Game 12

The Final Game

 

Before I begin, I want to point things out…

This color represents Wooyoung’s thoughts
This color represents Ji-eun’s thoughts
This color represents other’s thoughts
This color represents my comments keke :3

Let’s start!!

 


 

~*~ Game 12 ~*~

“I’m not a panda for exhibition.” Exhausted, Wooyoung took a seat and ed the first three buttons of his shirt. He exhaled, “… Hoo…”

“Being surrounded by screaming girls.” Hyunwoo asked, as he leaned against the wall, “Didn’t you enjoy it?”

“Bwo?” Looking at Hyunwoo, Wooyoung raised his eyebrow. “Don’t remind me.” But all this is for enjoying the school festival with Ji-eun… I have to tolerate this! Wooyoung gritted his teeth with determination.

Wooyoung’s imagination~

“Here you go,” Ji-eun says, as she placed her ice cream in front of Wooyoung's face. Blushing, he stuck his tongue out, accepting her ice cream.

~… That can’t be true though :p

“Wooyoung-ah, there you are.” A member of the tennis club waved his hand at Wooyoung. “I have a message from hyung to you.”

“Bwo?” Wooyoung lazily looked at him.

“You look tired! You two can have these drinks.” The club member handed Wooyoung and Hyunwoo a can.

“Gomawoyo.” Hyunwoo slightly bowed his head in thanks.

“Gomawo,” Wooyoung thanked.

“Daebak~ The astronomy club is really popular.” The guy chuckled, as he saw how long the line was. “They are lucky to have Wooyoung-ah.”

Taking a sip of his drink, Hyunwoo looked at the line as well. Why so many boys…? Wae?

Opening his drink, Wooyoung turned to the guy. “So what’s the message?”

“Oh yeah, that is…” The guy began to tell Wooyoung the message.

Hyunwoo’s eyes widened. “… Yah, Wooyoung-hyung, what’s that?” He pointed at ‘that.’ “Look, right there.” Now I know why there are so many boys.

“Bwo?” As he took another sip, Wooyoung turned to look where Hyunwoo was pointing. Surprised, Wooyoung spit his drink out.

The club member yelled, “Yah! What’re you doing?!”

Bwo?! Ji-eun?! What’s that? Why are you wearing those?! Is that really Ji-eun? I can barely tell it’s her! Wooyoung wiped his mouth, as his cheeks turned bright pink.

“Kyeopta!” The club member looked at Ji-eun, making his cheeks turn pink as well. “Was there such a lovely girl in the astronomy club?”

“…!” Snapped back into reality, Wooyoung gasped but quickly looked away. “… I don’t see anything special.”

“Huh… Maybe it’s common to you but… She’s really cute!” The guy couldn’t keep his eyes off of Ji-eun. “I should go to the café later!”

“Oh? You’re going to the café?” Wooyoung gave the guy a death glare, as he squished his can.

“Bwo? Um… Molla…”

Everybody would look different after they put on makeup. Well, she’s just a little bit cuter now… But I have to admit that’s really…

“Wooyoung-hyung?!” Hyunwoo’s eyes widened, as he saw Wooyoung run away.

I can’t leave her there any longer! Wooyoung quickly swung the door open.

“Yah, you just can’t run away!”

“Ji-eun! Come with me-” Wooyoung became frozen, as a bunch of girls squealed. “… outside…”

The girls from inside screamed, “Isn’t he the cutie we saw outside?!!!”

“Wooyoung-ah, this way! Hyung told us to get more customers!” The club member grabbed Wooyoung’s arms, dragging him. “I’ll be scolded without you.”

Wooyoung’s eyes widened. “Bwo?”

“Wait! We need more hands too!!” Hara yelled.

“Alright, then let’s take turns hourly!” the guy yelled in compromise.

“Deal!”

Wooyoung scrunched his eyebrows. “Bwo?!” As he was getting dragged away, his free hand reached out for Ji-eun. “J- Ji-eun…”

Hyunwoo walked up to her. “Ji-eun, you look great.”

