Chapter 3 Good or Bad Day?

As Long As You Love Me

Chapter 3 Good or Bad Day?

Months have passed. Tomorrow is one of the memorable or anticipated days especially for the high school parents since their children will perform a song for their school program & the high school parents or families are invited.

But for Ji Young, she really felt nervous even though she practiced many times. The Kim family except for In Sung, or the father of the Kim siblings, are seated on their couch on the living room having a chat to each other.

“Unnie, what if I suddenly make a mistake? Many will see it & many will never forget me or will remember me as someone who did mistake on stage.” Ji Young said.

“Its okay, Ji Young. Everyone makes mistakes but just don’t be nervous & just have fun on stage & I know for sure it will not lead you to making mistakes on the stage.” Taeyeon tried to comfort her youngest sister.

“As if unnie you can also perform on stage with those many people watching you.” Ji Young replied back.

“Ya, I once did it & those words that I said earlier are really helpful because I was able to perform on stage without making mistakes. That time you are still young so I don’t know if you can still remember it.” Taeyeon replied back to Ji Young.

“Ji Young, Taeyeon unnie is right. I remembered it & saw that Taeyeon unnie was really nervous at first but as her performance goes, I can see it in unnie that she’s enjoying the performance.” Ji Eun agreed & said.

“Why is our Ji Young nervous? Just look at Mom & you’ll never get nervous because I will show you how proud I am of you.” Hye Kyo, the mother of the siblings, said to Ji Young.

“Thank you Mom!” Ji Young said as she hugs her mother.

“Aigoo! Our Ji Young is really a mother’s girl!” Taeyeon teasingly said.

“You’re just jealous unnie because Mom loves me so much.” Ji Young replied back.

“Aigoo! Stop that. Mom loves you all and my love for the three of you is the same so don’t think Ji Young that Mom loves you more than your 2 sisters. You’re all my daughters & I don’t show favoritism to the three of you. Am I showing favoritism to the three of you?” Hye Kyo worriedly asked.

“No, Mom. You’re not showing any favoritism because I am sure that the love you give to one of us is the same with the two of us. It’s just our Ji Young is acting childish again.” Ji Eun teasingly replied.

“Unnie!” Ji Young scream as she pulled out from the hug.

“Why is our Ji Young screaming?” The sudden voice of In Sung makes the Kim siblings & Hye Kyo to look out to the figure coming closer to them.

“Daddy!” The Kim siblings said as each of them hug their Dad & showers him with their kisses on his cheek.

When the Kim siblings finished greeting their Dad, Hye Kyo comes closer to greet her husband with a hug & a kiss on his lips. After that, In Sung sits beside her wife while the Kim siblings returned to their seats.

“Honey, so how’s your work?” Hye Kyo asked.

“It was okay even though it was tiring. And especially I missed my wife & my daughters.” In Sung said.

“Daddy, we've just been away from each other for hours & you already missed us. It’s not like we’ve been away from each other for days, months or years.” Taeyeon replied.

“Why? Can’t I miss my family that not always fails to make me smile & makes me to forget my tiredness?” In Sung sweetly said.

“Daddy is right. He can’t be away from his beautiful daughters & beautiful wife.” Ji Young jokingly said that made them all giggle.

“Have you already eaten? We already ate since you told us to eat already & not wait for you.” Hye Kyo asked her husband.

“Yes. I already ate on a restaurant after I left the office & before going here.” In Sung replied.

“Why don’t we all sleep now because we have to watch the performance of our Ji Young?” Hye Kyo said.

They all nodded as they all go on their own rooms.

When morning comes, everyone except for Ji Young was already awake. Ji Young wasn’t able to have a good night sleep because she was really nervous for her performance. Her sleep was interrupted when something was her face. She opens her eyes to be greeted by a sweet creature in front of her.

Ji Young’s POV:

“Do you like my gift, maknae? This is a gift for your performance because even though you don’t win today, I’m proud of you & you’re the winner. Winners deserved to be given gifts because they did well, right?” I heard my Dad’s voice that makes me interrupted by my thoughts.

