Game 14

The Final Game

Before I begin, I want to point things out…

This color represents Wooyoung’s thoughts
This color represents Ji-eun’s thoughts
This color represents other’s thoughts
This color represents my comments keke :3

Let’s start!!


~*~ Game 14 ~*~

Ji-eun’s phone alarm went off. Standing up, she looked at Hara before leaving. “Mianheyo, Hara-ssi, I have to go.”

Hara’s eyes widened. “Eh? Wae?”

“Today is the big bargain day at the supermarket limited to only the first 30 customers, and I can get an extra 5% discount with my points card,” with sparkly eyes, Ji-eun replied full of ambition.

I’ve never seen such an enthusiastic Yooyoo!! Hara giggled. “Ah~ Okay. Good luck!” She waved farewell.

“Gomawoyo,” Ji-eun said, as she left.

“Yooyoo has to deal with family things…” Hara said to Yoseob, as she slouched back at her seat.

“She’s working part-time jobs every day, isn’t she?” Yoseob asked, as he took another cookie.

“I think she’s doing tutoring and some casual labor?”

“And she has a scholarship… Daebak, she’s like a superwoman!” he said in awe.

She smiled. “Well, that’s who Yooyoo is.”

“…” Wooyoung glanced at the two


At night, Ji-eun wrapped dinner, and left a note for her umma that dinner would be in the fridge. She looked at the clock. Ok. Next is to write up the notes from class and prepare for the part time job tomorrow… Hours passed, and it was already 1:00 in the morning. Sitting at her desk, she began to make a list. … Seems they don’t like steamed sweet sticky rice cakes. I think they taste good. I can try siru tteok or maybe injeolmi could work too! Good idea!
Our poor Ji-eunie hasn’t learned her lesson…

She suddenly remembered the image of Wooyoung smiling, making her enthusiasm drop. “…” Pinching her cheeks, she thought to herself. … Time to practice smiling.


“Yooyoo, what are those?” Hara looked at the two lunchboxes Ji-eun was carrying.

“I wasn’t sure which one would be better, so I made both siru tteok and injeolmi.”

“…” A sweat drop formed on Hara’s forehead, as she continued to look at the lunchboxes. … Are you a halmeoni?

“What’s the schedule today?”

“I’m thinking about holding an observation session because of the nice weather, hajiman… Look at them over there…” Hara sighed, as she stared at Wooyoung. As usual, girls are giggling around him, as he faked a smile for them.

“I’ll go bring them here.” Ji-eun began to walk towards them.

Hara cheered. “Hwaiting, Yooyoo!”

Ah… Isn’t it enough? I’m getting tired of this… Wooyoung forced a chuckle for the girls. I’ve barely talked to Ji-eun recently. We haven’t had many of the same classes, and she’s been busy with her part-time jobs… Is she-

“Wooyoung, we’ll have an observation session on the roof today. Kaja.” Trying to be pleasant, Ji-eun forced a smile, but it didn’t look natural at all.

Catching Wooyoung off guard, his eyes widened. “Whoaa!” The girls froze from fear, while he burst out laughing. “Ah ha ha ha! Wha- What’s with that face? You’re smiling like a zombie!”

She pinched her cheeks. “I practice smiling every day.”

“You’re kidding me! That’s so funny!”

Her face turned back to being expressionless, as she continued to pinch her cheeks. “I really did practice until it was late at night…” She picked up her lunchboxes and her eyes widened, as Wooyoung continued to stare at her closely. “… What?”

“… Nothing. What did you say? The roof? And what’s in those lunchboxes?”

“…” The group of girls just watched the two, speechless.

“Siru tteok and injeolmi,” Ji-eun replied.

Wooyoung sighed, “… You just don’t learn… Why is it always rice cakes?” Turning to the group of girls, he smiled. “Alright. Everybody, let’s go to the roof.”
Just a friendly fact, but all the cakes that Ji-eun has made are traditional Korean rice cakes… Well besides the first one. The first one is Filipino :)

“Oppa,” one of the girls called. “She’s Ji-eun noona, maja? Are you two close?”

Wait! This isn’t good. If I say yes, Ji-eun will probably stay away from me…

Brightening up, Ji-eun happily responded, “Um… We’re friends.”