Bwo?!!!


“The first day is over!!” Hara happily announced to her club members who were standing outside of the campus. “Thanks everybody! It was much more popular than I expected. I’m so excited! Come on! Let’s keep it up tomorrow! Ya~y!” Hara rose a clenched fist up in the air. Junhyung gave a small smile and rose a fist in the air too. Yoseob and Kikwang rose two fists in the air and cheered. Even Ji-eun rose a fist in the air, but with no expression.

Wooyoung put his arm around Hara’s shoulder, and forced a smile. “Hara-ssi, can I have a minute?”

A sweat drop formed on Hara’s forehead. “Oh gosh…” She forced a giggle, clasping both of her hands. “Mian, I wasn’t expecting to have so many customers! Tomorrow! I promise! I’ll give you enough time to stay with Yooyoo!”

He tightened his arm. “You know I won’t buy that anymore.”

“What are you doing to Hara-ssi?” Hitting Wooyoung’s head, Ji-eun made Hara escape. “ual harassment is bad.”

Rubbing his head, Wooyoung yelled, “Bwo?! I didn’t do anything wrong!”

“Hara-ssi, kaja.” Wrapping an arm around Hara, Ji-eun and Hara walked away.

“Yah… You’re going the wrong way. Where are you going?”

Hara quickly ran away, as Ji-eun turned to face him. “I have to get up early tomorrow morning, so I’ll stay overnight at Hara-ssi’s.”

Shocked, Wooyoung took a step back, as he was expecting to walk home with her.

Ji-eun walked with Hara. With Ji-eun's cheeks slightly pink, she confessed, “It’s the first time I’ve stayed at someone else’s house.”

“My house is quite small, so don’t expect much,” Hara giggled.

“Wooyoung-ah, isn’t your apartment nearby?” Yoseob turned his aegyo on, as he patted Wooyoung’s shoulder. “I’d love to stay overnight!”

“Kya~” Kikwang squealed. Junhyung smiled, as a sweat drop formed on his forehead.

“He lives in an apartment by himself…” Hyunwoo’s jaw dropped.

“…” Wooyoung just stood, frozen. … Wae? How did it come to this?!!


"Yooyoo, you were so popular today. You looked awesome!” Hara squealed, as the two girls were preparing cookies for tomorrow. “Let’s continue to work hard tomorrow!”

After a moment, Ji-eun nodded her head. “Ne.”

“Your reaction was odd. Well, sorry for keeping you busy for a whole day. I’ll find you some time for Wooyoung-ah tomorrow!”

Ji-eun tilted her head in confusion. “I joined the club to help, so I don’t really need to take a break.”

Sighing, Hara shook her head. “You should look around with him and have fun, and go in your pretty dress.” She placed a hand on Ji-eun’s shoulder. “Everybody said you were cute! I bet Wooyoung-ah was surprised too!”

Ji-eun’s eyes widened, but suddenly looked distant after. “… Was he?”

“Absolutely!” Looking at the bowl of dough, Hara her chin with her fingers. “Is it okay to stop stirring now?”


While the two girls were chatting the night away, the guys had a party at Wooyoung’s apartment.

“Wooyoung-ah, you have a great apartment!” Yoseob cheered.

“Ah ha ha ha!” Kikwang laughed from the balcony.

“This is unfair!!” Hyunwoo pouted.

Wooyoung just sat in fetal position the whole time.


Then…

Today…! Ne! I’ll definitely stay with Ji-eun!! Determined, Wooyoung headed to the astronomy clubroom the next day.

“Kyaa! They have cute waiters!” a girl squealed.

“Yay! There’s the lovely girl!” a guy cheered.

“…!!!” Wooyoung gasped from how big the crowd was outside of the clubroom

As expected the second day is…

“The spring festival is over. Please clean up the classrooms before you go home,” the voice was heard all over campus through the intercom. “Repeat: The spring festival is over. Please… It’s all over…”

With dead eyes, that was all Wooyoung could hear, as he slouched in his seat. Heh… What a miserable man am I… I’m still miles away from making her develop feelings for me. I could do nothing but look at her surrounded by other guys for two days…

“Yah! Wooyoung-ah is so down. I can’t take it anymore! Do something!” Yoseob scolded Hara. “You shouldn’t make promises so easily!”

