Game 6

The Final Game

Before I begin, I want to point things out…

This color represents Wooyoung’s thoughts
This color represents Ji-eun’s thoughts
This color represents my comments keke :3

Let’s start!!


~*~ Game 6 ~*~

“Seriously, thank you so much for that!” Hara smiled brightly, as she ate beside Ji-eun at the cafeteria. “I just talked with him for a while. He’s really a nice person! A real gentleman!!” she squealed in delight.

… Gentle? A sweat drop formed on Ji-eun’s forehead. It’s the riddling comment again…

“It’s enviable that you could spend your childhood with such a guy.”

Ji-eun looked down at her food. Since that day, I never received those unintelligible texts from him anymore and he never asked me out for various, odd reasons.

Example of an unintelligible text:

“I got the tickets for the movie’s first premier. That’s sounds good, doesn’t it? Well don’t think that I have no one else to go with me!” Wooyoung texted Ji-eun one day.

…? So what? Ji-eun read it with a plain face, but decided to reply anyways. “That sounds great.”

End Example :)

Actually, we have different class times in our schedules. I should’ve had little chances to meet him on campus. The indescribable connection between Wooyoung and me, beginning from our primary school time, thus ended easily. What have I done…? The feeling is burning in my stomach. However… Ji-eun stopped eating, and froze up. Why do I have to keep thinking of Wooyoung?

“Yooyoo, you have a terrible look on your face.” Hara looked worried. “Gwenchana?”

That’s it. Wooyoung isn’t here with me, so what? I’m always alone, aren’t I? Instead of being bothered by those things, I should work and study harder, because I want to be strong enough to support umma.


After tutoring and grocery shopping, Ji-eun decided to head home. Umma’s supposed to come back earlier today. How about supper… She stopped before the crosswalk, as she pondered. We still have some pork in the fridge- Her eyes suddenly widened once she saw Hara and Wooyoung together across the street. The two were happily walking side-by-side.


Hajiman… Why am I feeling so upset?

“I’m full! The fried pork chop made by my Ji-eunie is amazing~!” Ji-eun’s umma stretched from how satisfied she was. “Ah! Umma will wash the dishes!” She picked up all the plates on the table.

“I’ll do it. You sit here.” Ji-eun stood up.

Her umma stuck out her tongue, as she quickly walked to the kitchen. “Ani, I’ll do it! Merong~”

“…” Taking out her textbooks, Ji-eun placed them on the table. … Then I’ll go studying.

“Ji-eunie,” her umma placed Ji-eun’s cup of tea on the table after she finished doing the dishes.

“Bwo?”

“You looked a bit down recently. Did something happen with Wooyoung-ah?”

Ji-eun stopped writing, and stared at her umma with a dark face. “… Why did you mention Wooyoung?”

“It’s umma’s intuition~” her umma giggled. “… Listen Ji-eunie.” She smiled gently. “I’m really happy that you’re always considering me before making any decisions. You’ve been really considerate since you were a child, and I’ve always been taken cared by you, but it’s alright now.”

“… Bwo?” Ji-eun’s eyes widened.

“Don’t think too much about me. I hope you can chase your own happiness.”

Why? Why do you tell me this now?


“Ji-eunie.” Her umma called after her bath. “Ji-eunie, the bathroom is available now.” Opening the door to the living room, she saw that it was dark, empty, and Ji-eun’s school materials still sat on the table. “… Ji-eunie?”


Outside, Ji-eun stood in the middle of the city. … Where am I? Aigoo, I can’t remember anything. Checking her pockets, she felt they were empty. And without a wallet and a cell phone… After sighing, she looked down at the ground. Think it over. I really have nothing. I’ve been always thinking about making a good life for umma since childhood. Wooyoung is my only friend since then. Even for him, the friendship was mostly built up by his approaching. When did I start to think this is a matter of course? She recalled the time when elementary school Wooyoung pointed at her, the time when middle school Wooyoung would greet her with a smirk, the time when high school Wooyoung would scold her for not getting a cell phone, and even the time when he held her hand; the hand that held hers very tightly when she didn’t know what to do, the hand that stopped her trembling one. Wooyoung has been helping me all the time. Her eyebrows scrunched up, as tears began to form. Ne. Actually, I always knew that. Wooyoung is that nice and obliging. I should be the one who knows it the most. Wiping her tears away before it falls, she looked to the front with determination in her eyes. She began running through the crowd as fast as she could. He never contacts me, so what? Am I okay that we’re over this way? Ani! I have to see him. Her cheeks turned bright pink, as tears started to form again. I want to see him!

