And it begins

Have you ever wondered?

Chapter I

*Hweji’s POV

 

I was dragging my feet as I walked up the street that led to the building I lived in : an apartment built on a small hill accommodated with unnecessary luxury, the streets beautifully maintained and manicured, and the streets that led up to it made of marble.

The wind carried the scent of the trees and flowers that grew alongside the road. I stopped walking. After all, what was the hurry? All I had waiting for me in my house was the same thing anyway. Boredom. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My life has collapsed itself into a dull cycle, I’ve lost interest. I wondered what I even continue to live for.

As I opened my eyes, I saw two people coming out from the lobby.

I didn’t really know anything about them except for their names, one was Kris and one was Luhan. Honestly, I wasn’t even sure if this pair was them but the building owner promised I would be able to tell in an instant. I had a feeling I knew why. They were gorgeous. I’ve never seen people so good looking before and although they were meters away from me, they still radiated that “unignorable” aura. I was half star struck; I couldn’t help but stare at the two.

I tried to bring myself back to Earth and resumed walking as natural as possible, knowing that at one point, we would definitely cross paths and I’d have a chance to analyze their features better, though I already kept in mind to not stare. As we came closer to each other I saw that they didn’t look quite alike. One was blonde and taller while the other had light brown hair. They did have similar qualities though, like their hypnotizing big yet chinky doll eyes, thin pink lips and pale white skin. At certain angles, their resemblance was uncanny but I'm not saying they'recrbon copies of each other nor am I saying we should cross out the possibility of them being twins.

They passed by me and one of them shot me a look that made me go cold inside.

He looked down at me as if I were some giant insect, his chocolate-colored eyes boring straight through my brain.

It annoyed me that he had the nerve to look down his nose like that at me. I tried not to assume he did that on purpose, for all I know he might be one of those people who naturally look mean. Oh, well. I thought. Having any kind of association with these two would just kill me. Well, they wouldn’t, but their fan girls definitely would. The other guy though, did the exact opposite and nodded his brows at me, smiling; showing his beautiful, straight, white teeth in the process. This guy... Definitely a lady killer! The other guy was probably a lady killer as well, but in that murderous, psychopathic kind of way.

To make things easier on me, I came up with temporary names for them. The shorter one (who may I just add isn’t in anyway suffering from lack of height) would be the “evil-glare giving guy”, while the other one would be the “kilowatt smile giving dude”. Not the cleverest of names I’ve come up with, but they’ll do.

I stepped into the lobby and saw our good family friend and owner of this fine apartment building, Amelia, was talking to one of the janitresses.

“Even from behind, those two are handsome. Why can’t my husband look like that?” the janitress said with googly eyes.

“Now, aren’t you glad you cleaned the glass entrance?” Amelia replied.

“uh-huh.” she answered without looking at her, still stuck in fantasy.

“I think you two are a little bit over their age preference.” I joked as I butted in in their little conversation.

“They’re gone. Back to work.” and the janitress left.

“We may be over thirty but we still get to enjoy the view.” Amelia responded, a-matter-a-factly.

I sat down on one of two expensive chairs Amelia had in front of her antique desk and dropped my bag on the floor, which made a loud thud despite its lightweight.

“So were they the new guys?” I asked, even though I was pretty sure they were.

“Sure are. I told you you'd know.”

“Actually, I knew because I've never seen them a day in my life.” I felt like talking with Amelia today. The last time we had an actual conversation was around a week ago. I wanted to ask about the two new tenants but I didn’t want Amelia to think I had a crush on one – or both – of them, so I just kept my yap shut about that topic. Instead, I asked her about her opinion about pickles. It was the first thing that popped up, but she didn’t seem to mind. We talked about that for a surprising twenty minutes before she changed the topic.

“So? How's school?' She asked with enthusiasm.

“Boring.” I puffed.

“Just like any other day, huh?” she laughed.

“You’re looking prettier than usual.” She added with a wink.