I only nodded as I picked up the puppy & started to pet the dog. I was really happy because I really wanted to have a pet dog especially a Shih Tzu breed. 

(A/N: This is the Shih Tzu breed that In Sung gives to Ji Young. So cute :)

“What should I name you?” I said as I thought of a name for my pet dog.

A smile was seen by my father on my face when I suddenly thought of a name for my dog.

“Since you’re a very cute dog, I will name you kyeopta.” I said as if talking to the puppy.

My dad just smiled at me before saying “Prepare yourself now. We’ll just wait for you downstairs.”

I just nodded before I went to the bathroom to prepare myself. When I finished preparing myself, I immediately went downstairs with kyeopta to sit with my family in the dining room.

“Looks like our maknae is happy right now.” Ji Eun unnie teasingly said to me.

“And looks like our maknae will be able to perform well on her performance later.” This time, its Taeyeon unnie who teasingly told me that.

“Don’t remind me of that again. Now, I’m starting to get nervous again.” I said with a pout.

“Why don’t we eat first?” My mom interrupted our conversation about the performance. Mom really knows me that I get nervous with our talk about the performance so she decided to interrupt the conversation saying we should start eating & the conversation will be continued later.

“Your mom is right but Ji Young, wash your hands first & put kyeopta down.” My dad told me.

I just nodded & after I finished washing my hands & putting down kyeopta, we started eating. Mom wash the dishes while my 2 sisters, I & my dad decided to go upstairs to dress ourselves for the performance. Afterwards, Mom also goes upstairs to prepare herself for my performance later.

After we already finished preparing ourselves, we all made on our way to school through Dad’s car. When we entered the school auditorium, we all see many students with their performance costumes with their parents. I looked around and see my friend Krystal with her family.

“Krystal!” I shouted as I come closer to her. My family also comes closer since our families are close to one another.

“Taeyeon!” I heard Jessica unnie shouted as she saw Taeyeon unnie coming closer.

“I didn’t expect you’ll be here. Come to support your youngest sibling Krystal?” Taeyeon unnie asked.  

“Yes. You know I have a project to finished but to just watch her performance, I immediately finished it today before going here.” Jessica unnie replied.

“Krystal, you can do it. I know both you & Ji Young will do well on your performance. Don’t be nervous & just enjoy your performance.” I heard Krystal’s older brother named Leeteuk oppa said.

We just nodded & give him a smile. We were busy chatting with one another when we didn’t notice that the program will start soon.

“To all of the performers with their families, please take your seat because we will start the program.” We heard the MC of the program, one of the teachers in school, said.

End of Ji Young’s POV

No One’s POV:

The program went on smoothly. The 1st year & 2nd year students have already finished their performance & their teachers together with their families were really proud because of the good performance each one of them presented.

“Thank you 1st year & 2nd year students for all of your good performance & presentation! Let’s give them a round of applause!” The MC of the program said.

Everyone applause especially those families of the performers.

“Now, everyone get ready for the 3rd year & 4th year students performances!” The MC announced.

After the performances of the 2nd year students, Krystal & Ji Young went backstage to get ready with their performance.

Many performed their songs enthusiastically to show their parents their talents & to make their parents of them to be proud of them.

After the performances of some of the students, it was Krystal’s turn. She performed “Because of me” by Krystal Jung.

(A/N: If ever you wanted to listen to the song Krystal sung on the program, below is the video, credit to Kathy Bui for the video)

(A/N: And also if ever you wanted to look for the lyrics & translation of the song Because of me, here’s the link: http://www.wonderfulgeneration.net/2011/02/fx-krystal-because-of-me-lyrics.html)

While watching her performance, I really admired her because she has a beautiful voice & she even performed well. She didn’t create any mistake on her performance. These thoughts even make me more nervous because I’m having thoughts that “What if I messed up my performance?”, “What if I create any mistake on my performance” and many more what ifs.

My thoughts were interrupted when Krystal suddenly pats my shoulder saying “Ji Young, it’s your turn now. Fighting! I know you can do it well.”

