Chapter 11

One Person

 

 

 

He opened the big oak door in front of him as he walked in towards the desk. The black leather chair was slowly turned to be greeted with a furious face of his father. L’s face remain calm but deep inside, he was in fear.

“What are these?”

His father said with a deep and strict voice as he threw some pictures onto the desk. L glanced at the pictures. It was when he and Naeun went out yesterday. His expression didn’t change a bit, at all. True, he was supposed to be surprised but why would he? It was the truth anyway.

He knew his father was irritated with his lack of respond. “Can’t you explain what happened? Or is it the truth?”

“Yes, it is but how did you-”

“It’s already on my desk, this morning.”

Mr. Kim sighed as he slumped into the chair while rubbing his temple. Dealing with his one and only son was such a headache. He didn’t care with what girl his son went out with but he worried that if these pictures would reach at the Bae’s hand and that wouldn’t be good.

“Look, Myungsoo,” he stood up and went towards the armchair, which was at the middle of the room as he gestured his son to sit next to him. L followed. “You do know that our company is in a critical condition, right?”

His son nodded as he sighed and continued, “If these pictures get on one of the Bae’s, our company would be in a seriously, big trouble.”

L remained silent and he could hear the mumbling words from his father. “And all of your grandfather’s bloods and sweats will be nothing.”

That hit him. “If I could do something to save the company, I wouldn’t have to marry Suzy, right?”

His father looked at him in interest as he raised one of his brows. L smirked.

It’s game time.

 

 

 

 

Naeun went into the elevator with both of her hands full of groceries bags. She was in such a good mood and the smile on her face has never left since in the morning. Although it was only 3 days she stayed at his apartment, she could feel her life was like full of rainbows and butterflies. Though it’s not always but at least she has been smiling very frequently.

When the elevator had stopped at the right floor, she stepped out and walked to his apartment. She put the bags on the floor as she punched the numbers on the door. ‘4, 3, 0, 5’. She smiled in satisfaction as the small dot light had turned green. She went in with the bags and put it on the kitchen counter.

The clock hands shown the time was 6.35 p.m. She gasped lightly. ‘Oh gosh, he would be home later!’ and with that, she dashed into her room to change for more comfortable clothes. She had asked the manager at the café if she could work until 5.30 p.m. and thankfully, the manager allowed. Why, you ask? Well, since she will be staying at his place for a while, she thought that she would cook every meal for him. Besides, she doubt that he had a proper meal since, well he lived alone and the fact that he’s a guy, which the type of mankind that always want everything to be simple and easy.

She went out from the room with pastel pink over-sized bear shirt and a calf black legging. Her hair was tied into a messy bun before she started working on putting the foods and drinks that she bought, into the fridge. No instant noodles or anything instant from the bags. She wanted him to have a proper and healthy meal.

As she was putting and organizing the fridge, the bell on the door was ringed. Her eyes widen in surprised. ‘H-He’s already back?! And I didn’t start on anything yet!’ she thought, panicking.

Nether less, she went towards the door and opened it but, to her surprised, it was not the person she thought it would be. It’s not L.

 

 

 

He walked into the elevator and rubbed his neck as it felt sore. After almost a whole day at the company, searching and analyzing, finally he could go home and take a rest. He looked at the watch on his wrist and it was 9.30 p.m. He was wondering if Naeun was already in bed by that time…but, wasn’t it still early?

The ding sound was heard and his train of thoughts was cut. He stepped out from the elevator and went to his apartment. After he pushed the doorbell, the sound of Naeun’s footsteps could be heard. Unconsciously, a slight curve appeared on his lips as he could imagine the sweet smile of hers to be greeted by him.

The door flung opened and his face changed when he saw that it was not Naeun. Not a single bit. He stared at the person in front of him, who was with a happy grin, in confusion, shocked, bewilderment.

 

 

 

“Welcome back, Myungsoo.”

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author note:

okay, first of all, sorry for the short update...and for the cliff hanger :P yes, i'm being a bad author now 

secondly, I'm sorry for not updating frequently ;A; It's just that...okay, the usual reason, school, exams, assignments, homeworks, torture...

anyway, i'm sorry for making you guys wait until you have to send a message on my tumbrl ;A; I'm sorry ;;

So, please just wait, really, very, patiently for my next update, okay~? hope you will not kill me 

I love you~ <3