I totally didn’t expect that. I’ve always been bombarded with compliments from my friends but what they say just seems so off for me. They keep telling me I'm pretty, that one seems the most unlikely to be true, so I just shrug it off and let it pass through my other ear. Truth is: I never see myself as “pretty” or even anything slightly close to it. When I see my reflection, I can’t help but think the exact opposite of what people say. I look plain and ordinary, a little bit ugly more than often. It's not “just me” – I even have rock-solid evidence to prove I am – but I just can’t think of it, growing up knowing your ugly isn’t that nice to think of. I guess my friends just want to lessen the pain.

“Whatever, Amelia.” I muttered, smiling so I wouldn't sound like a jerk.

“You don’t believe—“ she was cut short when the door opened.

“Ah! You two, come over here.” The Amelia called.

They walked over without asking why, they didn’t need to since the answer was probably plastered on Amelia’s face, I swear this has bad news written all over it.

The new guys were walking towards us in what looked like a slow mo movie scene. I swore there was music playing in the background.

“Yes?” kilowatt smile giving dude asked, noticing how we were looking at them like idiots.

“Uh, this here is Do Hwe Ji,” Amelia said as she shoved me in front of them, “She's your front door neighbor.”

My eyes widened in shock. I didn’t know they lived in front of me. Why didn’t Amelia tell me this?

“Nice to meet you, neighbor.” he said with a friendly smile as he held out his hand for a handshake. I shook it with an awkward smile (I hate handshakes).

“Same here.”

“Oh. I'm Kris by the way.” he introduced. He then pointed his thumb over his shoulder. “That's my younger brother, Luhan.” Luhan looked as if he couldn't care less, but at least he said "hey".

It felt like their voices could pull you deeper into their hypnotizing beauty, not being too high pitched or too deep. Yup, their voices were just as gorgeous as their faces and in a weird way, I even found them seductive. wait, what exactly are these thoughts heading to Hweji, snap out of it!

“Uh... Nice talking Amelia. I think I’ll go up now.” I stood up and paced to the stairs, in a hurry to be separated from these fine looking people – with them I stick out like a very sore thumb.

“Hwe Ji-ah,” Kris called. I turned to look at him, “You forgot this.” he said, raising my bag. I started to walk back when he stopped me again, “We’re heading up too. We'll take it”.

Before I had the chance to decline his offer he handed my bag to his brother, who looked at it with distaste, if eyes could speak, they would be saying "you want me to carry THAT?" or something along those lines. I guess by we Kris meant Luhan.

I was about to say it only weighed like zero pounds and that their kindness was unnecessary but Luhan unwillingly grabbed it and was already walking past me.

He smelled like vanilla.

So this is how it's currently going: a guy who hates (this speculation is yet to be proven but I’m heading more on to the “yeah, he definitely hates my guts” side) me is carrying my almost empty school bag, and they're walking up three flights of stairs because they also happen to live right across the hall, and oh, did I mention they look like gods?

Contrary to what every other girl would think, I don’t really like this, every inch I walked with them made me feel uglier and by the time we got in front of our doors I felt like I looked like the Boogey man's Daughter after he'd mated with a Hyena.

Not only that but it was extremely awkward! So awkward that I could probably slice the air surrounding us and make sushi out of it.

“Well. Here we are.” I said.

"Here we are.” He repeated in agreement.

I unlocked my door and walked in, not even saying bye, I would now be known as their ugly and rude neighbor. Not a bad start I would say? Just great.

I was relieved though, to not be graced with their presence. Maybe because I'd lost that urge to stare. Trust me, I had to fight myself not to do so, I had my head down the whole time that they probably thought I was looking for something on the floor.

I was the only person at home at the moment. My Aunt Jimin was still somewhere in Europe because of some important business deal, so I've been alone for almost a month. Jimin-ssi, who I often called Oba-Chan, was the only family I had left (well, the only family I still actually had contact with). She was my father's older sister. So I became her responsibility when my parents died in a car accident when I was young, but she was more like a big sister or best friend to me than an aunt.

I grabbed a pint of ice cream from the fridge and went to my room, the place I spend most of my free time, lied in bed and put on my headphones to jam my ears with loud music.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Oh-kay dokay.
I made this story for my friend a few years back but now I want to share it with y'all :)

I'm sorry if there are mistakes like typos & what not.

This is my first stroy ever so i'm sorry if it's disappointing.

 

AND, is there anyone here who is willing to make a cover for me? i'd be hella grateful :D