Chapter 8 Blind Dates

As Long As You Love Me

Chapter 8 Blind Dates

Heechul’s POV:

I wake up with a throbbing head. I really should have not drunk so much last night. I went to the bathroom and look on the mirror. There I was greeted by me with bloodshot eyes. And again I remembered how Jessica rejected my confession and also my feelings. I know I shouldn’t be feeling this but it’s hard to forget. I really should move on. I decided to prepare myself for the day and afterwards, I eat at my house.

It didn’t take long for me to finished eating and preparing myself to go to our office. I make sure nobody from the office will notice my bloodshot eyes so I decided to put glasses. I was about to go out from my house when my phone rings. It turns out it was Dad.

“Hi Dad! Why you call? I’m about to go to the office.” I asked Dad.

“What? Don’t want to! Why should I go to that blind date? I’d rather go to the office.” I replied after Dad just told me that he set me up on a blind date. It was his friend’s daughter. Her name was Han Chae Rin. Her name is familiar but I can’t remember when I have heard about her name. Maybe because her name is just common. My Dad kept babbling that it was already decided and I have no choice but to meet her. And he continued that I’m already at the age of getting married.

“Do I have a choice? Where?” I answered Dad so that he’ll stop from saying he’ll disown me if I’ll not go on that blind date. I know Dad can’t do it since I’m his only son but I just want him to stop from babbling things. And this date will make me forget what happened last night.

“Ok. I’ll go there.” I answered Dad and ended the call.

I locked my house and then ride on my car to go to the restaurant where I’ll meet the girl name Han Chae Rin.

It wasn’t a long ride since it was not that far from my place. I was welcomed by a waitress.

“Do you have a reservation, Sir?” The waitress asked me.

“Reservation by Mr. Kim, my Dad.” I answered. The waitress was familiar with Dad and me since we often eat here for dinner or for any celebration our family is celebrating. Maybe that is why Dad chooses this restaurant because the food here is good and delicious.

“Right this way.” The waitress said as she guides me.

Then we stop from a table where a lady was already sitting. Maybe she is Han Chae Rin, my date. I approach her and was about to greet her but was surprised to see her face.

At the school

Jessica’s POV:

I came at school still feeling guilty with my rejection to Heechul oppa.  I can’t concentrate with my classes. I can’t keep out of my head that he may be hurt with my rejection. But what can I do? I don’t like him the way as he does so I think I just did the right thing. But I hurt his feelings. This is really frustrating!

After class, I decided to meet Taeyeon. I message her to meet me at the school gate. Hoping she can help me with my problem.

“Hi Jessica!” Taeyeon said as she called me and get closer to me.

“Taeyeon-ah, look. I have a problem. I don’t know why I’m feeling guilty. I think I made the right decision but I hurt a person I’m very close to.” I blurted out making Taeyeon surprise.

“Ok. First, why don’t we first sit on that bench then tell me everything?” Taeyeon told me as I just nodded and followed her on sitting on the bench she pointed at.

“So you rejected him?” Taeyeon asked me after I told her everything. I just nodded to answer her question.

“I know you can’t help but to feel guilty since he’s an oppa you have known for so long. But I think Jessica you just did the right thing. Would he be more hurt if you accepted his feelings when you really don’t feel anything for him? You’ll lie to yourself and you’ll hurt his feelings if he learns that you just accepted his feelings because you pity him and don’t want to hurt him. Come on, Jessica. Don’t feel guilty. There are just many things in the world that we can’t help to hurt someone we care or someone who are close to us. It’s just normal. I know Heechul oppa will accept it sooner but I’m sure it’s not now. Stop being bothered.” Taeyeon advises to me.

“Easy for you to say.” I answered back.

“Look. I know even if I’m in your situation, I’ll surely feel that way too and will just say what you just said earlier but I’m trying to cheer you up and help you in your problem.” Taeyeon explained her side.

“Sorry, Taeyeon-ah. Instead of saying thank you, I even answered that way. Maybe I’m just too sad and troubled with what I had done.” I apologize to Taeyeon.

“No problem. I understand you. Why don’t we go home now or you want to go somewhere? I’ll accompany you. I don’t want my best friend to be sad.” Taeyeon answered back while I hug her feeling too happy to have a friend like her.

“Why are you hugging me? Come on. I’m waiting for your answer.” Taeyeon asked me.

“Nothing. I’m just happy and thankful to have a friend like you. Ok. I’m on the mood to go to the mall. Accompany me. Let’s go.” I answered back while Taeyeon just nodded as we go on our way to the mall.