I just nodded but still feel nervous. I grab my guitar & place it on my body and walked up on the stage. A microphone was already placed on the center of the stage. I step closer to it before looking at all the faces on the audience. It surely did make me more nervous but after seeing the faces of my families & friends smiling & even encouraging me with their “fighting” gesture, it did makes my nervousness lessen.

I first took a deep breath before I started to play the guitar to start my performance. I chose to perform the song “Wanna Do” by Kara’s Kang Jiyoung. I sing with the thought of “I must not think of those negative thoughts & just enjoy the performance” just like what all those who encourage me said.

(A/N: If ever you wanted to listen or watch the performance of Jiyoung of the song Wanna Do, below is the video, credit to  honeyhammie1 for the video)

(A/N: And also if ever you wanted to look for the lyrics & translation of the song Wanna Do, here’s the link: http://romanizedsongs.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/jiyoung-wanna-do-korean-ver/ )

After some minutes, I finished my performance & I was really happy that I didn’t create any mistake. I was even happier when many from the audiences clap their hands with a smile on their face. I was really happy because I felt they enjoyed my performance. This is really one of the days in my life that I’ll never forget.

End of Ji Young’s POV

No One’s POV:

After Ji Young’s performance, the other performers from the 3rd year & 4th year students performed their performances to continue the program.

“Thank you 3rd year & 4th year students for all of your good performance & presentation! Let’s give them a round of applause!” The MC of the program said and announced the winners and also said some words as the program ended.

Ji Young & Krystal went on their families after the program ended.

“Our maknae did well!” Taeyeon said to her sister.

“It’s because unnie encourage me & told me just to enjoy my performance.” Ji Young replied back.

The Park family also went closer to the Kim family.

“Krystal also did a good job.” In Sung told the Park family.

“Our daughters really did a good job! We really have talented daughters.” Chae Young said.

“Why don’t we celebrate this day together with a dinner on our house?” Seung Hyun said.

“We really like to but we can’t. We already have a reservation on a restaurant. Maybe next time.” In Sung replied.

Ji Young looked at Krystal & noticed that Krystal was looking sad.

“Krystal, are you okay?” Ji Young worriedly asked as she comes closer to her friend.

“I’m okay. Maybe just tired with my performance.” Krystal replied.

“Are you sure?” Ji Young asked.

“I’m sure with it. Don’t tell me you didn’t get tired with your performance?” Krystal replied with a smile on her face.

Ji Young only nodded with a smile on her face even though she knew that Krystal is only faking her smile.

They continued their conversation before parting their ways when they finished saying their goodbyes to each other.

Meanwhile

The Kim family was having a good conversation with one another & was even laughing as they talked with one another. They were even sharing their food with one another or feeding one another. They were really having a good time on their dinner as they celebrate the performance of Ji Young earlier.

Meanwhile, on the Park family, it was also like that except for Krystal who is not enjoying the dinner.

Krystal’s POV:

Yes, my parents were really proud of my performance earlier but still they are still comparing me to Jessica unnie. They said that Jessica was like me who also enjoyed the performance but even though they don’t want to say it straightforward to me, I know they were saying that Jessica unnie is better than I am that Jessica unnie is more beautiful or more talented than I am; in short, their favourite daughter.

What my parents were saying makes me lose my appetite so I stand up saying “Mom, Dad, I’m already full. I’m going to sleep now.”

“Ok, dear. Maybe you’re tired from the performance.” My mom said & I kissed & give them a hug. I also give my unnie & oppa a hug before I went to my room.

When I entered my room, tears started flowing out my eyes. I don’t know why I can’t help it. Maybe it’s because all of my life they have been comparing me to Jessica unnie. I know Jessica unnie is not at fault because she’s not being proud of what my parents were saying or agreeing with them because she always says that we’re both good but I can’t help myself but to get angry with her.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a sudden knock and a voice saying “Krystal, can you open the door? I know you need someone to talk to.”

