Chapter 11

Crazy Love

 

longest chapter guise, standing at 4 pages :) also the last! AND YES. THERE IS MOONSOO<3 AND MOONDAE. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

“Myungsoo…”
                A few steps before walking upstairs, Myungsoo turned around and looked at his mom, who was sitting lazily on the couch and staring at a blank TV screen.

                “Yeah?”

                “C’mere,” Jin Ri said, sitting up straight and patting the empty seat beside her with her right hand, beckoning him to come with her left.

                Sighing, the teenager walked over to his mother and plopped down beside her. He slowly let his backpack drop from his shoulder, then gave Jin Ri a content smile. “Yes, Umma?”

                “I was going to ask both you and Sungyeol when he was going to come over for dinner…but…” she let out a frustrated sigh, sitting up front with her elbows on her knees, and ran her fingers through her hair.

                “What’s wrong?” Myungsoo felt the need to ask.

                “I…I just got back from another one of those parent-teacher conferences with Moonsoo,” Jin Ri muttered, rubbing the side of her face in aggravation. “He’s messing around in class again, he causing trouble, and have you seen his grades?” She flicked a folded piece of paper on the coffee table to her oldest son, groaning once again.

                Myungsoo opened the report card, staring with wide eyes. “How…how does he even get these grades? It’s like – impossible!”

                “Apparently it isn’t,” Jin Ri scoffed. “I know what you’re going to say, the same thing Moonsoo always says, elementary school grades don’t count; nobody’s going to look at elementary school grades for college; nobody cares about them. But still, I’m so fed up with these conferences, I’m so fed up with everybody looking at Moonsoo like he’s trouble!”

                The teenager bit the tip of his top lip, patting his mother’s shoulder. “It’s just a phase, don’t worry. Moonsoo will get over it. I know he will.”

                “Well, I’ve been waiting two years for him to ‘get over it’!” Jin Ri hissed, motioning to the report card. “I’ve moved him to about every single school there is, and right now he’s enrolled in the city’s best private school. What more do you want me to do?!”

                “All kids are like that, it’s just –“ Myungsoo stopped himself from talking, sticking his forefinger in midair.

                Because, no, not all kids are like that. There were some, for example, a certain hot chocolate lover that he knew of…

                “Umma, how old is Moonsoo?”

                Jin Ri looked at him as if he were crazy, then said, “How do you not know how old your little brother is –“

                “Just tell me, how old is he?”          

                “He’s eleven.”

                Eleven. Well, Daeyeol was nine, but that was close enough.

                “Hey umma, where’s Moonsoo right now?”

                The ‘I think my son’s going mental’ facial expression didn’t falter from Jin Ri’s face as she nodded up the stairs. “He locked himself in his room. Said something about me not caring enough about him.”

                “…Great, I’m gonna call Sungyeol right now. He’ll bring a guest over for dinner, okay?”

                Jin Ri’s mouth turned into a thin line, thinking for a minute. A guest. “…It’s not going to be, like, a dog trainer or anything right –“

                “What? No! Moonsoo isn’t a dog!”

                “Well, obviously not, but honestly, have you seen him, he’s –“

                “Umma, stop calling your son a dog.”

                Before Jin Ri could reply, Myungsoo’s brain somewhat clicked and he remembered the day he gave Daeyeol those coins, when Sungyeol left the elementary schooler outside the grocery store (oh, memory of those stalking days). He’d called Daeyeol a dog.

                And here they were, calling Moonsoo a dog.

                Daeyeol and Moonsoo were clearly a match made in heaven.

 

“Hmm?”

                “Daeyeol,” Myungsoo crackled over the phone. “Can you bring Daeyeol with you when you come over tonight?”

                Sungyeol let go of the phone, shrugging it onto his right shoulder. He glanced over at Daeyeol, who was currently doing his math homework in his older brother’s room on the ground (apparently he didn’t like being in his room by himself).