End of Jessica’s POV

Back to Heechul’s blind date

Heechul’s POV:

Can’t believe this is happening! The person right here in front of me is Han Chae Rin. She was the first girl that made my heart beats faster. She was the first girl that taught me how to fall in love. She was the first girl to reject me because she doesn’t love me back.

Now I know why her name is familiar. How could I forget my first love? Am I still hurt by her rejection or I just choose to forget her?

“Hi Heechul oppa! Remember me? How have you been?” She asked me as I sit across of her.

“I’ve been fine. How about you?” I answered as I shake those thoughts off.

“I have learned from your Dad that you’re currently acting as one of the directors of your family’s company. How was working?” She asked me this time.

“It was hard at first but I’m starting to like it especially when I achieved one of the goals I set as the director of the company. How about you? What keeps you busy these days?” I asked her trying to not sound awkward and converse with her.

“I’ve been a painter just like back then. I’m trying to look for beautiful places every parts of the world. That is why I’m here in Korea to paint and in the future, I can have my first exhibition.” She answered.

Suddenly, a waitress came and took our orders. While eating, I really can’t help but to stare at her. She is still beautiful but becomes more beautiful from the last time I last saw her.

“Why oppa? Do I have dirt on my face?” She asked me as she holds a napkin on her hand.

“No. I just look at you because you look like you haven’t change. You’re still beautiful.” I answered shyly.

“You too oppa. You’re still handsome. Wait, do you have a girlfriend right now? A handsome man like you must have girlfriend right now, right?” She asked me.

“Actually, no. I have this girl I love but she doesn’t love me back and treat me like oppa and a friend. I don’t know why I don’t have luck with love. Why the girls I like can’t love me back?” I replied back.

“Sorry, oppa. I just don’t want to…” She answered but was interrupted by me.

“I know. Don’t be sorry. I know how you feel back then. Maybe I’m just wrong or a fool to love someone who I know doesn’t love me back.” I sadly replied.

“Oppa, you’re making me feel guilty by rejecting you.” She answered back.

“You are just like her. Why it is like the past is happening again? It looks like I still haven’t learned from the past.” I was really hurt remembering how she rejects me and how Jessica rejects me. I tried not to let my tears to flow down from my eyes and I’m thankful I was able. All of the past memories I had with her flashback as I talked with her.

Flashback:

Chae Rin was one of the dongsaengs I had back then during my college days. I met her through a common friend we had. At first, I just thought of her as a dongsaeng but as time goes by, I was captivated of her beauty and her beautiful heart. After going through the denial stage, I admit I had feelings for her. So that is the reason why I’m here at the park near where she lives waiting for her. I plan to confess to her right now so I decided to text her to come out and meet me here at the park. I prepared a bouquet of flowers that I’ll give to her as I confess to her. Hoping she’ll also feel the same. It takes me weeks to have the courage to do this.

“Oppa. Why you suddenly want to meet me?” She asked me as she saw me. Seeing her already made me nervous again. You can do this!

“Han Chae Rin, I like you. I don’t want to hide these feelings for you that I have.” I confessed to her.

“Here’s for you.” I said as I handed her the bouquet of flowers I bought for her.

“Oppa…” She started making me nervous on what will be her answer.

“Oppa, sorry. I don’t feel the same way for you. I just see you as an oppa and a friend. I think I don’t deserve your love. You deserve a girl who loves you back. Hope you understand me oppa.” She answered back breaking my heart into pieces.

That night, I cried my heart out after throwing the bouquet of flowers she didn’t receive as she left me after answering to my confession.

After a week, I have learned and she said her goodbye as she told us she’ll go to America to reach her dream of being a good painter.

Maybe her being away from me will be good for me. That way, I can easily move on and forget my feelings for her.

End of Flashback

“Oppa, I’m seeing a man right now. You should be happy like me right now. Do you want me to help you? Maybe I know her so I can help you to make her feel the same way for you.” She told me.

“You know her. It’s Lee Teuk’s sister. It’s Jessica.” I answered back.

“Lee Teuk oppa’s dongsaeng? Why? Did you already confess to her?” She asked while I just nodded as an answer.

“What was her answer?” She asked again.

“Just like your answer back then.” I answered back.

“Oppa, stop from bringing up the past. You’re making me feel guilty. Ok. I have a way to help you and I know this will be a success. Trust me, oppa.” She said as she shared what her plan was.

