I hate it here

Have you ever wondered?

*Kris’ POV

 

Eleven thirty a.m.

 

Luhan has been silent since yesterday. He didn’t come out for dinner or breakfast. I was getting sick of the silence. I went out and bought some fast food and went home immediately.

I sat down on the black leather couch with crossed arms. I stared at his room and chanted quietly to myself, “Come outside.” Repeatedly like some demonic, murdering doll. The clock was ticking and I could hear it as clearly as if it were right next to my ear. The silence was slowly driving me senseless.

 

“Luhan!” I called, rising to my feet. I tapped my foot waiting for a reply that didn’t come and walked into his room.

 

He knew it was me and didn’t bother to acknowledge me. He was wearing his headphones, the volume as loud as ever. He was busy reading a book.

He could at least ask what I wanted! Damn it! Speak!

 

I wanted to stomp my feet and scream and shout and break things just to have something to do.

 

“Hey! What’s wrong with you?!” I complained.

 

He must have turned down the volume or something because he actually heard me.

 

“Nothing.” He said nonchalantly, without looking at me.

“Yes, there is! Yeah, you like being alone and stuff but you’ve been too quiet, speak up! Tell me what’s wrong! I need noise!” I said playfully.

 

“Okay, first of all, I don’t love being alone. But right now, I’m bored and on the edge of going insane, so I’m just trying to keep myself entertained. And secondly, I said there’s nothing wrong, I’m fine. Now leave me alone.”

 

I turned to leave, muttering to myself, “Seriously. What is wrong with you?”

 

I think he knew I was talking to myself but he answered anyway.

 

“Alright, you wanna know?” he retorted, “I hate it here!”

 

“It’s better here than back home.” I told him, turning.

 

“Why? What’s so great about this place? We don’t know anybody here!”

 

“I mean it’s better to be here than to stay home and have you forced to do something you don’t want.”

 

“What’s the big deal? All my life, all our lives, we’ve been doing things we don’t want to do just because our parent’s make us. Why stop now?”

 

I remembered what he said yesterday morning. I don’t have parents.

 

“Because they wanted you to marry a girl you barely knew! I can’t let them do that to you, I know you don’t want to either.” I told him, angry at how small he looked at the situation.

 

“Yes, I didn’t but I never asked you to fix this.”

 

“You didn’t have to!”

 

“It would just be another thing I’d be force to do. I’d get over it. Accept it Kris, you over reacted. I didn’t want your help. I didn’t ask for it. So don’t go around controlling my life.” He muttered.

 

He was only trying to win this argument but that doesn’t change the fact that I’ve lost my temper.

 

“Why don’t you get your emotions straight? I can’t understand the way you think sometimes!” I yelled and stormed out. I went to my room and slammed the door so hard that, I swear, somewhere in this apartment there’s new crack to be found.