Chapter 12

One Person

 

 

 

He blinked, twice, can’t believe who he saw as the woman in front of him let out a giggle.

“What are you doing here, mother?” he asked, furrowed his brows in confusion.

Again, the lady chuckled. “Let’s get you in first.”

 

L was sitting on the black sofa, opposite his mother while Naeun was at the kitchen, cutting the fruits that his mother brought.

“So…what made you suddenly come here?” he asked. Before his mother could speak, Naeun came with a plate full of cut fruits and put it on the coffee table in front of them.

“Oh, thank you,” Mrs. Kim murmured to Naeun as she smiled lightly, bowed her head a little. Naeun was about to leave, giving them some privacy but…

“Naeun, sit beside me, darling.” Mrs. Kim patted the empty space beside her with a slight curved on her lips. L watched them. They seemed like they were somehow, gotten closer. How long did his mother stayed here? Naeun was hesitant at first but soon obeyed his mother.

“What were you asking again, Myungsoo?” his mother asked.

“Why you suddenly come here without saying anything?” he asked the same question before with his eyebrows arc. His mother let out a giggle.

“Why, can’t a mother make a surprise for his son? Right, Naeun?”

Naeun looked kind of lost and confused by Mrs. Kim sudden asked. Naeun just nodded her head. L couldn’t help it but found it cute as he giggled. Naeun heard him and shot a glanced at him; somehow indicating ‘don’t laugh’. L noticed it and childishly grinned at her. Naeun rolled her eyes in annoyance.

They both seemed to be forgotten about this one lady who has been watching their cute ‘little fight’. Mrs. Kim smiled but soon, interrupted their ‘world’ by faking a cough. L and Naeun stopped their ‘fight’ and looked at Mrs. Kim. Naeun cheeks had a faint, tainted rosy pink as she felt slightly embarrassed by her ‘little argument’ not literally with L a while ago. Seeing Naeun’s face gotten pink, L’s lips curved into a small smile.

“So, Myungsoo, why you didn’t tell me about Miss Son Naeun here?” she asked, with one of her brows raised as she patted Naeun’s hand, which she was holding on it.

He didn’t surprise at all by his mother question. “Well…”he trailed as he rubbed his sore neck. To think that he would get a rest, guess that would be happen later. “I was about to tell you this weekend but I guess not,”

His mother shook her head. “Of course, he’s Kim Myungsoo for a reason.”  She mumbled. L sheepishly grinned and Naeun just giggled, seeing their close bound. But behind those laughter and smile, she was feeling pain and hurt, deep down inside her heart. Son Naeun missed her mother, and her once happy family.

 

 

 

 

A deep sighed was heaved out from his dried lips. Finally, his mother went home one hour before midnight. As expected, his mother will asked a lot of questions especially about Naeun. Though, it looked likes Naeun didn’t felt bothered by it but he was sure that she must had a tinged of uncomfortable from all those ridiculous questions.

“I’m sorry,” he suddenly apologized towards Naeun, who was sitting beside him. Naeun was a little bit startled by his sudden said of sorry as she furrowed in confusion.

“Mother had been asking you questions and it must be making you felt uncomfortable,” he sheepishly rubbed his neck as Naeun giggled and smiled at him.

“No, it’s okay. Well…to be honest, it was fun.”

L heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at her. “That’s good then.”

Naeun nodded her head. “Yup.” She replied, short.

L could feel the sudden change of mood and expression around her. She seemed sad and moody and not to mention, she seemed to be in her own world.

“You’re okay?” He asked in concern and worried.

Naeun snapped back to reality and turned to face with a worried L. “Hmm?” she innocently tilted her head. L sighed. “Naeun, you could tell me anything, anything that bothering you or simply, something that you want to let it out from the chest.”

With the eyes that showed concerned and sincerity along with his voice, sounded so serious and sincere, it made her eyes watery. She tried to resist it from falling as she shook her head and forced a smile for him. “No, it’s nothing! Ah, look at the time! It’s late; I should go to bed now.”

She stood up and was about to make a step walking to her room when L suddenly grabbed her wrist and spun her around, only to be hugged by him.

Naeun was still unfamiliar with L sudden-hugging-thingy as her face had turned rosy pink. “M-Myung –“

“Let it out. Let out all of those unhappy feelings. Cry if you want to, don’t force a smile.”

His whispering, his soft and smooth voice that went through her ear…she didn’t know why but one thing she knew, he managed to make her cried like a little kid lost her parents….which she did.

 

 

Tonight would be a different night for both of them. Naeun was lying on the bed but what made it different was L, lying beside her too. How it became like that? Well, it started with Naeun who wanted to tell him everything and since she was tired, she wanted to tell him tomorrow. But, knowing L who was stubborn like a mule, he wanted to know now and apparently, he found a way….but not such a good idea either.

They both were facing each other and Naeun cheeks had gone bright red. Yup, the atmosphere was awkward, like really awkward. L awkwardly cleared his throat as he said, “Well, go on, tell me now.”

Naeun looked at him as she took a deep breath before telling him everything. Starting with her ran away from home. 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Author Note:

Sorry for the lack of update lately ;~~~; School has start with the two-times-a-week-test and I can't do anything but to...do it =3=

Anyway, sorry, it was kind of rush and all of those messy grammars -.-'

Lol, and sorry for trolling with you guys~ It's not Suzy but, nice guess though :P 

and now, I'm off to bed after watching HOBABY TEASAH ;AAAA;