Continued Confusion

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

 
Chanyeol's POV
 
... Um ... 
 
S-She's... 
 
 ... What is she doing...? 
 
 I looked up at the bleachers and saw her immediately turn away and... Awkwardly crouch down in the bleachers... She's... Hiding...? I thought for a while then smiled and made my way up and sat by her. 
 
"You know, it's time for the girls to go up, right?" I said. She slowly lifted up her face, which was turning into a deep shade of red. I chuckled. She was actually pretty... Cute. B-but just a cute friend. Friend... We were friends... Right...? 
 
She got up from her place and made her way down. HyeRi slowly walked over to the court she was assigned (after she asked the teacher where it was). I watched her jog, look startled when the ball somehow ended up in her hands, and her failed attempt to shoot a basket. Which was all really cute... Why do I keep associating her with the word 'cute'?! ... Well... It's just normal to think that! Because... She is. Everyone would think that...! Y-yeah... That's it...! 
 
---
 
HyeRi's POV
 
My teammates absolutely hated me, no matter what team I was on, no matter what sport. They seriously did, they probably prayed not to be on my team before they ended up with me. 
 
I listened to their loud complains about my playing. I didn't really care, I hated them too. They screamed at me for not trying. Gosh, they're over competitive retards, this isn't even a real game. I was trying, it's not my fault they never passed me the ball and only looked at me while I walked. After a while, I just gave up. If they were going to accuse me of not trying, might as well actually not try. 
 
In the end we lost every game and of course I was blamed for our loses. Stupid jerks. They're were just competitive, they were worse basketball players than I was.  I sighed as I ignored their high pitched voices screaming at me. 
 
We played many other games, switching off from gender to gender. I didn't understand why we played like that but it was the teacher's demand. Once we were done we all got up and walked towards the locker rooms.
 
"Hey HyeRi!" Chanyeol said as he ran up to me. I could see the girls in my team plus the rest glaring at me. 
 
"... H-hi," I replied. I looked up at him (because he was much taller than I was). He was covered in a thin layer of sweat and I thought... He really looked cool. He smelled of sweat (obviously) and I have no idea why I thought he was suddenly attractive. I watched as his sweat rolled down the side of his face and- OH GOSH, HYERI YOU SOUND LIKE A ERT! My face suddenly felt like it was burning and I quickly turned away. Gosh, I really am going crazy... There must be a reasonable explanation for this. Maybe... I'm into basketball players...? Yeah...! 
 
But... Since when have I ever found a basketball player attractive, let alone any other guy? ... Maybe I also like guys with... Cheerful personalities? You know... Besides Chanyeol... Yeah...! Yeah... 
 
--- 
Chanyeol's POV
 
I watched her turn her head away, but not before I saw her red face. She was really cute when she was embarrassed and... I glanced at her side profile as she looked ahead again, since when was she so... Pretty? ... Yah, Park Chanyeol, Get ahold of yourself! She's your friend. I'm probably just thinking this way because... I'm tired from the basketball games! Yes, that must be it!
 
Wow... 
 
I know myself and my feelings so well! 
 
"Bye!" I called out to her as I turned to go into the boys' locker room. She didn't turn back, but raised her hand slightly and waved it a bit with her head still ducked down. Why do I think she's cute and attractive, all of a sudden? Like attractive and cute as girl, a possible love interest... Eh, this feeling will go away after I rest a bit, there's no way I would find my friends attractive in that way! Maybe cute... Yeah, she's such a cute friend, but attractive as a girl? Gosh, I must be really tired, good job Chanyeol, you worked so hard your thinking is off! Haha! Wow, this is a first, I didn't know I could work this hard! 
 
---
HyeRi's POV
 
Gosh... Why'd he have to look at me like that, in that state? I knew everyone thought he was attractive, but not me! I must really like basketball players! ... Well, this liking started today, but... I probably just realized today! It's because I never paid attention to guys who play basketball well, I never knew I was attracted to them! Wow... I'm learning more about myself everyday. 
 
---
 
I started to walk home, when... Of course, Chanyeol came with me. 
 
"HyeRi~!" He said with a big smile on his face. 
 
"... What...?" 
 
"You know your shyness?" 
 
"... O-of course I do." 
 
"I'll help you with it!" He looked towards me kindly. ... Why do I feel so ... happy? 
 
"... T-there's no need," I replied, although I felt like I wanted him to help me for some reason. 
 
"No, I will~! I'll make you as outgoing as me!" 
 
Seriously... 
 
"... That's impossible." I spoke the truth. 
 
"No it's not! I will!" He said before he went silent. "Hm... What to say... Ah! You know... I realized earlier in P.E... You're really cute!" Chanyeol exclaimed. 
 
... What?! It felt like my face would burn off any second.
 
"... Y-you're crazy..." I'm not cute... 
 
"No, I'm serious! You're so cute! You're the cutest friend I have~! And they're all pretty cute, like... Uh... Girls said Sehun was cute!" 
 
... Friend ... 
 
"... W-wow Chanyeol... I..." I tried to get the words out so I wouldn't ruin our conversation. "I didn't know you were good at basketball and lying."  
 
"Aw~ I wasn't lying! ... HyeRi, you think I'm good at basketball? Thanks! ...Oh! That means you were watching me!" He said happily. Of course I was watching you... For some reason. My face felt even worse... Why was it so hot today? I looked away. 
 
"..." 
 
"HyeRi~! Come on, speak to me!" Chanyeol whined. Stop doing that! "Speaking is the first step to being outgoing!" 
 
"..." 
 
"HyeRi~! HyyeeRrrii~! Come on, let me help~!" He pouted. "Fine... I'll help you later!" ... Stop trying to be cute! 
 
... Cute?! 
 
... I'm still affected by P.E! That's it... He's not actually THAT attractive or cute... I just think that's because... 
 
W-well... It's just... 
 
...
 
I don't know... I really don't know. 
 
---
Annyeong~! First of all, Merry Christmas! Did you have an awesome time? I did~! ^^ Ok... My chapters aren't getting any longer... I'm sorry!! >__< and... Is this story moving too slowly/quickly? I don't know what I'm doing... *Sigh* Oh yeah, for the first time it's Chanyeol's POV too, yay! Lol xD Oh gosh, I made them both very... Confused and clueless... 
 
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^^