Chapter 10

One Person

 

 

 

Clinging and clanging sounds could be heard from the kitchen. He sat at the sofa, anxiously and would turn back some time to look at her, wondering whether she’s alright or not.

“I’m fine!”

She would reply him with an almost assuring smile towards him. It was calm for a few seconds and then, Bang! Cling! Clang!

He sighed. Although he wanted to help her, but he knew that she wouldn’t let him. Fortunately, his fridge has some ingredients. Two eggs, a half carton of milk, half butter and unidentified black plastic bag.

He remembered how Naeun was beaming when she at least found something in the fridge, thankfully. He planned to eat outside but Naeun insisted she would cook something since she’s staying here. He wouldn’t mind though but if he knew she would be clumsy like this, he should force her on eating outside.

 

It was 2 p.m. by the time she had finished cooking. He looked at the food that was prepared by her on the table. He arc an eyebrows and then, he suddenly burst into laugh.

“All the clinging, clanging, banging sounds were because of you only made omelet rice?”

He said, between his laugh. Naeun looked at him with unsatisfied face. She’s pouting her lips, sulking.

“It’s only because of I’m nervous…”

She murmured to herself but to her luck, L heard it. His lips curved into a slight smile. He grabbed the spoon besides the plate and shoved into his mouth, eating quietly. Naeun looked at him, nervous wondering how it tasted like. To be honest, it was her first time cooking for someone besides her father and herself.

“Rather than you watch me eating, how about you eat with me?”

He glanced at her with a smirk. Naeun was stunned and was ajar. L took the opportunity to shove a spoon of omelet rice into . She was surprised but carefully chewing the food. Stupid Myungsoo wants to choke me, she whined in her thought and pout. L couldn’t help but laughing at her cute reaction.

 

 

 

After they went to meet the land lady, L thought that they should take a walk at Han River and she agreed. Besides, they didn’t have anything to do anyway.

“The land lady is nice, isn’t she?”

She said with a happy grin as they walked on the white ground. He nodded. It was the second week of February and the weather was still cold but not as cold as last week. There were a lot of people, enjoying the beautiful evening with their families and friends.

They stopped on their track as Naeun bent down to pick a ball that was being thrown by the little boy. The boy came to her and thanked her with a bow. Naeun nodded and the boy ran back to his friends. They continued their walk with a brief silent.

“So, Myungsoo, you live alone in the apartment?”

She asked, clasping her hands at her back.

 “Yup. My father and mother live at the other house.”

He said as he put his hands in the pocket, already felt the cold. Her brows creased in confusion. “Other house?” she asked, innocently.

“My first home before I moved to the apartment.”

Naeun nodded her head, making an ‘o’ shape with . “What made you moved to the apartment?”

 There’s a brief of silent as he trying to find the suitable answer. “Let’s just say, I want some privacy.”

He answered with a slight curved on his lips. There was silent again. They both stopped when they saw an empty bench and sat there.

“Let me go buy some hot drinks.”

She nodded and with that, he left her for a moment.

She was in awe as she saw some part of the river had turned into ice with the blue skies as the background, it’s almost looks like painting.

Then, she saw a family passing by her. The parents were holding their daughter hand, the left was the father and the right was the mother. The girl, who looks like 10 years old, was skipping and smiling happily and the parents were smiling as well, seeing their daughter happiness.

Her heart felt a pang of sadness. The happy family reminded her family who was once like that. Happy, warm and full with love but now, it shattered like a broken glass. And it all started because of the evil, irresponsible, coward father of hers. She didn’t understand. Why? Why he had to kill her? Can’t he explain and tell the truth? Doesn’t he love her? Soon, a drop of tear fell onto her lap.

The weather suddenly felt so cold. Her mind was playing scenes of flashback, when her family was happy and warm, when her father was still a caring one; it was playing like a movie. The tears were threatening to fall more and then, she started sobbing.

Sudden warmth could be felt by her. He was hugging her, held her so dearly like a glass, her hair, softly like she would break even more.

“It’s alright, it’s alright.”

He hushed to her. He regret for not coming here faster. Stupid machine for making me late,

The tears stream faster as she cried in his chest, letting go all the pain that she held all these time. She held on his waist, clutching on his coat tightly. L felt hurt, frustrated in himself. He wanted her to stop crying, he wanted her to open up herself, and he wanted her to always smiling.

 

She clasped her hands around the warm cup, sipping the hot chocolate as it when into , calming her down. She let out a deep breath, felt lighter after all the drama. L stared at her, wondering whether she’s alright or not. Naeun noticed his stare and gave him a soft smile.

“I’m okay now. Don’t worry.”

He still didn’t fully convinced by it. “Are you sure?”

She chuckled and nodding her head like a child with a grin. He sighed, slumped back into the bench and sipped his black coffee that had gone warm.

For a moment, it was silent.

“Thank you.”

She said. L arc an eyebrows, confused at her sudden thanked.

“Thank you for comforting me and always there for me.”

She said, playing with her fingers. L could notice a tinted of rosy pink on her cheeks. He smirked. “No problem. I am your shield anyway.”

She chuckled at his cheesy words. Then, the silent return, both of them were in their own thought.

L was still in these whole confused and curiosity world. She didn’t open herself yet and it’s frustrating to him. He didn’t want to force her as she would probably be scared. They’re still not that close anyway so, he will be patiently waited for the time she open herself to him but when? Let’s just hope I have enough patience in me, he thought and heaved a soft sighed.

 

 

 

Little did they know that all these times, there's an observer who had been monitoring all their doings, all day.

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author Note:

Okay, just don't kill me for leaving that hanging :P

orz, I want to say something....

 

Thank You My Lovely Readers Who Still Read This Ridicoulous Story Until Now ;___; I Love You Forever~ <3

 

lol, I'm being cheesy =____= Nam Woohyun fault!

Okay, I should go now and do my homework =3=