Chapter 9

One Person

 

 

 

His heart felt a sudden thug of pain, seeing how she lived. He couldn’t say it was a house since it was small and probably just enough for one or two person in it. It’s more like an abandoned room that was hidden behind blocks of house. Sure, it completes with all the living necessity and probably comfortable enough for her to sleep at night but still, it’s a pain to him.

Naeun was standing in front of the entrance with a sheepish smile on her face. She was about to open and thanked him but L cut her.

“Pick up your things now and leave this place.”

He said, strict and sternly. Naeun was shocked and her brows creased in confusion. Did she hear it right?

“What?”

She asked softly, almost whispering. Naeun knew he wasn’t being himself right now. His eyes were cold and emotionless.

“Pick up your things and stay with me. I can’t let you live here.”

He knew that he was being selfish. No doubt at all but he just can’t stand it. She lived alone and he knew she had a really bad past.

Naeun looked at him with disbelief. It’s had been almost a week she lived here and it’s had been almost a week either she’s been running away from her father.

“Why? Why should I? It’s almost been a week I stayed here and you, whom I not know that well, suddenly step into my life and asking me, wait no, forcing me to leave?”

Naeun had snapped and her voice was higher than before. She stared at him sternly. L looked at her in amusement. She’s never snap before and all this time, he thought that she was like as innocent as a lamb that doesn’t know how to be furious and mad.

Well, she is a human too.

“First of all, you lived alone. Second, it’s not a safe area and people won’t hear you screaming and shouting for help. Who knows what will happen to you?”

Naeun scoffed. She can’t believe her ears. L was acting like a protective man. Not that he wasn’t before but just now, he just crossed the line.

“I have lived here for almost a week and nothing happen.”

L continued her words. “Yet.”

There’s silent between them, both in deep thought.

“Naeun, just please. I don’t want you to be in trouble nor in danger. It’s not safe here.”

His voice sounded sincere and Naeun looked at him, debating with herself whether she should follow him or not. She sighed. Drama at early in the morning.

Truthfully, she was tired and really need some shut eyes now but Kim inconsiderate Myungsoo here don’t know about it and need to create a drama now.

“Fine, fine. Wait outside for a while and I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

She said while rubbing her temple. L was smiling in satisfaction with maybe a slight victory. Naeun could see his face lighten up like a kid gets a free ice-cream. Her lips curved slightly.

“Oh, but wait.”

Naeun said suddenly and L looked at her with an eyebrows arc.

“I need to tell the land lady about this.”

She told him innocently. He smiled softly at her and said, “We will tell her tomorrow.”

 

 

 

She was running, running to save her life. Her feet were bleeding from running too much; the legs and arms had scratches and bruises from falling on the ground but she could care less.  The black silhouette behind her was still chasing her. Unfortunately, she fell again for who knows how many times. But this time, her legs gave in. She doesn’t even have the strength to get up. The silhouette was slowly approaching her. The closer it came to her, the more she could see the devilish grin on the man’s face. Her body was trembling with the sight of her father suddenly burst laughing, hysterically like a crazy maniac.

“Now, you could never run away again, ungrateful child.”

 

 Her eyes shot opened and she changed her sleeping position to sitting. She held her chest, tried to grasp for air as she felt suffocated. That dream was scary, she thought.  Suddenly, muscular arms were wrapping her and her hair.

“Sshh, it’s alright now, it’s alright.”

His soft and soothing voice calm her. She put her hands on his waist and clutched his shirt tightly. It was silent and only the sound of Naeun’s heavy breathing could be heard.

“Bad dreams?”

He asked. She nodded her head in his chest.

“There, there, it’s okay now.”

He said softly, still her hair. Fortunately, that time he had already awake as it was almost noon and was about to go to the kitchen when he heard her shouting. He was panicking and went to her room that was besides his. He looked at her and she was sweating like she just drenched in the rain.

Naeun felt safe in his arms. Not to mention it was warm too. She wanted this moment to last long for a while. But, that moment interrupted when an unrecognizable sound was heard.

Naeun felt her cheeks were getting hot as she’s deepen her head into his chest. L let out a chuckle.

“Do you want to eat or do you want to starve and for us to stay like this forever?”

Naeun back away from him and got down from the bed. Her face was flushed with red of cherry tomatoes. She tried to avoid looking at L right now as she was embarrassed.

“Let’s go eat.”

She said awkwardly and stormed out from the room. L was clutching his stomach dying from laughter, seeing her cuteness. 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author Note:

Oh gosh, I'm sorry I haven't update for so long ;AAA; Blame the school and teachers for giving me such a hard time until I didn't have  time to update =3= 

Thank you so much for you guys patience ;AA; I love you~ Please bear with me until the story is over~ Which is, still a long way to the ending -.-' 

I don't even know how many chapters this story would be but you guys don't mind if it's a lot,right? ~ .....Right? ._.

orz, I need to do my homework now -.-

Tell me if something was off :3