                “Hey Daeyeol, do you wanna come over to Myungsoo’s tonight?”

                Looking up from his worksheet, Daeyeol beamed and asked, “Ahjussi’s house?”

                “Yeah,” Sungyeol smiled back, throwing the foam ball next to him at his brother. “You wanna come?”

                “Uh huh!” the little boy nodded enthusiastically, catching the ball. “Is there going to be hot chocolate, though?”

                “Hot chocolate?” Sungyeol asked into the phone.

                “What’s a dinner with Daeyeol without some?” Myungsoo asked back, the little hint of smile in his voice.

                “Yep,” Sungyeol said to his little brother.

                “Then I’ll be there!”

                “He’ll come.”

                “’Kay. Good.” Myungsoo coughed a bit, then said, “I need to go now, homework calls. Love you.”

                “Love you too,” Sungyeol automatically replied before hanging up.

 

It was about three months after Myungsoo had started officially going out with Sungyeol before he let anybody into his room.

                The first person that saw was his mother, who literally fell to her knees and started pounding her fists against the wall (“Wait – no, umma, that’s the ‘Sungyeol’s eyes’ collection, don’t get your dirty hands on it –“) before standing back up and straightening her wrinkled dress with her hands, remembering that Sungyeol was just as bad.

                Because hey, stalkers attracted stalkers.

                The second was his father, who was actually a trained photographer and a cameraman for some entertainment company. He walked all around the room and complimented the right angles and shades that Myungsoo used to take the pictures, and he started giving him a few tips, too. (Just in case his son was ever interested in stalking Sungyeol again).

                The third, inevitably, was Moonsoo. It was on accident, really, and he just stared for a good three to ninety-eight minutes at the walls before slowly backing out.

                Because for a while he’d been proud that his older brother was the popular Kim Myungsoo. Now, he was just some stalker who was, well, still popular.

                The walls and walls of Lee Sungyeol weren’t taken down, however, they were rather replaced. Replaced with more Sungyeol and Myungsoo together, and some pictures that Sungyeol took of him because the older boy insisted.

                Then there was a picture that Myungsoo really liked, the one taped right next to his pillow on the right hand wall. It was with Sungyeol, and Daeyeol was balanced between their shoulders and hanging onto a tree.

                He hoped that one day, maybe just one day, that photo could be replaced with another one that had his own little brother in it.

 

“Moonsoo.” Another four knocks. “Moonsoo…”

                “What?” a grumbled reply came from inside the room.

                “Come out, okay?” Myungsoo called softly. “Dinner’s ready. And we’re expecting guests.”

                A snort. “You mean Sungyeol? He isn’t a guest. He comes over, like, every other day.”

                Myungsoo bit back the urge to knock down the door when he realized, yeah, Sungyeol did come about every other day. “Um, no. Somebody else to. Somebody I want you to meet.”

                “Well I don’t wanna meet anybody.”

                “You have to get out of there sometime.”

                “Well, obviously not right now.”

                “You have to eat sometime.”

                “I have food.”

                “…Eat something that won’t kill you someday, I mean.”

                “Ramen isn’t going to kill me.”

                “Raw ramen is.”

                There was a moment of silence, and Myungsoo was pretty sure he’d won. “So that’s a yes? I’m waiting –“

                He was interrupted by a few knocks coming from the door downstairs. Myungsoo didn’t even have to blink twice before his mother went running to the door and opening it, greeting her favorite person and her favorite person’s little brother (somehow, Jin Ri and Sungyeol had bonded over the fact that…well, no, they just bonded. Somehow. It still creeped Myungsoo out until this day).

                “Look, they’re here. If you don’t come out in a five seconds, I’m going to tell umma about the burned tablecloth –“

                “Okay, okay!” Moonsoo hissed. There was a little squeaking, the turn of a doorknob, and a nearly identical little Myungsoo popped out. “You happy now?”

