Chapter 18 - Epilogue

One Person

 

 

“I still can’t believe you forgot about me – your own father!” Hyunwoo cried out. Naeun giggled at her childish father.

“Father, I did say I’m sorry, okay?”  Naeun said to her father.

That night – after L had proposed to her and she’s already calm down and back to her sense, Naeun had totally forgot about her father. By the time she remembered, it was already midnight and that time, she was in L’s car, going back to his home.

L had to stop the car when Naeun suddenly screaming. He was seriously worried if she was in pain or something but it turned out to be worse than that – and it could cost him to not getting married with Naeun. Turning back his car, L drove towards the motel her father staying. Once they reached there, both of them hastily stepped out from the car and made a dash to her father’s room.

After they had reached to his room, Naeun knocked on the door and she was hoping for her father to not getting angry. Hyunwoo opened the door and his eyes were puffy red and he burst into tears once he saw his daughter. “Naeun-ah! Where did you go?! I thought you’ve been kidnapped since you didn’t come!” he wailed in tears.

Naeun was in shocked –Since when did her father became so…childish and softy?

Naeun went to calm him down and after he did, L apologized to him by doing a 90 degree bow, saying that he was the one kidnapping her and sorry for not asking for his permission.

Fortunately, Hyunwoo was alright with it and L heaved a sigh of relief.

 

 

But that was 3 months ago. Now, they were in a church –getting ready for L and Naeun’s wedding which will start in 20 minutes.

“And it happened 3 months ago and you still didn’t get over it? Really, father,” she shook her head in disbelief. Her father will be un-mature sometimes, considering that his age had exceeded to 40.

“But still…” Hyunwoo heaved a deep sigh. “Alright, this is the last time I will say about this, okay?”

Both of them looked at each other and smiled. Naeun until now still can’t believe that the relationship between her and her father had finally gone really well. Even after those years of feared and loneliness, they had finally made up with each other.

And her father had completely changed into a caring, sweet father, though sometimes he might be a little bit childish but nevertheless– she loved her new father.

Hyunwoo grabbed his daughter’s hand and put it on his arm, gently.

“Now, let’s go. We don’t want to make the groom waiting, don’t we?” he softly said and Naeun laughed; her eyes suddenly went teary but she restrained it from falling since she didn’t want her makeup to get ruin.

Once the huge doors being opened, both of them walked down the aisle as the guests stared at them, especially the bride.

Her white wedding dress flow smoothly down the aisle as her heart was beating rapidly. She was nervous – Hyunwoo knew it as he could feel her hand trembling slightly. He tapped his daughter’s hand, reassuring her that it’s going to be fine.

Once they had reached in front of the groom, Hyunwoo smiled at him and gave his daughter’s hand to him. “Take care of her well,” he whispered to L.

L nodded and replied, “I will,”

After Hyunwoo went to take his seat, L managed to whisper something to her ear before the ceremony began. “You look beautiful,”

Naeun couldn’t help but to blush. L smiled, seeing her reaction.

Then, the exchanging vows ceremony began.

 

 

 

Deep down in their heart, they knew they will have a bright future together –though there might be a bump here and there but it will only make them stronger.

Because they knew – both L and Naeun knew that the one person will always be by their side, no matter how the life was, easy or hard.

 

 

Fin~

 

________________________________________