa,” Jin Hee whispered as she let go of Jonghyun’s collar, “I thought you were still working?”

“Mother wants me to get married already,” He whispered. “To—me?” Yoon Ji asked. “Yes,” He replied.

Onew’s eyes widened and looked at the young man and Yoon Ji, “Wait—who is he?!”
--
“Wait—who is he?!” Onew shouted as he had a confused look on his face. I stood up from the couch and walked towards him, “Onew…this is Chansung, brother of Jin Hee.”

“Jin Hee’s brother? I never knew she had a brother,” Onew muttered. He stuck his hand out, “I’m Lee Jinki, also known as Onew! Nice to meet you.” Chansung shook his hand, “Nice to meet you too…Onew.” Chansung faced me, “Yoon Ji-ah, we need to talk.”

I looked at the clock: Seven forty five. I guess I can. “Okay…” We both walked towards the couch and Chansung gulped, “My mom…wants us to get married…”

“But—why now?” I whispered as I played with my hands. “I don’t know—she said something about an economic crisis and how businesses aren’t having much support,” He replied. Jin Hee sat down on the table and sighed, “Dongsaeng is getting married before me—I feel so—ugh…”

“That’s what you get for being violent,” Jonghyun whispered. “Shut up!” Jin Hee shouted as she closed her eyes and sighed, “I guess you’re right…”

“Unnie seems serious about love,” Ji Sun whispered as she sat on the chair, facing Jin Hee, “don’t worry! I know you’ll get married before me!” She smiled. Jin Hee showed a little smile and ruffled Ji Sun’s hair, “you don’t know that…”

“I know that you’ll get married before me too,” Chun Hei said as she sat on the other chair. She leaned in towards Jin Hee and whispered, “Jonghyun and you seem like a good couple.”

“What?!” Jin Hee stood up, “That jerk and I?! No way!” Jonghyun looked at her, “jerk? Who are you calling a jerk?!”

“YOU!” She yelled as she glared at Jonghyun. “Whoa…that’s a different glare I saw,” Jonghyun backed away and sat next to Taemin, “Taemin-ah! Show Jin Hee your aegyo!” Taemin shook his head, “Nah…I’m pretty tired right now,” he yawned and stretched. “Cute!” Jin Hee and Chun Hei squealed. “Heh, you show your cute charms even when you don’t notice it,” Jonghyun laughed as he softly punched Taemin’s arm.

“Yoon Ji,” Chansung brought me back towards this conversation, “so…what do you think?”

I bit my lip and sighed, “sure…but I don’t want it right away…just wait for like three weeks.” Chansung nodded, “Okay, sure.” He stood up and bowed, “I’ll see you later,” He turned towards the others, “bye guys!” He waved. “Bye!” The rest of them smiled as Chansung walked towards the exit. Onew looked at Chansung leave and once he was away, Onew was amazed, “He’s handsome!”

“I’m jealous,” Key sighed, “But I’m still good looking,” He smiled. “Good thing to be positive!” I smiled as I put a thumb up.

Onew walked towards me, “So—what’s this marriage thing?” I sighed, “His parents and my parents want us to get married…”

“Why?” He asked as he sat down next to me. “Um…nothing really…heh, you know—it’s like movies and dramas,” I smiled as I tried not to expose the secret.

“Oh yeah, this a book, so it could happen,” He nodded and smiled, “Good luck with the marriage!” I twitched and sighed. He accidentally kissed me and he’s still like this? He’s not jealous that I’m getting married? What a guy…

Jin Hee looked pretty down and her statement was rarely said, “Dongsaengs, unnie…we need to talk. Can we go to the café?” All of us looked at each other, “Sure.”

“Café? Can I come?” Jonghyun smiled. “No,” Jin Hee beamed as she looked down. I saw Minho walk towards him and whispered, “It’s called a girl thing.” Jonghyun glared at him and hit his arm, “whatever…I’m going to the dorm first,” he whispered as he started walking to the exit.

“Wait for me!” Onew shouted as he caught up with Jonghyun. Key started walking with them and then Taemin and Minho went back.

