Greed

722

“Can’t we go back to being comfortable with each other?” Yoona meekly asked.

“Would that be greedy of me?” she adds.

Jessica only looked on in contemplation. The stone had been turned, there was no going back. If she did, she’d only be facing each day with an aching heart.

*flashback*

“Waah, she’s lucky.” Yoona suddenly blurted out of nowhere.

 “Who?” Jessica asked.

“The girl you like.”

“You wanna know who the girl I like is?” Jessica found an opening.

“Oh, you’re gonna share it with me? What’s she like?” Yoona asked excitedly.

“The girl I like is” Jessica smiled in recollection “she’s funny and she’s got a lot of antics.”

“A funny girl” Yoona wondered aloud. “That’s just like me.” She uttered in amazement, still very much oblivious.

“Honestly, I had no reason to smile but she just makes everything lighter. She paints the world in colors I’ve never envisioned it in. She wipes away all the gray and pushes the dark clouds away.”

“However recently, instead of feeling happy, I just feel my heart crumbling every time I see her.” Jessica’s features softened as she pours out the contents of her heart.

The way the conversation was going and Jessica’s intent gaze gave Yoona the hints she needed.

“The girl I like is..” Jessica was about to confess when Yoona broke in.

“Oh, it’s getting late. I should head home. I’ll listen to you tomorrow Sica-ssi.”

The addition of the honorific made Jessica almost lose her conviction. Still, she ploughed through.

Yoona turned to leave only to be wrapped in Jessica’s arms.

“The girl I like is you, Yoona.” Yoona froze in her embrace. Gathering her senses, she pulled away and ran home.

*flashback end*

But if it was what Yoona asked, she’d willingly oblige.

“Can’t we just remain as close friends?”

“I still don’t regret confessing.” Jessica’s voice momentarily wavered; nonetheless, she plastered a smile on her face. “But if it makes you that uncomfortable, we’ll go back to being friends.” Her voice nearly cracked.

“Really?” Yoona’s eyes shone in joy.

“Certainly.” Jessica gripped her hand lightly. What she felt wasn’t important as of the moment. Yoona needed her as a friend and that’s what she’ll be.

----

A/N: This entire exchange is based on Chief Kang and Nam Da Jeong's relationship in Prime Minister and I. I really feel bad for Chief Kang. However the drama's storyline seems bland. Been watching dramas recently and Pinocchio is just great. You should watch it. I'm starting to be a Park Shin Hye fan.