Used (2nd part)

722

The temptation was too hard to resist. Yoona picked up her phone and dialled Jessica’s number. She wasn’t certain she’d pick up, but after two rings a person answered the phone.

“Hello?” It was a man’s voice.

Yoona got surprised. “Oh. Hi, may I talk to Jessica?”

“Wait a moment. I’ll get her.” Yoona’s brows met in confusion. Who might this guy be? Evidently, their arrangement didn’t allow her the privilege of asking Jessica that question.

“Hi. Who’s on the line?” Came a bright voice. Yoona’s lips instantly curled up.

“Jessica. It’s Yoona.”

“Oh, Hi Yoona.” The voice turned more perky- well, according to Yoona’s sense of hearing.

“I was wondering if we could meet later?”

“Oh. Wait, let me check my sched.”… “Sure. At your place?”

“No. Uh, at the coffee shop a block away.”

Jessica sounded uncertain. “Uh, okay. See you at six?”

“Yeah. Thanks.”

“Sure. Bye.”

Yoona breathed out in relief. Jessica might be thinking that she invited her for , but that was most certainly not her agenda.

----

Yoona sat reading the news from her phone when Jessica arrived. Yoona quickly raised her head up, too quickly that she almost heard it snap.

“Hey” Jessica greeted.

“Hey” They were both all smiles.

“So?”

“Uhm. What drink do you want?”

“Mind cutting to the chase?”

“Jessica. I.. well, I just wanted to talk. I need someone to talk to and I was hoping you’d oblige me.”

Jessica’s features softened and she sat down. She had an inkling that Yoona’s intentions were not the same as hers.

Once she settled on her seat a waiter came. “Ma’am, may I have your order?”

“Orange juice. That’s all.” He then scampered away.

Once he was out of sight, Yoona moved closer to the table.

“So, how was your day?”

“Less than satisfactory. My employees are such idiots that operations got delayed.”

“Oh. What happened?” Yoona’s face displayed such interest which made Jessica chuckle.

“Don’t tell me you actually made me come here to talk about work?”

“Uh, well. Jessica, I, I…” Yoona was a stuttering mess. “I just wanted to ask your opinion about some stuff.”

“I know there’s a heavy burden on your shoulders right now. Don’t worry I’m here to listen.”

They sat in comfortable silence as Yoona thought where to begin.

She already told Jessica about school, family and the mounting pressure she’d been feeling. The girl was a good listener and Yoona felt her burdens were halved just by telling Jessica.

They were done talking. The coffee was out. Yoona wanted so badly to hold Jessica’s hand but she didn’t know if that would be okay with her, so she kept it in and just smiled at her.

Jessica smiled back and from their smiles you knew that there was still a strong connection. It didn’t need to be forged since it’s been there all along.

----

Whatever happened to no ?  Yoona would’ve banged her head onto the pavement if Jessica wasn’t here.

Yoona was hovering over her as she watched her face intently. It contorted deeply as the tension rose, then slowly relaxed as relief washed over her.

Yoona exhaustedly dropped down onto the bed as Jessica struggled to even her breathing and steady her heartbeat. Who am I kidding? With Jessica, no strings is just not possible. Am I willing to put myself through another heartache? These thoughts invaded her mind as she kept running her hands through her hair out of frustration.

Yoona hadn’t thought she’d been out of it for quite some time. When she remembered Jessica was still with her, she sat on the head board only to find the woman all dressed up and ready to leave.

“Yoona”

“Oh, you’re leaving?”

“Yeah. I’m gonna be late for an appointment. I’ll return the favour next time.” Jessica said with a small wave and went out the room. Yoona scrambled for her clothes.

“Wait, I’ll drive you.” By the time she got out of the room Jessica was already at the door.

“Don’t worry. I’ll just take a cab.” Jessica said sternly preventing Yoona from offering her a ride.

Yoona instead went towards her kitchen and cooked dinner.

“What the heck am I getting into?”

----

 Jessica hailed a cab. She knew what was on Yoona’s mind. “Damn it. I’m starting to think this wasn’t a good idea.”

She knew they had history. That made it harder to separate emotions from physical pleasure. Did she really think it was possible for them to go through that without the emotional baggage? Jessica was slowly regretting her actions.

As she got out the cab, she inspected herself. She dusted off her clothes and with an effort, tried to straighten them. She then walked to the house and rang the doorbell.

“Hi Mrs. Jo”

“Oh, you can already call me “Omma” Jessica.”

“Omma.” Jessica said with aegyo. The old lady smiled in glee thinking her soon-to-be daughter-in-law couldn’t be any more adorable.

----

A/N: hopefully I'll get the last part out later. Try to work on a burger sequel later. Had to get this out before my laptop ran out of battery. not proofread, btw