All of us, girls, stayed and Jin Hee was still looking sad. Chun Hei took out her cell phone and contacted the carriage man to pick us up and we all started walking to the entrance gate. Jin Hee would usually call on meetings because of problems going on or just wanting a chat with only girls than with the guys around.

The carriage man picked us up and we arrived at the Seoul’s Soul Café. As we entered, there was a different mixture of auras, but one aura stood out the most. The aura was very—depressing. The music that was playing was ‘The End is Coming’ by 8Eight. The heartbreaking song had a beat that can be addicted and as I turned to Jin Hee, she seemed like she came here to vent about the emotions going on.

The waitress took us to our little booth and we all sat down with Jin Hee in the middle. Jin Hee ordered black coffee, I ordered mocha, Chun Hei ordered mint coffee, and Ji Sun ordered water since she doesn’t like coffee.

As we got our orders, Jin Hee laid her arm on the table, with her hand clenched, “Why?” she started, “why is he that stupid?” The three of us looked at each other and we all knew who she was talking about: Jonghyun.

“Unnie,” Ji Sun whispered, “Jonghyun isn’t really that stupid…he’s very smart.” She must know since she is the younger sister of him. “But he’s so stupid at love!” Jin Hee added as she put her laid arm up to put her hand on her forehead, “He never notices that I like him…”

“Maybe,” Chun Hei started, “Maybe because you’re violent to him…maybe you should soften up to him a bit.” Jin Hee nodded and took a sip out of her coffee with her two hands, “wouldn’t it be weird though? I being nice to him and it would get all awkward.”

“That’s true,” I whispered, “Unnie, maybe you should confess to him.” She shook her head, “he might not like me…and he might be marrying someone else since he wil have the throne soon.” Ji Sun shook her head, “He’s rejecting all the candidates. He says that none of them can relate to him and he has someone else in mind.”

“Who’s that?” Jin Hee asked. “I don’t know…he wouldn’t tell me,” Ji Sun pouted. “Can you try find out?” Chun Hei asked. “Sure!” She replied with a smile, “I’ll make him tell me…I got the perfect idea!” Soon, her character, Angel, flew out, “Ji Sun-ah~”

She looked up and smiled, “Hi Angel!” Angel looked at her, “is this idea bad?” She shook her head, “No no. But we need Bling Bling’s help.” Angel nodded, “Okay! I’ll go to him!” Soon she disappeared from a light shining in front of us.

Seconds later, Bling Bling came with Angel. “So, what’s going on?” Bling Bling flashed a charming smile. His teeth were so white that you can be blind!

“Does Jonghyun have a—possession, like an action figure?” Ji Sun asked. “Um…no, but I found something very interesting in his wallet,” Bling Bling replied. “Really? What is it?” Angel asked.

“Well, I can’t really say,” Bling Bling whispered, “I can only show Ji Sun…since the wallet is only for family use.” Ji Sun pursed her lips and thought, “Oh! That wallet! Okay, I’ll see it tomorrow morning~”

“Bling Bling,” Jin Hee whispered, “Do you know who Jonghyun likes?” Bling Bling hesitated and let out a chuckle, “Um…no. Sorry, gotta go, bye bye!” he quickly said as he left. “Suspicious…” Chun Hei muttered as she took a sip out of her coffee.

“I’m useless,” Jin Hee whispered as she banged her head on the table, “I shouldn’t have been mean to him…I should have been a shy girl who’s anger is held inside her—like—like Ji Sun! Jonghyun is such a good brother to Ji Sun!” Ji Sun looked down, “I guess you can say that…but his personality towards me is fake…it’s like he’s still taking me as a child, nothing else.”

Jin Hee banged her head on the table once again, “I can’t take it…whenever he yells at me or run away from me, I think about it a lot. It is my fault…but…he should at least man up.” I pat her back, “Let’s admit it…” I paused and looked at her, “he’s an idiot when it comes to love.”