                “Very.” Myungsoo smirked a bit before patting his younger brother’s head. “Good boy.”

                There was a little stench gazing before Moonsoo elbowed his brother’s arm and walked down the stairs – and after living with the eleven-year old for, well, eleven years, Myungsoo knew that that meant “whatever”.

                “ – and then my teacher gave me this!”

                Myungsoo slowing walked down the stairs, following his little brother’s footsteps, as he heard Daeyeol’s excited little voice. He couldn’t help but grin.

                “What’s up?” he asked when he reached the bottom stupid, walking over to stand beside Sungyeol, who was right next to the staircase.

                “Daeyeol’s showing your mom the golden eraser the teacher gave him for getting the best grade for the spelling test,” Sungyeol whispered to his boyfriend after laying a quick kiss on his cheek.

                “Ah…”

                “So, is that your infamous little brother? The one I’ve heard so much about?” Sungyeol asked, eyeing the boy trailing right behind Myungsoo.

                “Yep.” Stepping to the side, Myungsoo pulled at Moonsoo’s arm. “Sungyeol, meet Kim Moonsoo. The biggest troublemaker you’ll ever meet.”

                Sungyeol nodded, knowing that Moonsoo would refuse to shake his hand. “Hey.”

                “You look better in person,” Moonsoo blurted out before ducking behind his brother’s back again.

                “Better in…?” Sungyeol had a very confused look on his face before nodded, remembering the collage of him pasted all over Myungsoo’s walls. “Oh. Well. Thank you, I guess. Or is that an insult to Myungsoo’s picture taking skills. I don’t really know.”

                From the couch, Jin Ri stood up and clapped her hands. “Boys, come over here and include Daeyeol in your conversation, would you? I have to help my husband cook because Lord knows I shouldn’t have left him in there alone…”

                Before whispering something about damn man burns everything down, Jin Ri left and there was a very awkward Daeyeol sitting on the couch by himself.

                Sungyeol smiled, walking over and grabbing his little brother by the hand. “Moonsoo, this is Daeyeol. He’s my little brother.”

                “Hi,” Daeyeol meekly said, waving his hands shyly before tightening his old on Sungyeol’s hand.

                “Runt,” Moonsoo snorted, rolling his eyes and getting ready to walk back up the stairs.

                Before Myungsoo could grab his brother back and give him a good lecture on being polite, Daeyeol huffed and said, “Hey, I’m not a runt! I bet I could beat you in Yu-Gi-Oh!”

                That got Moonsoo to stop before closing his eyes in pure laughter. “You’re kidding me, aren’t you. Please tell me you’re joking.”

                “I’m not!” Daeyeol braved, standing on his tippy toes. “I didn’t bring my deck today, but I know that I can definitely beat you –“

                “Look, I don’t know where you’re from, but where I live, nobody’s stupid enough to play Yu-Gi-Oh, got that?”

                “Moonsoo!” Myungsoo hissed, turning around and glaring at his little brother.

                “What?” the boy shrugged, rolling his eyes. “I’m just telling him the truth. Maybe that’d get him a little more friends…not that anybody would really want to be friends with that skimp right there.”

                “S-Sungyeol,” Daeyeol whimpered, a distraught look overcoming his face before turning to his older brother, his facial features beginning to scrunch up.

                “Oh, no, no, don’t cry,” Sungyeol pleaded, bending down and wrapping his long arms around the little boy. “Moonsoo didn’t mean it. He really actually wants to play with you, doesn’t he?”

                “Doesn’t he?” Myungsoo repeated, his glare slowly getting stronger (however that was possible). His arms waved at Daeyeol, mouthing Look what you just did!

                “Okay, okay,” Moonsoo surrendered after a few minutes. He knew when his bullying (was this even bullying? It wasn’t to him. He was simply telling the truth, and everybody knows the truth hurts) would start to get out of hand. “Daehyun, whatever, I’ll play Yu-Gi-Oh with you.”