After our date, we parted our ways as her driver sends her off while I decided to go to Lee Teuk’s office. Really hoping her plan will be a success so that Jessica will love me back. I’m already tried from getting my heart broken. Being with someone I love is just what I wished. Why is it hard for me to have it? When will I find the girl for me?

Those thoughts crossed my mind as I ride the elevator. When the elevator stops on that floor, I exited the elevator and asked Leeteuk’s secretary.

“Hi! Is Leeteuk busy or is he there on his office?” I asked her secretary.

“No, Mr. Kim. He’s not busy and he is there on his office.” Her secretary answered.

“Thank you.” I said as I smiled at her.

I knocked on the door and I heard him said “Come in”.

I first peeked at his door before entering.

“What brings you here? I thought you’ll be working on your office today.” Leeteuk asked me.

“I was supposed to go to the office but Dad set me up on a blind date. And the blind date just ended earlier.” I answered back.

“Really? Who’s the girl?” He asked.

“Han Chae Rin.” I answered.

“Chae Rin? Your first love?” He asked.

“How come you know her after just hearing her name? You know before I went on the blind date, Dad already told her name but I just find her name familiar.” I asked.

“Maybe it’s because you decided to forget her so that you can forget the pain you felt after she rejected you.” Lee Teuk answered.

“Maybe you’re right. After seeing her, I remembered how she rejects me but it doesn’t hurt that much back then. Maybe I was just hurt again because another girl rejected me.” I sadly answered.

“Did my sister reject you? When did you confess?” Lee Teuk asked this time.

I told him everything and I can see on his face how his sad for me. I also told him everything how my blind date with Chae Rin goes especially the plan Chae Rin told me to make Jessica fall in love with me.

“Really hoping Jessica will also fall in love with you. I hate to see you my friend sad from being rejected. If Jessica still didn’t fall in love with you after doing that plan, then my sister maybe is not the right one for you.” Lee Teuk advises to me as I just nodded as an answer.

“It’s been a long day for you. Why don’t you go home and rests? I think you need it to shake those thoughts off and your broken heart.” Lee Teuk continued.

“Okay. See you again next time.” I said as I left his office to go home.

End of Heechul’s POV

The next morning

Lee Teuk’s POV:

Today is another ordinary morning. I prepared myself for the day to go to the office to work. Afterwards, I go downstairs to eat breakfast with my family. Today is another morning of talking and chatting to one another. This is one of the parts of my everyday life that I really enjoyed the most. Seeing how my family becomes closer after Jessica tells our parents about her feelings. Seeing how my two beautiful younger sisters close now and always have smiles on their faces as they shared what happened on their day.

My thoughts were interrupted when Mom suddenly said something.

“Lee Teuk honey, later you’ll be having a date with my friend’s daughter. Her name is Lee Eunji. You’ll meet at ___ Restaurant by 7 pm. don’t ever think of ditching your date. Mom will be really angry if you did.” Mom announced making me too surprise.

“Why Mom? Why you need to set me up on a blind date?” I asked Mom.

“It’s because Mom just want you to find the girl for you. It’s been years since you’ve been in a relationship. I just want to see your beautiful smiles when you’re in love. And since it seems like you’re not making any way to find a girl for you, I decided to set you up on a blind date.” Mom explained.

“But Mom…” I answered but was cut off by Mom.

“No more buts. Go there later.” Mom answered making me defeated.

After that breakfast with my family, I went to work. I really can’t concentrate on my work because I can’t stop thinking of my blind date later. I really wanted to ditch the girl but I can’t because I can’t do things like that to a girl. I decided to shake those thoughts off and keep myself busy with things from work.

I was too immersed with my work that I didn’t realized it was already half past 6pm. My secretary knocks on my door before bowing.

“Mr. Park, your Mom just called. She’s reminding you that you have to go now for your date later at 7pm.” My secretary informed me.

“Ok. Thanks for informing me. I’ll go now.” I said as she bowed before leaving my room. I gathered the things I’ll bring before leaving my office.

I went to the parking lot and ride on my car to go to the restaurant where I’ll supposed to meet the girl named Lee Eunji. The restaurant wasn’t that far so I was able to reach the restaurant by only half an hour.

I was welcomed by a waitress as I entered the restaurant.

“Do you have a reservation, Sir?” The waitress asked me.

“Reservation by Mrs. Park, my Mom.” I answered as I mentioned my Mom’s name.

“Right this way.” The waitress said as she guides me.

Then we stop from a table where a lady was already sitting. Maybe she is Lee Eunji, my date. I approach her and was about to greet her but was surprised to see her face.

