Game 13

The Final Game

Before I begin, I want to point things out…

This color represents Wooyoung’s thoughts
This color represents Ji-eun’s thoughts
This color represents other’s thoughts
This color represents my comments keke :3

Let’s start!!


~*~ Game 13 ~*~

“Aigoo~ You’re so cute!” Ji-eun’s umma squealed, as she looked at Ji-eun’s cell phone which had a picture of Hara and Ji-eun dressed up for the festival. Shutting her eyes tightly, Ji-eun’s umma regretfully whined, “I wish I could’ve gone to the school festival, but I had to work that day…”

“I don’t mind,” Ji-eun replied, as she wiped the table after eating dinner with her umma.

Looking at her daughter, Ji-eun’s umma smiled. “Did you have fun?”

Ji-eun responded with a soft smile. “Ne. Hara-ssi invited me to stay at her house, so then we had breakfast together.”

“Sounds fun.” Ji-eun’s umma cheerfully said, as she took a sip of her tea. Ah~ I’ve been dreaming of talking like this. A warm talk between mother and daughter!

This is how they normally talk~

“How was the school’s sports day?” Ji-eun’s umma would ask, excited.

Ji-eun would reply, “Not bad. By the way, what do you want for dinner?”

~ … Well until now

Ji-eun continued to talk about how much fun she had, “And after that, I got a ring from Wooyoung.”

Ji-eun’s umma spit her tea out, and began couging. “Eh? Bwo?... A ring?!” What are you doing Wooyoung-ah?! Isn’t that too hasty?!!

“Ne.” Ji-eun nodded. Umma... gwenchanayo?

“Ok, let me see it!” Ji-eun’s umma got the ring from her daughter and looked at it.

“It was put in the cake for the augury games.”

“Ah So… It’s not that kind of ring.” Relieved, Ji-eun’s umma laughed to herself. Nudging her daughter, she asked, “Why don’t you wear it?”

“I don’t like the feeling of wearing something on my fingers, and this ring is too big for me.”

“… Alright…” Ji-eun’s umma sighed, and smiled. “Then just keep it safe and take good care of it.”

“Ne.” Ji-eun walked over to her desk, and opened a small box and placed the ring in it. … It seems that this is the first time I got something from Wooyoung. She smiled to herself before going back to sit with her umma.

“By the way, you became quite busy after you entered the club. And you have to make up for the hours you missed at your part time job because of the festival, maja?”

“Ne. I’ll do my best, and the club usually isn’t that active. I think everything will return to normal after the school festival.”


The next day, Wooyoung entered the astronomy club room. His eyes widened, as he stood at the entrance. … Wha- What’s this…?

Hara stood in front of a huge crowd, and yelled, “Sorry for keeping you standing since we don’t have enough seats.”

“What’s wrong, Wooyoung?” Ji-eun just arrived.

Trying to squeeze in, Hyunwoo pushed Wooyoung aside. “Don’t stand at the door. Let me in.”

Finally snapping back to his senses, Wooyoung looked behind him. “Ji-eun, Hyunwoo…”

“KYAAAAAAA~ That’s Wooyoung-oppa and Hyunwoo-ah!!” The crowd of girls squealed.

“Hara-ssi, what’s going on?” Ji-eun asked.

Exhausted, Hara replied with hunched shoulders, “These are the freshman applicants…” Taking a deep breath in, she straightened her posture. “Alright, I’m going to introduce the club to you. Well, this is a carefree club. Normally, we have a meeting weekly, and hold a monthly observation session periodically.”

“Ah~ I don’t know much about stars…” A girl tried to use her aegyo, as she sat next to Wooyoung.

A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead, as he forced a smile and tried to speak in a kind tone, “Neither do I. so stop worrying, and listen to the introduction carefully.”

“The starry sky is so romantic!” a girl squealed, as she linked arms with Hyunwoo.

Smiling brightly, Hyunwoo agreed, “Yeah.”

“…” Irritated, Hara began to clench her fists. Sweeties, are you listening…?

Yoseob looked at Hara in fear. “Hara-ssi, please control yourself.”

“Excuse me.” Two boys approached Hara. “Where is the cute girl from the school festival?”

Shocked, Wooyoung pushed Ji-eun towards the two guys. “Yah, here she is.”

“Omo…” With a plain face, she stood in front of all the guys, making them all speechless.

One of the boys asked, “Will you wear that again…?”

“Aniyo, never again.”

And with that, the boys left with tears, feeling as if her cute image was just an illusion.

Just as I expected… Feeling happy, Wooyoung wiped his forehead.

Ji-eun turned to him. “… Did you just embarrass me right now?”


“Ok, I’ll tell you more about the equipment tomorrow,” Hara announced.

A group of girls that surrounded Wooyoung said in unison, “Ne~”


After the meeting, the original club members stayed, feeling exhausted.

“… I never thought there’d be so many people…” Hara said groggily. “Clearly, it’s the effect of the school festival.”

“And they’re obviously aiming for Wooyoung and Hyunwoo!” Yoseob said in frustration.

Kikwang laughed weakly to himself. “We’re invisible to them…”

“Anyway, it’s fine.” Junhyung still kept his eyes on a book he’s reading. “As long as they can get interested in astronomy, they’re our members.”