“Ji-eun!” She instantly stopped running, and saw Wooyoung standing before her, out of breath. “What are you doing here?! Don’t make umma worry about you!”

She stood there with her eyes wide open. “Wooyoung? Why are you-”

“Umma called me and told me that you disappeared. Yah, you should take your cell phone with you. You’re always forgetting it!” Walking towards her, he took off his jacket and placed it over her shoulders. “The least you could do was bring a coat.”

Still stunned, she asked, “How about Hara-ssi?”

“Bwo?”

“You walked together at the bus station early evening.”

“Ah! She said she wanted to have an investigation on the development of the resorts for her assignment, so she wanted to visit the company of my family. Then, I became her guide.”

“… Aren’t you dating?”

“Bwo? Of course not, pabo! By the way, I misunderstood her and made a fool of myself just because you hadn’t told me that!!”

Wooyoung’s shameful memory~

With an uncaring face, Wooyoung walked up to Hara. “Mianhe, I don’t want to date anyone now.”

“Bwo?” A sweat drop formed on Hara’s forehead. “I have a boyfriend.”

“Bwo?!”

~End of Wooyoung’s shameful memory

… Well, it seemed that she definitely talked much about Wooyoung’s company with academic interest. “… So girlfriend?”

“Ani!” His blood began to boil. “Listen! I was seriously very angry, so I didn’t call you, but why didn’t you call me?!” he yelled, as his cheeks turned slightly pink. “Both text and call are ok.”

She looked up at his eyes. “… Do I have the right to do so?”

He raised an eyebrow. “Bwo?”

“When I saw you were together with Hara-ssi, I was a little bit shocked. I know that I have no right to be like this, but I don’t know why.” She looked down with pink cheeks. “I just felt very upset…”

His eyes widened. Looking away, his cheeks turned pink as well. “You… know that is…”

“It seems that I unconsciously regard Wooyoung…” Anticipating on what she has to say, his cheeks began to burn. “... as a very important friend.”

His face dropped, and so did his heart. “… Bwo?”

“I couldn’t feel happy to see my friend achieving happiness although that was a mistake. Do I still have the right of being Wooyoung’s friend? I do want to be.”

“Ani! It’s wrong isn’t it?!” His face turned bright pink, but out of frustration this time. “Are you a pabo?! This isn’t friendship…” Feeling as if his spirit just flew away, he hunched his shoulders and let out a dead laugh, “… Ha ahahaha.”

Shocked, she looked at him weird. “Huh? Bwo? Gwenchanayo?”

“Well…” Recovering from his shock, he straightened his posture. Probably my attitude is one of the reasons why Ji-eun became so insensitive. “Ji-eun.” He watched the city lights. She turned and looked at him with a staid facial expression. “… Let’s bid for the final game.”

“Why so suddenly?”

“The real last game.” He pointed at her heart. “If I can make you realize your real feelings, then I’ll be the winner.” Smiling, he asked, “What do you think?”

Tilting her head, she scrunched up her eyebrows. “… What do you mean?”

“If I win, it should be the moment when I place a ring on your left-hand ring finger, Ji-eun.” He smiled warmly.” Placing both hands behind his head, he began to walk, changing the subject along the way. “Baegopa (I’m hungry). Let’s go eat.”

Catching up, she walked alongside him. “I don’t get what you’ve said just now.”

“Well, well, you’ll figure it out sooner or later.”


Double update! I know, I know, I'm awesome keke just keeding xp Now the story is in present time! Keke All the long-lasting efforts made by our Wooyoungie will be noticed by our Ji-eunie!... Or not!! After ten years, where will this game go?! Who will win the game?!! BTW our Ji-eunie doesn't put her hair in twin braids anymore, because she only did it to go with her school uniform, but since there's no uniform in college... Well you get the idea keke

Subscribe! Comment! Anticipate the next chapter!!