After hearing that voice, I know it’s Leeteuk’s oppa. He was only the one whom I can talk to about my problem with my parents & unnie. Yes, you’re right. Because of my parents, it became the reason why I’m not close with Jessica unnie or why we’re uncomfortable with one another. Why? Do you think you can blame me if I treat my unnie that way? Then my parents should have thought that I don’t want to be compared to unnie or feel that their favourite daughter is Jessica unnie. What I really wanted is for them to treat us the same.

I opened the door & afterwards I sit on my bed. Leeteuk oppa closed the door and he also sits on the bed beside me. He immediately hugs me because he can see me crying.

He pats my shoulder as he said “Don’t cry, dongsaeng. You were really good with your performance earlier. Don’t mind what Mom & Dad was saying about Jessica because they were not right that Jessica is better than you because both of you are good & no one is better than the other. It’s because both of my 2 sisters are good & I’m proud of them.”

I broke the hug from Leeteuk oppa & I saw him smiling at me. He wipes my tears as he said “Dongsaeng, don’t cry & smile for oppa. You look ugly when you cry so a smile will make you beautiful.”

I did what Leeteuk oppa & said “Thank you, oppa. You’re really the best oppa of mine!”

“So whose you’re other oppa?” Leeteuk oppa asked me with a hint of jealousy.

“So my oppa is getting jealous? Don’t worry oppa. They are just my friend who are older than mine like Heechul oppa & my friends on the school. You’re still my no. 1 oppa!” I said with a smile.

“Don’t ever change that, okay?” He said as I nodded.

“Okay, sleep now. I know today is a tiring day for you. Goodnight” Lee Teuk oppa said and I nodded again before he turns off the lights on my room and closed the door.

Oppa really can make me happy & can comfort me when I have a problem. He can also cheer me up so I sleep with a happy mood because of Oppa’s comfort.

End of Krystal’s POV

Jessica’s POV:

I was already on my room but I still can’t sleep because of what happened on the dinner earlier. I don’t know why Mom & Dad kept on comparing the two of us. I think I’m not that good to have those praises because Krystal deserved it more. I don’t know why they can't stop that & just be aware of what Krystal was feeling about it. I know I can feel that Krystal don’t like me & I’m really sure it’s because of what my parents always says when they compare the two of us. I really do hope that my parents will stop it so that I can be close to my dongsaeng Krystal.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a sudden knock with a voice “Jessica, are you still awake?”

“Yes oppa.” I answered as I open my door.

“Then you don’t mind having a talk with me?” Leeteuk oppa asked me.

I nodded as I open the door widely to let him enter my room. I sit on my bed & he also did sitting beside me.

“Is Krystal already okay now?” I immediately asked because I’m worried after seeing her expression earlier.

“Yes, she’s okay. Don’t worry about her. How about you, are you okay?” Leeteuk oppa asked me.

I just shook my head. Leeteuk oppa make me face him as he said “I know you need someone to talk to. Why don’t you tell oppa?”

“It’s because I’m tired of what our parents are always doing. Why do they keep on comparing the two of us? I’m not that good to be compared to her. She’s even more talented than I am so I think I don’t deserve their praises. Why can’t they be aware of Krystal’s feelings about this? We’re close when we were young & look what they did. Krystal is now distant. I just wanted to be close to her but they are the one who makes her to be distant from me.”

As I was saying those, my tears were already falling. It’s just that I really wanted to say this to my parents & to Krystal but I don’t want the 3 most important people in my life to be hurt of what I’ll say so I decided to keep these feelings. This is the 1st time I open up about this feelings & it’s only Leeteuk oppa whom I decided to share this problem I have.

Leeteuk oppa wipe away my tears as he says “Don’t worry. There will be a day that your closeness to each other will be back and I’m sure that there will be a day that Mom & Dad will stop comparing you & will realize that they have 2 good daughters that no one is better than the other. So stop crying & don’t lose the faith that ‘that day’ will come okay? So for now, smile & just keep waiting & stop crying because you look ugly when you do. Smile for oppa, okay?”

I chuckle on what oppa said “So you also said that Krystal? When will you stop saying that oppa? So stop crying because you look ugly when you do so just smile?” I said as I imitated him.

“You’re really different because Krystal was smiling when I said that.” Leeteuk oppa said.

