Game 8

The Final Game

 

Before I begin, I want to point things out…

This color represents Wooyoung’s thoughts
This color represents Ji-eun’s thoughts
This color represents other’s thoughts
This color represents my comments keke :3

Let’s start!!

 


 

~*~ Game 8 ~*~

“Group?” Wooyoung’s eyes widened, and put his hands down. Facing her, he scrunched his eyebrows. “I thought you weren’t in any group.”

“I just joined one,” Ji-eun replied.

“Just… what group?” He began to raise his voice.

“The astronomy club,” she responded calmly.

“Astronomy?!” Where the hell is this coming from?

“Hara-ssi is in the club. They’re currently recruiting new members because of school festivals. I’m not really interested to be honest. I’m just trying it out.”

“Bwo? Well, why did you turn me down when I invited you to join the tennis club last year?”

“I was planning to take more part-time jobs and get more certificates. I didn’t have time. Besides, I wasn’t interested in tennis at all.”

“Ha- Hajiman!!” He began to get frustrated. You don’t have to be interested in tennis. You have to be interested in me!!

So annoying. She began to explain, “So, Hara-ssi was worried. I was just trying to help as much as I could. Besides-”

“You turned me down when I asked you!” Looking at her, he began to speak softly. “How could you say yes to anyone other than me, Ji-eun?”

“Bwo? What are you talking about?” She innocently looked back at him, but her eyes suddenly widened once she saw the sad look in his eyes. Through instinct, she reached out for his cheek. “Wooyoung?”

Grabbing her wrist softly, he stopped her hand from going any further. “Forget it. Whatever, you pabo!!” And with that, he ran away.

Tilting her head in confusion by his actions, she watched him run away. After a while, she heard her phone ring, so she answered it, “Yoboseyo?”

“Ah, Yooyoo?” Hara’s voice was heard at the other end of the line. “Did you tell Wooyoung-ah?”

“I was trying to tell him, but he stormed off for no reason.”

“Oh…” A sweat drop formed on Hara’s forehead.

 


 

Running as fast as he could, Wooyoung finally stopped at a table at the empty campus library to catch his breath. To Ji-eun, what am I exactly? Feeling upset, he slammed both hands on the table. Why did I say “pabo” like a kid? I’m a college student now. Ah~ I’m becoming a pabo. Taking a seat, he hunched his shoulders and buried his face in his arms, as he laughed weakly, “Ha ha ha ha ha.” I’m such a pabo! I’ve been hung up on that girl for ten years. What exactly do I see in her? Is it possible that I just desperately want to win for once? That must be it. My type has always been feminine, slim, cute and gentle girls. But why do I feel this way… for a girl like Ji-eun?

 


 

All the guys in the room were shocked, as all heads were turned to the door. Hara smiled brightly, introducing Ji-eun, “This is Ji-eun, our new classmate.”

“A girl!” Yoseob cried out.

“Her expression!” Kikwang pointed out.

“Girls should be like this.”

“The cutesy types are so lame now.”

“My name is Lee Ji-eun. Nice to meet you all,” Ji-eun introduced herself, bowing 90 degrees.

“She even bowed!!” Yoseob yelled.

“That’s exactly what modern Korean women lack these days!” Kikwang began to cry tears of joy.

“Hara! I’m surprised to see you have this kind of friend!”

“Shut up.” Smiling at them, Hara responded, “Sunbaes, why are you being so annoying?”

Shocked from how scary she was, Yosoeb and Kikwang ran to Junhyung for comfort.

Yang Yoseob, Junior in College

Lee Kikwang, Junior in College

Turning to face Ji-eun, Hara giggled, as she rubbed the back of her neck. “Neomu mianhe. They’re just fooling around as always. That’s why I call them beasts. I can’t count on them, so I’m practically in charge. I’m so glad you agreed to join us! It gets boring with all the boys.”

“Gwenchanayo,” Ji-eun responded calmly. “I’m not sure if I could be of any help.”

“He he, gomawo.”

“Alright! Let’s get to the welcome party!” Yoseob got all excited again.

Kikwang nudged Junhyung. “Hurry and make a reservation!”

Taking his phone out, Junhyung sighed, but managed to keep a smile. “Ne, ne.”

Yong Junhyung, Sophomore in College

Ji-eun jumped from the sudden change in the mood. Used to it all, Hara just sighed.


“Bwo? Wooyoung?” someone asked, surprised when Wooyoung walked into the restaurant.

“Jinjja?” A girl turned to face the entrance. “No way!!”

Wow. Walking towards the group, Wooyoung took a seat with them. “Mianhe. I’m late.”

“Wooyoung, you should come to parties more often. Don’t just show up at practices,” a guy chuckled.

“What would you like to drink?” the girl smiled brightly, as she showed Wooyoung the menu.