“Babo!” Jin Hee shouted as I saw tears coming out, “Babo, babo, babo!” She clenched her fist, “why is he like this?!” She can be really sensitive when it comes to love…so I guess you can understand why she wears the red jacket to school. Her color is really shown when it comes to this kind of problem.
------------------

I was sitting on my bed in the dorm and I was looking at the wallet. That picture is very memorable…I can’t stop looking at it. It’s very precious to me.

Onew’s bed was across mine since we’re both on the top of the bunk beds while Taemin’s single bed was in between (A/N: I’m not sure if Onew was on the top or if it was Key, but let’s just go with that(: ). “What’s inside that wallet?” He asked. “This?” I pointed at the wallet, “oh, nothing much…just money…it’s a very precious thing you know.”

Taemin was listening to his MP3 and he looked up, “Hyung, you’re looking at that picture again, aren’t you?” I glared at him and nodded, “Yeah…” Key sat on Taemin’s bed since Taemin’s legs were crossed, “What picture?”

I heard Minho chuckle and I quickly reacted, “shut up Minho…I have a picture of the one you like!” Minho stopped and sighed, “Fine…I’ll stop.”

“Who do you like?!” Key shouted as he started getting more suspicious with the secrets that are slowly revealing. “It’s pretty noticeable,” Taemin whispered. “Quiet dongsaeng, it’s pretty noticeable on who you like!” Minho retorted. Oh man—there’s gonna be a lot of secrets revealing tonight.

“All of you have crushes? Me too!” Onew smiled as he thought this was a happy moment. To us, this is an embarrassing moment.

“Aish...shall we just tell them?” I looked at Minho and Taemin who sighed and nodded their heads. Taemin took off his headphones and looked at Minho, “Minho likes Chun Hei.”

“I thought so!” Onew exclaimed as he sat up and hugged his pillow. “Is it really that noticeable?” Minho pouted as he sat on Taemin’s bed as well, facing Key. “Sort of,” Key whispered, “The first time when we met, you said you loved her cooking and you really seemed excited and anticipated.” Minho snapped his fingers, “Darn…” Minho then looked at Taemin, “your turn,” he grinned.

Taemin looked down and smiled, “I like Ji Sun…”

“I knew it!” Onew shouted again. “You two would look nice together,” Key smiled. “At least Taemin’s isn’t as noticeable as Minho’s,” I teased and let out a laugh. “Shut up…” Minho whispered as he hid his face. “Key—anyone you like?” Taemin asked.

“Nope,” He confidently stated. “I guess there isn’t anyone to like…” I whispered, “Since there are four girls and five boys—that leaves you out.” Key nodded in agreement, “Yup—but I’ll wait! Besides…this a story…right?” I saw Onew look down. “Yah—do you believe in fairytales now?” I flashed a smile.

He shook his head, “Nope. It’s not fairytale-ish.” I saw Key leer, “I bet you’ll believe in them soon.” Taemin looked up at Onew, “Hyung—do you like anyone?”

He smiled and nodded, “Neh—Yoon Ji…” Minho twitched, “WHAT?!” Minho is very protective of his sister so it’s pretty natural for him to shout like that. I think he’s a good brother—but at times I think he’s over protective.

“Is it bad?” Onew whispered. Minho calmed down, “No…” He glared at Onew, “You don’t like her because you kissed her, right?” He shook his head, “Nope. I like her because she’s very calm and doesn’t get mad over so little things.”

“Heh, that reminds me of Jin Hee,” I accidentally blurted out. “She does get mad—mostly at you,” Key responded. “But she does have a soft side—you just always blow off her top,” Minho added. “It’s not my fault that I get her mad,” I whispered.

“Hyung—who do you like?” Taemin asked me. “Taemin—you’re mostly asking us who we like—are you the most curious.” I beamed. He shook his head, “No…” I grinned at him, “I think you’re scared that someone might secretly like Ji Sun.”

“No I’m not!” Taemin shouted. “Haha, joking,” I chortled, “I like…Um…wait…” I got off the bunk bed and sat in the middle of Taemin’s bed. Minho and Key sat at the edge of their bunk beds and Onew came down as well, sitting by Minho. I decided to sit by Taemin and I opened my wallet. Showing the picture of the one I like…

I placed it in the center, “That’s who I like…”