“She just a friend!” At that same moment, Wooyoung’s voice drowned Ji-eun’s voice out. Her eyes widened and she held her lunchboxes tighter, as he continued. “We went to the same high school and coincidentally entered the same college, but we’re just friends!”

“Eh… Jinjja?” the girl asked, as she walked beside Wooyoung.

“Sure. Let’s hurry up.”

Ji-eun stood there, seeing Wooyoung giving the girls a smile… that smile that she never gets…


“Eh? Where’s Yooyoo?” Helping Junhyung carry the telescope to the roof, Hara asked, as she looked behind her. “Hyunwoo-ah, call her over.”

“Bwo? Why me?” Although Hyunwoo was against it, he’s didn’t want to see Hara turn violent. I don’t want to have anything to do with her or Ji-eun… Dragging his feet, he went back inside the clubroom. “Ji-eun noona? Aren’t you going to the observation session?” Standing next to her, he looked at her face.

Her sad, soft expression made his eyes widen.


“Wow~ This is what the sky looks like from the roof!” a girl exclaimed to Wooyoung.

“It’s too dark to see clearly.” Another girl hugged his arm. “Wooyoung-oppa, I’m scared!”

… I should’ve noticed it. Ji-eun watched Wooyoung surrounded by the girls. I’ve been so close to Wooyoung that I forgot he had many friends, and I’m just one of them
Aigoo~ Seems like there’s a misunderstanding here *sweat drop*

Wooyoung jumped a little, feeling a stare. Why… do I suddenly feel really cold…?

… Why am I feeling tightness in my chest? Shocked, her eyes widened. I feel sort of nauseous

“Ji-eun!” Just as she was about to fall, Wooyoung hugged her from behind, catching her. Surprised, she turned around and looked up at him. He sighed. “… I knew it.”

“Wooyoung.”

“Shh.” Still holding onto her, he covered his mouth and got closer to her. He glanced at the other club members, and whispered, “It’s dark. Nobody will notice us. Come with me.”


“Look at you.” Bringing Ji-eun back inside, he let her sit on the stairs, giving her a juice box. “I knew you were going to collapse someday. Take care of yourself better, arasso?”

After taking a sip of her juice, she looked up at him and plainly said, “I’m healthy.”

“Oh really?” Testing her, he asked, “When have you been going to bed recently?”

“… About three? I get up at six.”

“Pabo! Don’t you know that’s not enough sleep?”

“… But I want to work harder.” She looked down, pouting a little. “I’m already behind you, so I just want to catch up as soon as I can.”

“…” Resting his chin on his hand, he looked at her, as his cheeks slowly began to heat up. Aish… Why does she always care too much about these things?!! What is it?! Isn’t it the proof that she likes me! Upset, he rested his head on the stair rail.

Shocked, Ji-eun looked at him perplexed. “?!”

Pulling himself together, he began to feel anxious, as he sat next to her. “Don’t push yourself too hard. You’re still at level one in communication skills.”

She looked away. “… Hajiman-”

“I won’t leave you behind.”

Her eyes widened. She looked up at him with puppy eyes. “… Okay.”

Turning red, he looked away. “I- If you want to take a rest, I wouldn’t mind lending you my shoulder! You might not need it though.”

“Gomawo.” Without a second to lose, she leaned against him. Feeling very sleepy, she instantly closed her eyes.

…?! His heart started beating like crazy. “… She’s totally unaware of her bad health.” Feeling defeated, he rested his chin on the palm of his hand. “Molla… You’re weird…” He began to blush. You fell asleep too fast! Pabo… Looking at her, he his thumb against her cheek. “… She really looks pale…”


The next day, Ji-eun felt refreshed, as she walked through the hallway. I feel great. I had a tightness in my chest yesterday, but that’s probably due to the lack of sleep. There’s no class for the fourth lesson. I should go to the clubroom. Opening the door, she could hear a voice. Hmm? It’s Hara-ssi.

“Eh? Hold on, Wooyoung-ah,” Hara called. “You want to quit the astronomy club?”

Ji-eun’s eyes widened, as her hand stayed at the handle. …?!


What’s our Wooyoungie’s intent?! To be continued… Aigoo, why does this game have to be a twisted, pure, love story?!

Subscribe! Comment! Anticipate the next chapter!!