Placing both hands on her cheeks, she panicked. “Erm… But things just got out of control…”

“He he he he.” Wooyoung chuckled to himself. “I know I’m the kind of man who’s fated to be dumped the day after I propose to a girl…”

“Yooyoo, please!” Hara pushed Ji-eun towards Wooyoung.

“I’m still cleaning.” Either way, Ji-eun walked over to gloomy Wooyoung. …? Putting a can of tea down, she stood next to him. “Wooyoung, gwenchana?”

After a moment of silence, he finally spoke. “… You seemed to be really popular.”

“Bwo?”

“Dressed like that.”

She looked down. “… Well-”

“But I think…” He cut her off. “I like the usual Ji-eun more…”

“… You do?”

“Ne! Listen! Don’t get too carried away!”

Wooyoung-ah, how could you?! Peeking from behind a pillar, Hara yelped a little. She’s so cute right now!

He slammed both his hands on the table. “They’re just obsessed with your appearance, but no matter how you’re dressed up, you’re still you!” Ji-eun’s eyes widened. Huffing from all that venting, he scrunched his eyebrows and looked away. How could I stand other men hovering around you?!

“… Ne…” With a small smile, her cheeks turned slightly pink. “Actually, I’m not very comfortable in this either.”

“I know.” But it’ll be great if you wear it only for me.

‘Ji-eun, how do you feel when you’re with Wooyoung-hyung?’ “… I…” A soft expression filled her face. “When I’m with Wooyoung, I feel relaxed.”

His eyes widened, as he turned to face her. “Bwo?”

With the smile still on her face, she looked at him. “… Hmm?”

His heart started beating quickly, as his cheeks turned slightly pink. “… Ji-eun.”

“What?” She looked up at him, as he walked closer.

He placed his hand on her shoulder. “Do you mean… by that…”

“Assa!! We’re finally done with cleaning!!” Yoseob cheered.

“Let’s have a party!!” Kikwang happily announced, while Hara was trying to pull both of the boys back.

“…” Defeated, Wooyoung hung his head low.

“… Mian?” Yoseob apologized once he realized the atmosphere. Hara did a face-palm.

Hiding behind the pillar, Kikwang asked, “… Did I interrupt you?”

“M- Mian, I’m really sorry! I just ruined your once in a lifetime chance!” Yoseob started freaking out.

Sighing, Wooyoung tried calming him down. “Forget about it… And don’t call it ‘once in a lifetime’!”


… Well, whatever. We made the café a big success!

All the club members gathered inside the clubroom. “Let’s play the augury!” Hara announced to everyone. “Coins stand for money, rings for love and pins for nothing!”

“Yeah,” Yoseob agreed.

Hara smiled brightly. “Wow, I got a coin!”

Ji-eun smiled a little, as she took a bite out of the cake.

“Oh no… I got a pin…” Yoseob pouted.

Ji-eun looks very happy, and… Something caught Wooyoung’s eye. He put his fork down. “… Ji-eun, give me your hand.”

Ji-eun looked at him. “Bwo?” Despite asking, she obediently stuck her hand out anyways.

He dropped a ring on the palm of her hand. “Take it.”

It’s augury, maja? She looked at the ring, then at him. “Wae? Is it ok to give it to me?”

“Just take it.” He smiled gently, making her eyes widen. “Because this is my reservation.”

Where will this game go?

“Ok, then I’ll give you mine.” She handed her pin towards him.

“Take mine too!” Yoseob said depressed.

“Here you are,” Hyunwoo snickered.

Wooyoung’s eyebrow twitched. “Ani… I don’t need yours!! Why the hell are there so many pins?!”


To be continued… Go Wooyoungie!!!

Subscribe! Comment! Anticipate the next chapter!!