End of Lee Teuk’s POV

Taeyeon’s POV:

I was at a mall holding the list of the things our family needs at home. I walk through various shops as I stop on the supermarket. I entered and bought the items on the list I carried. The line wasn’t that long and there are few who are in the supermarket so I didn’t take long.

As I exited the supermarket, I bump into a girl.

“Sorry, Miss.” I apologized. It wasn’t really my fault but it was really the entire fault of the girl since she wasn’t looking to where she’s going. I tried to avoid her but still because of her being too focus to the guy she was with, we bump into each other.

“Taeyeon?” The guy who was with the girl said. How come he knows me? I decided to look at him and I was surprised that it was Lee Teuk oppa.

“Hi Lee Teuk oppa!” I said as I recognized him.

“Oh, I forgot to introduce her to you Eunji. Meet Taeyeon, my girlfriend.” Lee Teuk oppa said as he wraps his arm around my waist.

“She’s your girlfriend you’re talking about?” I heard the girl named Eunji said.

Wait, did Lee Teuk oppa just introduce me as his girlfriend? I was too preoccupied with him getting closer to me and wrapping his arm around my waist that I wasn’t able to heard how he introduce me.

I look at Lee Teuk oppa with widened eyes as if asking him “What are you saying?”

“Sorry, honey that I wasn’t able to go with you on the supermarket. Mom set me up on a blind date and I have no choice but to go. I should have introduced you to my parents so that they’ll know I’m already in a relationship. I promise next time.” Lee Teuk oppa said with a pout. Is he acting now as a boyfriend who doesn’t want to upset his girlfriend because of not being able to go with his girlfriend?

He suddenly gets closer to me making me surprised. It turns out he’s whispering something.

“Taeyeon-ah, please help me. Please act as my girlfriend.” He told me as he pecks my cheek.

“No, oppa. It’s fine. I understand you.” I replied as I recovered on his kiss he just planted on my cheek. I smiled after I said it acting as an understanding girlfriend.

“Hi, Eunji! Nice meeting you!” I said as I greeted her.

“Oppa, I must be disturbing your time with your girlfriend. I’ll go now.” Eunji said to Lee Teuk oppa as she glared at me afterwards.

“Really sorry Eunji. But if you want, come with us and I’ll drive you home also.” Lee Teuk oppa suggested.

“No, it’s okay oppa. I’ll go now.” Eunji coldly replied. She even glared at me before she made her way to go to her car on the parking lot.

Lee Teuk oppa then sigh. He noticed that his arm still wraps on my waist so he removed it.

“Go spill it oppa. What just happen now? Why drag me again to this?” I said as I looked at him.

“Ok. I’ll tell you everything. Thank you and I’m very sorry for using you again to act as my girlfriend. I can’t just think of a way to end the blind date with her.” Lee Teuk oppa answered.

“Why? You don’t like her?” I curiously asked.

“Ok. I tell you everything now.” Lee Teuk oppa answered as he began.

Flashback:

Lee Teuk’s POV:

Now I know why her name is familiar! Why must it be her? There are many girls that Mom can set me up but why her? Now I know why I can’t remember her because I choose to forget her! Who wouldn’t be? I know whoever who will be in my place will do the same.

My thoughts were interrupted when she suddenly started talking.

“Oppa, I missed you! You know I got lonely when you graduated because you’re away from me. I missed our college days but I’m happy for you that you are successful now! I’m still you’re number one fan!” Eunji told me.

Yes, she’s one of my fans during my college days! I was happy knowing I have fans because it’s a nice and happy feeling to serve as an inspiration or to be admired by others but Eunji is an exception.

Wanted to know why? Eunji is like a stalker rather than a fan. I was like a celebrity to her that she wanted to know everything about me. She always follows me around like how paparazzi stalk a celebrity. It’s really surprising or scary sometimes on how she knew my schedule. I should have suspected that she’ll be my date because last time Mom set me up on a blind date, she was my date.

She again knew about this blind date that my Mom prepared. I remembered how she told me that she bribed the person in charge with the blind date Mom set up to just to be my date. I’ll no longer be surprise if she did it again.

“Oppa, how have you been? Me, oppa, I’m already an heiress to our family’s business and working for our company just like you. See oppa we are the same and then we meet again. Isn’t fate making us realized that we are for each other?” She told me while I was thinking the opposite. It’s not fate making us meet again; it was her.

“What do you want to eat? I’m already hungry.” I decided to interrupt her.

“Anything is fine with me, oppa.” She replied with a smile. I just smiled back as I called for a waitress to get our orders.