“It’s because I’m already tired of hearing it from you.” I replied back as I stick my tongue at him.

“Ok. Just don’t forget what I told you earlier. I think you should sleep now. Good night” Leeteuk oppa said as he stands up to leave my room.

“Goodnight oppa & really thank you!” I replied with a smile before I lay on my bed. Oppa turn off the lights on my room & locked the door as he left my room.

After my conversation with oppa, I realized that both I & Krystal are lucky to have a brother like him that I know the girl who he’ll love will be really lucky. After that, I was able to sleep with a faith that ‘that day’ will surely come just like what oppa said.

End of Jessica’s POV

Next Day

Taeyeon’s POV:

It was already late & all of us were already sleeping when we heard a noise downstairs. I & Mom went downstairs & saw Dad. He looks like he was drunk.

“Appa, are you okay?” I worriedly asked.

I & Mom helped one another to bring Dad to their room. Suddenly, I saw my 2 sisters rubbing their eyes as they look inside the room of our parents. I left the room & close the door.

“Why don’t the two of you go back to sleep? Don’t worry. Dad was just not feeling well. I & my mom will take care of him, okay?” I told them. I know it’s not good to lie but I have to. I don’t want my 2 dongsaengs to worry about Dad because I can feel there is a reason why Dad is drunk that I first wanted to know about it before telling it to my 2 sisters.

“Are you sure unnie?” Ji Eun asked.

“I’m sure. Mom & I can do it. Just go back to sleep.” I replied back.

“But unnie, when you need help, don’t hesitate to ask help from us, okay?” Ji Young said.

I only nodded before I go back to the room as my 2 sisters go back to their room to sleep.

When I got inside, I was shocked when Dad suddenly slaps Mom.

“Do you really want to know why I’m drunk? It’s because your husband already lose his job because my boss fired me. Do you know the reason? It’s because they need to fire some employees because the company is currently not doing well. How unlucky I am!” My Dad said.

“But Dad why did you slap Mom?” I bravely asked. You can say that I was scared that Dad may slap me just like what he did to Mom but still I have to ask him.

“It’s because your Mom always depend on me & didn’t mind helping me to earn money. She didn’t mind to get a job so that she can help me.” Dad answered back.

“Why, appa? You were able to raise us well & make us survive our days with you having a job. Why did Mom still have to work?” I answered back.

“Taeyeon, stop!” Mom tried to stop me.

“Why should I stop Mom? I’m right and just saying what is true. I don’t think that his reason is enough to hurt you. Why must he blame you Mom? You know that you raise us well with your love. I know it’s true that it’s only Dad who work for us but when there are times that Dad lack time for us, you’re always the one who fill the love we need.” I replied back to Mom.

And the next thing happens. The thing I wasn’t expecting to happen. Dad just slaps me after saying “Don’t you dare say that! If it weren’t for me, you’ll not be who you are today.”

“What, appa? No, not only you, it’s also because of Mom. Why are you making Mom seems like she didn’t do anything for our family?” I replied back. Even though Dad's slap really hurts, I think what he said more hurts.

“It’s because she really didn’t do anything for our family.” Dad replied.

I heard Mom sobbing after Dad said that while I glared at him. I left the room because now it seems like I saw another person; not like the Dad I grown up to.

And starting this day I really didn’t expected that we will experience what other families experienced with a father like him. I didn’t expect that my once happy family will turn out like this.

But one thing is for sure that starting this day, I hate Dad & I’ll surely make him realize that what he done to me & to Mom is wrong & that he’ll regret it!!!

Author’s Note:

This is the 3rd chapter.

Hope you enjoyed reading & like this chapter even though I felt that it was not good & boring but it is just like also an introduction to most of the characters. After this chapter will start the change in the Kim family’s.

I decided to update & finished this Chapter today because it’s Taeyeon’s birthday today :)

By the way, thank you to those who subscribed & read this chapter.

Please comment on what you think of this chapter.

Will try to create the next Chapter but still don’t know when I will update it because I don’t have any ideas on what will be the next Chapter will be all about but hope you look forward to my next update!