                “I-it’s Daeyeol,” the crying little boy stuttered before moving his face away from his older brother’s shoulder. Sungyeol slightly patted the wet spot before holding onto Daeyeol’s elbows. “And really? You’ll play with me?”

                The little smile that appeared on Daeyeol’s face seemed to melt Moonsoo’s heart, and his nose twitched a bit before he nodded. “…Sure, I guess. When you get your deck.”

                “Tomorrow!” Daeyeol cheered, not minding his puffy eyes and red nose. He sniffled a bit before turning back to Sungyeol, asking, “Can we come back tomorrow? With my deck?”

                “Can we?” Sungyeol questioned Myungsoo.

                “Yeah,” Myungsoo nodded, impulsively grabbing onto Moonsoo’s wrist, knowing that the younger boy was about to run off. “Right, Daeyeol, and Moonsoo doesn’t know how to play. How about you teach him?”    

                “Of course!” the youngest boy grinned, clapping his hands together. “It’d be fun!” He proceeded to wipe a runaway tear from his right eye, then smiled in Moonsoo’s direction. “None of the other kids like playing with me. But you will, right?”

                Moonsoo immediately regretted saying yes because this time it’d be in his house and he couldn’t ditch the kid like he would on a playground at school.

                There was a long period of silence before a downcasted look came over Daeyeol’s face. “That’s what I thought. I’m used to it, really.”

                With his hands, he rubbed both of his eyes and craned his neck towards Sungyeol. “Can I…can I have some hot chocolate now?”

                “No, wait,” Moonsoo sighed, skipping down the steps and past his older brother. “Come with me. I’ll get the hot chocolate for you.”

                The little glow in Daeyeol’s eyes seemed to grow back, and he nodded right away. There was this thing with the older boy that made him happy, then sad, then happy, all in a span of ten minutes. It wasn’t natural, it couldn’t be.

                “Okay!”

                Myungsoo waited for both of them to leave to the kitchen before putting his hands into his pockets and walking over to Sungyeol, who was still bending on the ground.

                “Thanks.”

                “For what?” the taller boy asked, standing up and brushing his hands off the sides of his jeans. “I should be thanking you. I haven’t found a same-age friend as Daeyeol for him for a while.”

                “They’re not the same age,” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows. “They’re two years apart.”

                “Doesn’t matter, friend is friend.” Sungyeol coughed a bit into his elbow, then stood next to Myungsoo. “My mom was started to get worried. That Daeyeol would end up like me.”

                “Like you?”

                “You know. No friends except for two that weren’t even in the same grade as me.”

                “He has one friend now. Who’s two years older than him.”

                “Friends are hard to find these days,” Sungyeol shrugged.

                “…But you know what, though?” Myungsoo asked, leaning closer to Sungyeol’s shoulder.

                “Yeah?”

                “Moonsoo’s being transferred. The private school isn’t doing much for him.”

                “Transferred? To where, exactly?” Sungyeol asked, quirking his lip before bending down a bit and leaning his head on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

                “Seoul Elementary School,” Myungsoo replied, bringing his right hand over and cradling the side of Sungyeol’s head. “And you know what? My mom asked me to pick him up everyday.”

                “Ohhhh, I see. The more excuses to stalk me?”

                “Hey, it’s not stalking if it’s mutual.”

                “…Definitely not. What was it again? The thing you said?”

                “Obsessive compulsive crazy love,” Myungsoo smiled.

 

omfg guise it's over. it's officially over. that's it. that's all there is to crazy love.

moondae sequel anyone?

I'm posting the next chapter in a few minutes; it's just going to be one of those nice ones where I talk about the story and all the usual happy stuffies ^^

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much for everything, I'm serious. you guise are amazing, and I love you to death. I'm seirous here okay. I love you all!<3

~Evie.<3

youslicemeichopyou

[[c:13]] <--- well. a little drop. but that's okay ^^ hurhur<3