A waitress come closer to us and gets our orders. She continued talking as the waitress left to prepare our orders.

“Oppa, I’m wondering why a handsome man like you don’t have a girlfriend but still I’m happy you don’t have which means I have a chance with you and that there is a chance for us.” She said with a bright smile on her face.

“Actually, I’ve been busy with work that’s why I wasn’t able to have a girlfriend back then but I already had a girlfriend. I wasn’t able to introduce her to my Mom so that’s why she sets me up on a blind date. Sorry, Eunji.” I lied to her so that she’ll stop hoping there is a chance for us.

“Really? Who’s your girlfriend? When did you meet her? How many months are you already together?” She started bombarding me with questions.

I was thankful that the waitress came with our orders. She was really already looking sad after I confessed me having a girlfriend. I don’t want to hurt her so I decided to lie so that she’ll no longer hope for us being together when I know to myself I don’t have feelings for her. It is better that I already stop her hoping rather than make her hope when in the end, she’ll get hurt. I don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings and making someone to hope for something that is not possible in the first place.

We started eating and it was a silent dinner between us. I guess I really hurt her feelings because she’s really talkative not like someone who is quiet as how she is now.

When we finished eating, I decided to break the silence atmosphere between us.

“Are you okay? You’ve been quiet since we started eating.” I worriedly asked her.

“No oppa. I’m okay. Why don’t you tell me about your girlfriend?” She asked me.

“I met her through a friend. We’ve just been together for a month. How about you? You don’t have a boyfriend? How could boys not like a girl someone beautiful like you?” I asked diverting the topic about my fake girlfriend.

“Actually, oppa, I have suitors but I just can’t like or entertain them when I have someone that I love. Unfortunately, he doesn’t feel the same for me.” She sadly answered.

I can’t help but to feel sad hearing her reply.

“Oppa, I remember I have to do something. Why don’t we go now?” She told me as I called for the waitress to pay for our orders.

After paying our orders, we exited the restaurant and now in the mall.

“Why don’t we first walk through the shops in the mall? Maybe the thing you need to do can wait.” I suggested trying to cheer her up.

“No, oppa. I really need to go now.” She answered.

“Ok. I’ll drive you home.” I said as she just nodded.

As we walk, I can feel her staring at me and I just let her and pretend I didn’t know. I thought it was a good idea but she bumps into another girl.

I looked at the girl and realized she was Taeyeon. A sudden idea pops in my head. An idea that’ll make Eunji hurt again and another lie.

End of Lee Teuk’s POV

End of Flashback

“Yah, oppa! How could you hurt her feelings?” I said as I hit his arm.

“Yah! That hurts!” He replied feeling hurt of what I had done.

“I don’t want her to be hurt more and to give her false hope so I decided to lie.” Lee Teuk oppa replied.

“But what if she suddenly knows about your lie? Or what if she knew that you didn’t introduce me to your parents? Or how will the two of us pretend if she’s around? Oppa, you really create another trouble! If it wasn’t you asked that favour and I just don’t want you to get embarrassed or be caught in your lie earlier, I would had not done that.” I asked him feeling troubled because I was included in his lie.

“I’m really sorry, Taeyeon. Please help me. I’m really just scared when she’s around knowing how she always follows whatever I do. I’ll do anything or give you whatever you want just help me with this if there will be time I need your help.” He pleaded to me.

“Ok. As if I have a choice oppa. So for now, an ice cream will do. I get tired from my acting earlier so an ice cream can make my tiredness to go away.” I jokingly said.

“You’re really weird Taeyeon. Come on. Let’s go.” He replied while we go on our way to the ice cream shop as a payment for my acting earlier :)

I know I put myself in trouble but I don’t mind helping someone who is special to my best friend Jessica and someone who is a nice man like him.

End of Taeyeon’s POV

Author's Note:

This is the 8th Chapter.

Sorry that I just updated this story just today because I can’t update because I’m still experiencing writer’s block. And also, I just started my job this 22nd of the last October so I’ve been busy with my job. Not only that, I have 2 on-going fics aside from this so I hope you understand if ever I update late.

Hope you enjoyed reading and like this chapter even though I felt that it is also not good just like the other Chapters that I updated.

Thank you also to those subscribers who continue reading this fic and hoping you read this chapter and can give your comments on what you think of this chapter :)

Will try to create the next Chapter but still don’t know when I will update it because I don’t have any ideas on what will be the next Chapter will be all about and also because I have 2 on-going fics aside from this but hope you look forward to my next update!