After a long sigh, Hara agreed. “… You’re right…”

“I should take this opportunity to communicate with a variety of people,” Ji-eun plainly said, as she raised two fist.

A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung's forehead, as he scoffed. “I doubt you can get along with them. That’s a big challenge.” He glanced at her hands. “… Ji-eun.” Clearing his throat, he looked away, as he stuttered. “The rin- ring…” Aah! I can’t ask! What if she already dumped it? I’m afraid to hear her answer! “Wha- What’s the meaning of ringworm?!” he suddenly asked.

Without a second to lose, she responded, “’Ringworm’ means a skin infection caused by a fungus. It can affect the skin on your body, scalp, groin area or feet. Why?”

“Nothing… Gomawo…” Covering his face, he began to waver. What’s ringworm?! I’m so stupid! You should think about improving our relationship before you make friends with strangers! Upset that he can’t say it out loud, he buried his face in his arms.

“…?” She tilted her head, confused by his sudden change in attitude.


“Listen. In order to not lose the girl applicants, we need to be nice to them!” Hara told the two guys.

“Okay,” Hyunwoo readily agreed, while a sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead.


“And this is the telescope for observing stars and nebulas,” Junhyung happily explained, as he presented it to the club. “It can be used independently, but it’ll be better if you use it with the equatorial telescope mount which is for following the rotation of the sky.” In his own world, he didn't notice the girls ignoring him while they look for Wooyoung and Hyunwoo.

Hara watched Junhyung, witnessing the sad reality. “… No one’s listening. Well, it’s a little bit boring, but still…”

“… I liked how it was when we didn’t have so many members…” Yoseob complained, as he munched on a cookie.

“But if that goes on, the club will be shut down. Those are our important members, important members…” Placing her fingers on her temple, Hara repeated to herself, as a reminder for keeping the girls. Catching her attention, she looked at Ji-eun. “Yooyoo, what’re you doing?”

Standing up to from her seat, Ji-eun began to walk towards the group of girls. “I’m going to talk to them.”

“… Ji-eun-ssi is so brave…” Yoseob watched her in amazement. “She just takes initiative towards those noisy girls…”

A sweat drop formed on Hara’s forehead, as she pointed. “It seems someone is enjoying this.”

Hyunwoo smiled brightly. Ha! This is a big surprise. I joined this club to beat Jang Wooyoung, but it turned out that there were only two girls: a dumb girl (Ji-eun) and a violent girl (Hara), and I was about to quit. Now this! This is exactly the Seoul campus life that I want!! I’m a lucky man to have come to Seoul!

“Hyunwoo-ah, you look fashionable!” A group of girls giggled around him.

Of course I am! I did a bunch of research on fashion magazines! Nobody will notice that I’m from the country. He chuckled. “Don’t flatter me-”

He was interrupted by Ji-eun placing a lunchbox on the table. The atmosphere chilled suddenly, with her infamous expressionless face. “Everybody, please have a taste.”

“Wha- What’s this?” Hyunwoo asked, staring at her lunchbox.

“Steamed sweet sticky rice cakes I made myself. I just want to be nice.”

He gasped, as his eyes widened. Steamed sweet sticky rice cakes…?!

“Eh? What’s that?” one girl asked. “I’ve never heard about it.”

Another girl looked at the food in disgust. “Eww! It looks all slimy! They look disgusting. Are these really edible?”

“Don’t… Don’t be so superficial! Steamed sweet sticky rice cakes are amazing!” Hyunwoo shouted at the girls in a dialect. Catching himself, he looked at the girls awkwardly. “Ah…”

One of the dumb girls looked at him weirdly. “Were you speaking in a different language?”

… Crap! Clenching his teeth, he glared at Ji-eun. This girl is too dangerous! My perfect disguise was almost destroyed by her! Ji-eun tilted her head in confusion, as she held her lunchbox filled with steamed sweet sticky rice cakes. I got to keep away from her… Standing up, he began to walk away. “… I’m going to take a look at the telescope.”

“Eh?” One girl watched him walk away. “I’ll go with you!”

“Me too!” And soon, all the girls followed him, leaving Ji-eun alone at the table.

Feeling anxious, Wooyoung watched Ji-eun eat the rice cakes by herself. Aish… She totally has no sense of making friends! Why the hell did you choose rice cakes?
It looks like our Wooyoungie is playing the umma role keke

She’s never made any snacks for me, and now she made them for complete strangers.

“Oppa, what are you looking at?” a girl asked him.

Quickly turning back to her, he smiled. “Nothing!” What the hell am I doing…?

“…” Ji-eun watched Wooyoung in silence, as she ate.

Taking out her phone, the girl asked, “Oppa, can I take a photo of you?”

… Wooyoung is really amazing. Ji-eun’s chopsticks stayed on her lips, as she continued to stare at him. He’s easygoing with everybody. How could I become a person like him? He’s smiling so happily, but he’s never looked so gentle when he’s with me… This is odd. Seeing him surrounded by strangers, I feel that Wooyoung looks like a different person.


With a -load of new members, everyone is encountered with new problems! How will everything be resolved??

Subscribe! Comment! Anticipate the next chapter!!