“What would you like to eat?” another girl asked.

Wooyoung smiled to himself, as he was enjoying the fact that they were being eagerly attentive towards him. It’s been so long since others prepared everything for me.

“Let me pour it for you,” the girl giggled, as she poured a glass of alcohol for him.

“Gomawo.” He smiled back. I’m definitely more used to this kind of life. I’m feeling tired after all I’ve been through. Might as well… The glisten in his eyes suddenly faded. ... forget about Ji-eun from now on. Hearing his phone ring, he turned to his friends before answering. “Ah! Mianhe, I have to take this.” Placing his phone against his ear, he answered, “Yoboseyo?”

“Wooyoung-ah, this is Hara,” Hara happily greeted.

“What’s this about?”

“We’re having a welcome party for Yooyoo near the station. You want to come?”

“Ah… Aniyo.” His voice started to sound dead from the mention of Ji-eun. “I’m at a party, too.”

“I see,” she said in disappointment. “What a pity.”

“Mianhe.”

“Gwenchana. It’s just… Sunbaes are pushing Yooyoo to drink.”

“Bwo?” His eyes widened.

She began to sound happy again. “She should be fine. She won’t get drunk, maja? But I understand. You’re not available. Kanda.”

Hanging up right after he could say anything, he was left speechless listening to the dial tone. “…”

“What’s wrong?” the girl asked.

Is Ji-eun good at drinking? I don’t remember if she drinks when she eats. She’s only 20… Ani. Doesn’t concern me. I don’t want to know anything about her!

“Wooyoung-ah, what’s on your mind?”

He stiffly smiled, as he began to form cold sweat. “…”


{ 15 Minutes Later }

Panting, Wooyoung slammed the door open. “Is Ji-eun here?!!” Immediately feeling embarrassed, he hung his head once he saw Ji-eun gulping down one glass of alcohol after another.

“Ji-eun-ssi, you drink like a fish!!” Yoseob yelled, as his face was flushed red trying to catch up with her.

Kikwang was already passed out on the table.

Trying to suppress her laughter, Hara covered . “Wooyoung-ah is so fast.”

After Ji-eun finished her alcohol, she looked at Wooyoung calmly. “Bwo? Wooyoung? Why are you here?”

“Ani… Nothing…” Feeling upset, Wooyoung said weakly, as he forced a smile. “I’m just leaving.” I should’ve known. She’s Ji-eun after all.

Suddenly, Ji-eun passed out, slamming her head on the table.

Yoseob’s eyes widened. “Whoa, Ji-eun-ssi?! Such an extreme person!!” Grabbing her by her shoulders, he let her sit up. “Umm… She’s out. Ottoke?”

Literally sweeping her off her feet, Wooyoung carried her bridal-style. “I should take her home.”

Confused, Yoseob looked at Wooyoung. “Huh… Wait. Why are you-”

“I’m her friend,” Wooyoung replied bluntly, cutting Yoseob off. “What’s wrong?”

Frozen, Yoseob forced a smile. “I see.” Once Wooyoung went out the door, he overheard Yoseob cry to Kikwang, “I was kind of looking forward to it.”

“Just give up…” Kikwang slurred his words.


“I’ve worked hard for ten years! Aish!” Wooyoung complained to himself, as he gave Ji-eun a piggy-back home.

Flashback~

“I’ll pay for Ji-eun’s share,” Wooyoung said to Hara, as he carried Ji-eun on his back. “And please apologize to the sunbaes for me.”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s her welcome party after all,” Hara responded with a smile. “Well… Wooyoung-ah… Let me tell you why she joined us.” Motioning for him to come closer, she said softly, “Yooyoo wants to be good enough for you, so she wanted to expand her social circle. That’s it. She did it for you.” She smiled brightly, giggling. “You became a role model for her.”

~End Flashback

Feeling Ji-eun snuggle on his back, Wooyoung chuckled to himself. “Aish~ She’s such a trouble.” I’ve been chasing her for ten years… “Forget it. I’ve already decided…” He smiled softly. “Wherever you go, I’ll follow you.”


{ Therefore }

“Bwo? Wooyoung, you joined us, too?” Ji-eun asked, as she saw Wooyoung in the astronomy clubroom.

“I didn’t join because of you!” Wooyoung suddenly yelled.

“No one said that.”

Chuckling to herself, Hara smiled slyly. I knew that Wooyoung-ah would join us if I could convince Yooyoo to come! It will attract more new members! Mostly girls…


Sweet~! This is too sweet!! My feels can’t handle how cute the two are :3 BTW, don't you feel as if the roles have switched sometimes? Like our Wooyoungie acts like the girl frustrated with the dense boy's (in this case, our Ji-eunie's) actions?? keke

Subscribe! Comment! Anticipate the next chapter!!