Chapter 5

Crazy Love

 

heyyyyyy c;

“Umma!” Sungyeol shouted, walking around the house thinking in his mind keep it cool, keep it cool. Everyone’s gonna be freaked out if you do something weird. “Are you home?”

                There was a distant shout from upstairs, and the teenager turned around to look at Myungsoo, memorizing every step he was taking and making sure to swab it for DNA later on. Or fingerprints. Anything, really, of Myungsoo.

                “Do you – um, do you want to come in?” Sungyeol stammered. “Because, uh, I guess you can wait for your mom in the kitchen.”

                The kitchen. Where Sungyeol ate his dinner every. day.

                Was Myungsoo worthy to go in there?

                Sungyeol just watched as Myungsoo didn’t react, only standing there and looking on.

                Crap.

                This is where the police come in. They’re gonna barge in, they’re gonna run upstairs and take all my stuff. . . This isn’t good. Not good. Not good.

                Myungsoo, on the other hand, widened his eyes, making sure to pat his pockets to check if his phone was still there. Because he knew, it was a gut feeling, that in the kitchen…were the police.

                Right. And ninja move, he had to ninja it, he’d grab his phone from his pocket and throw it at the wall – it’d break, right, and there would be no way for anybody to hack into it and see the pictures inside.

                Perfect. Plan.

                “Uh…hyung?”

                The two teens recognized Daeyeol’s voice right away, and they were frightened for their lives that the words that followed would be the police are here.

                No, instead, the little elementary school student beamed and said, “Let’s go wait in the kitchen! I wanna show ahjussi the Swiss hot chocolate Umma got me!”

                Myungsoo let out a breath of relief, but got hyped up once again when his hand was grasped by the little boy’s.

                That hand. touched. Sungyeol. and now it’s touching me.

                He could die happy now – no, wait, unless Sungyeol himself touched Myungsoo, then…no, he didn’t want to think about. They already touched once and Myungsoo was about to burst into a happy volcano of confetti and unicorns and shet, imagine if they touched again. Everything would just go kaboom, quite literally.

                Alike to how they were walking home, Myungsoo made sure to step in the same exact spots that Sungyeol had – he was smart, he knew that this entire house was made up of Sungyeol’s footprints and handprints (he could die in this house for all he cared), but the places that Sungyeol last touched were the most fresh.

                While Sungyeol was arranging the counter, he subtly looked behind him and thought to himself; he’d watched more than enough FBI drama cases to know what to do right now.

                “Here –“ he stopped for a moment, grabbing a glass cup and pouring water into it. “Have some water. It’ll…calm you down a bit.”

                Myungsoo’s arm froze halfway to grabbing the water.

                Calm him down a bit.

                For what. Calm him down for what. Something was going to happen. And he had to be calm for it.

                Crap.

                Sungyeol’s hand awkwardly stuck out, the cup still dangling mid-air, brought up only by his arm. “Uh…sorry?”

                “Sorry? What? Sorry? There’s nothing to be sorry about!” Myungsoo panicked for a second, grabbed the cup of water, and chugged it all down. “See? All done! Nothing to be sorry about! Nothing to be calm about either, nothing, nothing, nothing!”

                If this was any other person, or at any other time, Sungyeol would’ve freaked and have been totally weirded out, but for starters this was Kim Myungsoo. And he just…he just…

                Snatching the cup back from Myungsoo’s hand, Sungyeol wanted to cry because he had Myungsoo’s DNA on the cup. The boy’s saliva. Holy crap, if he never washed this cup, they could have like a billion indirect kisses.

                Just the thought of that made him want to die in a happy hole.

 

“Your son’s room is really neat,” Myungsoo’s mother, Jin Ri, commented as she looked around Sungyeol’s bedroom.

                “Neat? You call this neat?” Sunyoung, Sungyeol’s mom snorted. “Sungyeol doesn’t bother to clean this up, ever. It gets annoying.”

                “It’s much neater than my son’s. You should see Myungsoo’s – actually, well, no, he doesn’t even allow me to see his room…Now that I think about it, I haven’t seen it for years.”

                “But isn’t it your house?” Sunyoung questioned her new found friend as she took a seat in her son’s computer chair. As to why they were talking in Sungyeol’s room, nobody had an answer for that.

                “He locks it,” Jin Ri shrugged. “Made his own lock and everything. I don’t have the key, and my husband and I aren’t very particular in breaking down the door.”

                “Ah…”

                “UMMA!”

                The scream shocked both Sunyoung and Jin Ri, having them breathe a little bit.

                “I’m so sorry, that must be my son. He’s a screamer,” Sunyoung nodded. “Should we go check on them? Your son might’ve come to.”

                “Naw, they’ll be okay. Myungsoo makes friends really fast.”

                “…Really?” And no matter the discontent attempted to be hidden, it could still be heard in Sunyoung’s voice. “I’m worried about Sungyeol. He never talks about his friends, and the only ones that come over are Sunggyu and Sungjong. They’ve been friends with him since kindergarten – and it doesn’t help because Sunggyu’s a year older and Sungjong’s a year younger. I just…want him to have some friends he can connect with, in his grade level, you know?”

                Jin Ri thought about it for a minute, nodding. “I don’t know, Myungsoo’s always gone from the house. But he manages to maintain his good grades and spends time with his father and brother on the weekends, so it’s all okay.”

                “Do you…I mean…would you mind if you asked Myungsoo to hang around Sungyeol for a while?” Sunyoung asked, sacrificing her pride as she bit her lip. “I’m a bit scared for him. He always locks himself up in his room, and when he’s not, he’s always on his phone doing something.”

                Because, obviously, she had no idea that particular Myungsoo was the one that stashed himself up in the trees right in front of her house every school day.

                “Of course, of course,” Jin Ri said, waving it away. “From the pictures you’ve showed me, I think he’s an absolutely adorable child. I’d love for Myungsoo to befriend him.”

                Sunyoung smiled thankfully, then nodded. “We should go downstairs now; the boys might burn up the kitchen without us – Daeyeol keeps telling me about how he wants to make that hot chocolate.”

                As she stood up, though, the chair slid back and hit against the wall, which then in turn hit the Taeyeon poster tacked onto it.

                Turning around to see what happened, a big red folder dropped from behind the poster and fell onto the ground, its contents spilling everywhere.

                Jin Ri gasped, taking a step back, for she could recognize that face she’d given birth to anywhere.

 

*cue evil laughter*

teehee~<3 props to whoever knows who Jin Ri and Sunyoung are >:D I put Jinri as Myungsoo's mom 'cause she plays Myungsoo's mom in YC. I just added Sunyoung in because they're in the same group. :DD

you guise know those fbi shows, right, where they question the suspect and "hand them a cup of water" to drink from when in reality it's to get their spit. yeah. :D

indirect kisses ftw! 

I was considering changing my username to youslicemeichopyou but then I decided not to so everybody's safe from slicing and chopping.

goodbye~ see you guise ^^ (I love you so much okay like I LOVE YOU GUISE LIKE URGH. +50 subs, really, I'm like crying on the inside right now.)

[[c:10]]