Game 10

The Final Game

 

Before I begin, I want to point things out…

This color represents Wooyoung’s thoughts
This color represents Ji-eun’s thoughts
This color represents other’s thoughts
This color represents my comments keke :3

Let’s start!!


 

~*~ Game 10 ~*~

Bwo?! “Ji-eun, come here.” Wooyoung quickly grabbed her wrist and walked away.

Catching up to his pace, Ji-eun quickened her steps. “Bwo? What is it?”

“Just come with me.”

Hyunwoo slightly smiled, watching the two go away.

“What’s bothering you?” Ji-eun asked Wooyoung once they stopped walking. Wooyoung, you’re acting odd. “I called him by name because he asked me to. What are you mad at? That’s all you wanted to say? Kanda.”

Turning away, she began to leave, but was stopped once Wooyoung slammed the wall behind her. Leaning his forearm on the wall, he leaned in closer to her. “You… should be more careful.”

With wide eyes she asked, “Careful of what?”

“That guy, Hyunwoo, is obviously attempting to do something to you.”

“… You don’t know anything about him.” Her stare turned cold. “Stop talking like this. It’s not good.”

“His perfect behavior makes him even more suspicious to me!”

“You can’t judge people without any reason!”

“Why are you taking his side? Whatever, he is-”

Brushing his hand away, she cut him off. “You’re annoying.”

“Uh…” He began to have cold sweat.

She glared at him. “I’m not your doll. I don’t have to listen to you.”

His eyes widened, not being able to move due to shock.

“Ji-eun, here are the drinks.” Hyunwoo smiled, as he showed her the bag of drinks.

She walked towards him. “Gomawo.”

“Shall we go?” Hyunwoo took a glance at Wooyoung.

“Ne, kaja.” She began to walk away.

As Hyunwoo brushed past Wooyoung, he spoke softly, “10 years of friendship seems like no big deal.”

“He’s here!” Yoseob spotted Wooyoung standing alone in the hallway. “Wooyoung-ah, do you know where the screwdriver is…? Bwo?!” Yoseob jumped back in fear, as he felt a scary aura coming from Wooyoung.


 

“Um… Hyunwoo-ah said that… Mianhe…” Yoseob hesitantly said, as he and Wooyoung took a seat together at the dining commons.

“He’s right… I’m such a poor man!” Wooyoung chuckled to himself. “I’m the one that has been in an unrequited love for 10 years…!”

Yoseob shivered. He’s starting to go crazy!

… An unrequited love… Wooyoung’s face became sullen.

“But I don’t think Hyunwoo-ah likes Ji-eun ssi that much.”

After thinking about it, Wooyoung agreed. “… Yeah. I think you’re right.” It feels more like a hatred for me…

“Yah, Yoseob-ah! Wooyoung-ah! I finally found you!” Hara stomped towards the two boys. “You lazy guys, what’re you doing at the dining commons?”

Yoseob jumped from his seat. “There’s Hara.”

“How can you just disappear like that? I’ve been looking for you.” Out of breath, she still managed to nag.

“Mian,” Wooyoung apologized.

“Not only you two. Yooyoo and Hyunwoo-ah haven’t come back either after going for…”

“…!” Wooyoung’s eyes widened, as he couldn’t hear what Hara was saying anymore.


 

“Haha. Ji-eun, you’re really amazing. You just bashed that proud prince, Wooyoung-ssi.” In the astronomy classroom, Hyunwoo chuckled.

In the dimly lit room, Ji-eun tried to look for the book they were sent to find. With her eyes still glued to the bookshelf, she said softly, “Hmm, but I might have gone too far.”

“Did you? That Jang Wooyoung, seeing him played by an ordinary girl like you…” He got closer, twirling a finger around a strand of her hair. “It’s so funny.”

“… Aren’t you a friend of Wooyoung?” She turned to face him, letting the strand of hair slip through his fingers.

“You’re a real pabo,” he chuckled. “I hate him. Ji-eun, you’re thinking the same way, maja? He’s so arrogant.” With her back against the bookshelf, she plainly looked at him, as he crept closer. “He owns everything without paying any price. Just like a king, taking everything for granted. What will he look like… if I take you away from him…” Her eyes widened, as his lips got closer to hers with each passing second.


 

“Ji-eun!” Wooyoung urgently slammed the astronomy classroom door open.

Hara followed behind him. “Bwo?”

“Ow!” Hyunwoo yelped in pain. A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead, as he was shocked of what he was witnessing. “It hurts! Ow… Ow!!!”

Hyunwoo was on his knees, as Ji-eun placed him in an arm-lock. “Ne, Wooyoung is arrogant, but he never looks down upon other people. He gets what he has through his hard work. Never depreciate him like that.”

Hyunwoo’s eyes widened. “… Ow.” You’re breaking my arm!

I thought… Wooyoung’s eyes widened.
… for a completely different reason compared to Hyunwoo’s keke

Still not noticing Wooyoung and Hara at the door, Ji-eun continued, “In the past 10 years, we’ve been together long enough that I know him.”

I thought I was the only one who’d been getting to know her in the past 10 years.

“Yah, hold on! What’s going on here?!” Hara became frantic. “Who’s attacking who?”

Finally noticing them, Ji-eun looked at the door. “Hara-ssi. Wooyoung.”

