Chapter 15

One Person

 

 

A sophisticate lady with long, straight hair was sitting at the café, waiting for the guy’s arrival. She checked her phone, looking at the time. He’s late, like usual.

The sound of the ringing bell from the door made her eyes went straight towards the door and there, she saw him. She waved her hand to him, signaling to where she was sitting. He noticed it and went to her. He pulled the chair and sat in front of her.

His face was stern and cold, like usual.

“What do you want?” his voice was distant and cold, like usual.

He thought that they wouldn’t have anything attached by now since the disengagement. But knowing Suzy, she might be furious about it and would want to make a fuss. What do you know; she’s a spoilt child and not close to mature, that’s what he thought.

“Can’t you be friendly for once? God, for almost seven months we have been together and yet, you still give me those cold distant of yours,” Suzy complained and pouted.

L sighed and rubbed his temple. “Just…straight to the point. If you want to complaint about the disengagement thingy, I want you to know that I would not take that back.” He stated. He stared deep in her eyes, saying that he was being serious.

Suzy giggled. “Don’t worry! I understand, just relax.” She mentioned, giving him a small smile.

 

It was silent for a few seconds.

 

 “I want to clear something before I leave the country.” She suddenly said, looking at the half-emptied cup.

L didn’t say anything or gave any respond. Of course he would…he never cares about me, she thought.

 

“Where are you going?” he suddenly asked.

 

Suzy looked at him, a little surprised.

L frowned. “What?”

She shook her head. “Nothing, it’s just that…isn’t it’s the first time you are worrying about me?” she raised one of her brows to him, he scoffed.

“It’s a common question people will ask. Don’t get your hopes up. Anyway, could you please get to the point?” he said, growing impatient already.

Suzy giggled. “Okay, okay. Anyway, I will be going to New York to start a new life,” she stated, a tiny smile appeared on her, “Where I will not being the spoilt and un-matured Suzy anymore.” She then, grinned cheekily towards him and added, “Oh, and probably searching for a perfect man for me,”

L looked at her, bewildered when she said that but soon he smiled. “So…you are finally growing huh? That’s good.”

Suzy was taken aback by his sudden smile. Her heart beat rates started to get faster and her face was almost flushed in deep red. Abruptly, she ducked her head and looked at her hand on the thigh. She clutched her skirt. It’s the first time he smiled to her, a sincere and warm smile.

She sighed.

“Kim Myungsoo…why do you have to do this to me…” she mumbled to herself.

True, all these times she had been childish and acting like a leech around him was just to get his attention. Honestly, her heart has always been true, the feeling. She liked him, a lot almost to the level of obsessed. But too bad, he didn’t know about it. That’s great...really really great, she thought.

 “Hmm? What did you just say?” he asked her, looking puzzled

Suzy raised her head and smile cheerfully to him. “Nothing! Now that’s clear, there’s this one thing…” Slowly, her gaze fell on the cup. “I had kept it for a while now…” she said, faintly and carefully. L had grown curious.

“Before I start, I want to apologize to you, especially to Son Naeun.”

 

 

 

 

The sun was almost fading as the skies had turned orange-yellowish. A couple of daughter and father were sitting together, side by side at the park, taking the fresh air while having a little chit-chat between them.

“So you’re now living in an apartment with your friend… She must be rich.” Hyunwoo said that made his daughter giggled. He turned his gaze to her daughter, brows knitted in confusion.

“Dad, my friend isn’t a ‘she’, it’s a ‘he’,” she stated that made her father startled, eyes widen.

 

“W-Wait, so you guys are dating?!”

 

He made a quick assumption based on the fact that they’re living together. Well, what did you expect when a girl and a boy, who had no blood related, stay together under one roof?

Naeun laughed. “Of course not! We’re like brothers and sisters! Even though we’re not blood related but he had protected and took care of me, like a brother would.”

The end of her lips curved upward, remembered how L had treated her, protecting her even when they’re still strangers.

Hyunwoo noticed the expression of his daughter when she talked about this guy. She’s in love with him, he knew that. That face, that expression was similar with his late wife. He smiled to himself. His daughter was too naïve to realize about it.

“Well then, let’s just see for how long you both gonna act like ‘brothers and sisters’.”

Naeun looked at her father, confused. “What did you mean?” she asked him.

He hummed in respond and sung, “Nothing~”

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Anyway, he’s already had a fiancée though it was a forced one,” her voice was low. 

She remembered that time when L told her about it. She could see that he didn't like it but because of his parents, he did it, unwillingly. She knew he didn’t love his fiancée but she couldn’t help it but to feel her heart tightened in pain. She didn’t know why that time she felt that way, like a knife has been stabbed on her heart.

“Even these days, they still have that forced-marriage thingy…” Hyunwoo mumbled and sighed.

 

Naeun weakly smiled at him. 

 

 

 

 


Author Note:

Well, hello there my lovely subbies and reader~ Long time no see~ It's been a month already~ (OTL I'M SORRY) 

tbh,it's not a good time for me to update since...you see, i have an exam tomorrow (and it's math oh god i'm sooooo dead)

so...and next 2 months, i'll have a trial and 2 months later.... THE IMPORTANT EXAM EVER ;AAAA; and the fact that i have like...3 projects to be finish before the 2nd week of june orz

and because of that, i try to update whenever i can~ ^^

oh and sorry for the lame,boring, short update :/ really, the next update will be much better ^^ so, wait for it~ :P