Still held captive, Hyunwoo yelped. “Ow, ow.”

Remembering the quarrel she and Wooyoung had just a few minutes ago, Ji-eun’s eyes widened and let go of Hyunwoo. She began to fidget. “Umm… I’m-”

Walking up to Ji-eun, Wooyoung patted the top of her head. He spoke softly, as he looked down at her gently. “… Don’t make me worry.”

“…” Ji-eun shifted her eyes down, avoiding eye contact. “… Ne.”

“G- Gwenchana?” Hara tried helping Hyunwoo up from the ground who was rubbing his shoulder.

“Look what you did, you ugly woman!!” Hyunwoo began to yell. “You nearly broke my arm. You’ll pay for this!! I won’t forgive you!!”

“… Bwo…?” At that moment, Hara, Wooyoung and Ji-eun all figured out Hyunwoo’s true nature.

“… Haha,” Hyunwoo began chuckling to himself. “Hahahaha Ne! I’m rustic!!” Hyunwoo officially exploded. “I’ve been longing to leave that remote village and spent all my life studying and finally qualified for the college in Seoul. I learned to dress and behave properly to fit the metro life, and make college my debut stage. There were mountains everywhere! I’m so tired of stargazing at night! Ne! I’m from the mountains!” Wooyoung’s eyes widened from Hyunwoo’s sudden outburst, while a sweat drop formed on Ji-eun’s forehead. Hyunwoo continued, “Look at all you’ve got! Rich, smart, good looking, popular among girls?! What the hell did you do?!!”

Wooyoung in Hyunwoo’s eyes

Having spent one hour on his hair, Hyunwoo stood in shock as a girl fan-girled to Wooyoung. The girl squealed, making Wooyoung announced to the world, “I’m not an ordinary person!”

End of Hyunwoo’s ridiculous imagination

“I… I…” Hyunwoo began to tear up in frustration. He looked up at Wooyoung and began to yell, “I don’t care about anything, as long as I can beat you!!”

“What the hell are you talking about?!!” Wooyoung yelled back. “Why me?! I didn’t do anything!!”

“I think… I understand him…” Suddenly appearing at the door, Yoseob yelled in tears. “I know exactly how he feels!!”

Bluntly, Hyunwoo looked at Yoseob with a straight face, as he said, “Ani. Don’t lump me in with you.”

“Bwo?” Shocked by how cold Hyunwoo was compared to his usual self, Yoseob was caught off guard. “Hyunwoo-ah, did you hit your head on something?”

“…” Wooyoung sighed, as Ji-eun just watched everything unravel.


 

Escaping the chaos inside, Wooyoung and Ji-eun stood outside.

“… Mian. You were right, Wooyoung. I know how it feels to be judged by people who don’t even know me, so I was mad to hear you badmouth Hyunwoo like that.” Ji-eun bowed 90 degrees.

Now I know the reason. Wooyoung’s eyes widened from Ji-eun’s action. “Gwenchana.” His cheeks turned slightly pink. ‘In the past 10 years, we’ve been together.’ To me… hearing you say that is enough.

“… By the way…” Standing straight, she looked at him. “Wooyoung, is there anything you want from me? Anything.”

“…” He stared at her in shock, as her eyes were sparkling with determination. “… You shouldn’t say ‘anything’ so easily…” He covered his face with one hand, as his face turned bright pink. “Stop it, I can’t stand your eyes.”

“Hmm? But what should I do…?”

With his cheeks still pink, he looked away, as he shyly mumbled, “… oppa.”

“Bwo?” She tilted her head in confusion.

“Call me oppa.”

Her eyes widened. She walked closer to him, trying to see his face “… That’s all? You can ask for more.”

He turned away. “… That’s enough.” His cheeks started to burn, as he was ashamed to death. Since you call Hyunwoo with no honorifics, I feel like I’m seen the same way as him in her eyes.

“Alright.”

“Uh… Ok.” His heart began to thump, as he looked at her.

“…” She looked up at him. “Wooyoung-oppa?”

Slowly, his whole face turned bright pink. “… Ani. Forget about it…” My heart is jumping out of my chest. He looked away, as he covered his mouth with his hand.

“Eh? You sure?” she asked plainly.

We are moving forward for sure.

“Bleh! They’re annoying! I can’t listen anymore!” Hyunwoo stuck his tongue out in disgust, as he watched the two through the window from inside. “Is that how he chases after her? He’s just like a naïve child!”

“So this is your real face…” Yoseob said, as if he just realized that his whole life is a lie.

“Yah, Hyunwoo-ah,” Hara called, as her hands were pressed against the window, watching the two outside. “Indeed Wooyoung-ah is blessed with a lot, but he’s also a poor guy in a sense! Look, he’s so restless when she only called him oppa.”

"What's happening? Why is Hyunwoo-ah acting like that?!" Kikwang asked, confused. Junhyung just chuckled, as a sweat drop formed on his forehead.


 

The relationship between our Ji-eunie and Wooyoungie blooms, as Hara watches (full on stalker mode! Keke just kidding) &Mianhe Hyunwoo fans! His charm will show as the story progresses. I read further ahead, so I promise! I’m also a Hyunwoo fan, and I think the character Hyunwoo plays is very cute, so don't worry :3

Subscribe! Comment! Anticipate the next chapter!!