Do You Like Kyungsoo Hyung?

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

Warning: There will be Kaido/soo in this fic, but it'll only be minor. Also, I totally changed Kai's character... Sorry if you liked his character in the previous chapters... 
 
Enjoy~! ^^
 
---
 
HyeRi's POV 
 
It was Sunday night. I was at home laying in bed after finishing my homework. I really think I'm going crazy. Why would I think I like someone so loud and talkative? Someone who is TOO happy ALL the time. No, I don't like him! I can't and I won't! 
 
... 
 
I don't like him... Right? 
 
I'm... I'm sure I don't I don't like him...! 
 
...
 
No, no! I just met him! No... 
 
Oh gosh... 
 
I'm not sure if I don't... I'm really not. When did this happen? 
 
... Why did this happen? 
 
I continued to think of that for hours, I continued to deny it. I'm crazy, I can't like one of the most popular guys at our school! I don't! Someone like that wouldn't possibly return any feelings to someone like me... Oh gosh. I bound to be heartbroken if I do! HyeRi-ah you don't like that guy, right? Right? 
 
... 
 
HyeRi... Please, you can like anyone but him... Y... You can't like him... 
 
...
 
... Oh no... 
 
 I do like him... 
 
No... It- It's okay, I'll... I'll stop myself! Y-yeah, from falling too deep. That can't be that hard, I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake...! I felt myself getting sleepier by the second. Fighting... HyeRi...! And with that thought I drifted to sleep. 
 
--- 
Chanyeol's POV 
 
"Hey, HyeRi!" I called out to her as I waved. She looked at me and... Walked passed me without a word. Why? I was puzzled. I knew she didn't like speaking to others, but she just... Ignored me completely. For the first time... Why do I feel so... Hurt? It's not the first time this has happened to me, many have ignored me... Well... She talk to you eventually! I tried to cheer myself up. I walked to class, trying to forget what happened, it wasn't a big deal anyway. 
 
--- 
HyeRi's POV 
 
Why'd it feel so terrible to ignore him? I wouldn't have cared just last week... Gosh... I hate this. I hate liking someone like him, it's horrible... Why'd this happen to me? He's too popular and on top of that, he considers me as only a friend. He's said it many times, I know I'm not misunderstanding. Maybe I shouldn't ignore him and...
 
... Snap out of it! This was your plan and you're going to stick with it HyeRi! ... But if it's like this, it's going to be harder than I thought. 
 
---
 
Why was this happening to me?! 
 
I had pleaded Eunhye to let me eat somewhere else, but before I knew it, I felt myself being pulled over to the table. She dragged me over to THEIR table. She dragged me. You don't know how incredibly strong she was. Well, only compared to me and the rest of the female students (and a few male). Yeah, she looked weak and fragile, but she wasn't. I felt her push me down onto the bench and hold me there until I stopped struggling. There was no use to trying to get away... I unwillingly got out my lunch and sat there, avoiding everyone's gazes.  
 
"HyeRi, why are you so quiet today?" Kyungsoo asked politely after a long period of silence from me. 
 
"E-eh?" I was surprised someone was actually directing a sentence to me. Everyone else was lost in their own conversations. "O-oh, no reason..." I quietly and simply answered. 
 
"Hm... Well then, lets start a conversation of our own," Kyungsoo suggested. "What do you like?" 
 
What, a conversation?! Why?! ... I don't know! Uh... Think of something fast HyeRi! 
 
"... Plants?" I whispered. 
 
Plants?! Really HyeRi? Are you an idiot or someth-
 
"Really? I love plants too! What's your favorite kind?" 
 
... What? He... He loves plants? Well, I learned something new...
 
 "U-Uh... Well... I like... Plants..." I replied unsurely, my sentence getting lower in volume each word. 
 
He looked at me as if he was expecting me to go on. 
 
"Y-yeah... I... I e-especially like... Um... Uh... I forgot..." I nervously trailed off. I had no idea what to say, at all. Although I did like plants and I thought they were quite beautiful, I didn't have a large interest in them. 
 
"Well, I like cacti... Do you?" Kyungsoo asked. 
 
"S-sure...?" I replied quietly. "I... I m-mean y-yes! I do like c-cacti!" I then said a little too loudly. I covered my mouth with both my hands and dropped my head to the table in embarrassment. 
 
I'm an idiot... 
 
Kyungsoo started to laugh, "Don't be embarrassed! At least I know you can actually speak in a normal volume voice." Was I really that bad? "Anyways, it's nice to know we share a same interest! I'm raising one at home, would you like to come over and see it today?" 
 
... Is he crazy?! Who suddenly invites someone over?! 
 
"I... I d-don't have... my phone! To call m-my parents...!" I managed to get out. 
 
"Don't worry, I'll call them! I have my phone in my backpack," he replied. 
 
"... I don't remember their number...!" 
 
"I do!" I turned to the voice... Eunhye, I hate you. 
 
"Great! See? Now you can tell them!" 
 
"I-I think we're busy!" I  tried to think of any excuse I could. 
 
"Liar, I visited this morning and asked your parents if we could hang out, you're free! We can always hang out and I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind you going over to his house if you just called," Eunhye quickly replied. 
 
She's purposely ruining my excuses... Remind me to kill her. 
 
"Yay, that's perfect! I'll see you after school!" Kyungsoo said as he packed his stuff to leave. I couldn't even say anything anymore. It was almost time for the end of lunch and the start of that dreaded time. This time I knew I'd hate it this time even more. 
 
--- 
Chanyeol's POV
 
Why is she being so friendly with Kyungsoo, but ignoring me? I don't understand her! I really don't! And... Since when was she close to Kyungsoo anyway?! Last time I checked she could barely utter a word to anybody, but now she was having a full on conversation with him. 
 
... It's okay Chanyeol. Geez, you sound like an overprotective boyfriend! H-haha, but that's impossible because I'm not in love with her nor is she in love with me. I'm an... Overprotective friend! Yeah, just... Jealous that she was getting closer to someone else. Aigoo Chanyeol, it's just Kyungsoo! I told her I was going to help her shyness and that means she'll have to gain friends! I can't believe I was jealous over her gaining trust in her new friends! Get your head together, you've been being ridiculous recently Chanyeol! 
 
--- 
Hyeri's POV 
 
I tried my hardest not to look at him, not even spare him a glance, but it was harder than I had originally thought. I have to get over him soon or I'll being doing this for the rest of the school year! 
 
"HyeRi!" Oh gosh, ignore him. I tried to hide my face and quicken my steps. 
 
"HyeRi-ah, stop walking so fast!" Chanyeol called out. 
 
 I picked up my pace.
 
"Stop~!" He whined. 
 
I'll stop when you stop following me! I didn't know it'd be this hard to ignore him... 
 
He grabbed the back of my shirt, finally catching up to me after a short period of ten seconds. Darn those longs legs of his. "Stop avoiding me!" 
 
"..."
 
"HyeRi, seriously! At least speak to me once!" 
 
"..." 
 
"Come on, it's going to be hard making you as outgoing as me if you don't even say a word to me! You'll be as popular as I am once we're done, if we could just start," He said. 
 
... I don't want to be popular and I don't need to be. Gosh, why is he trying so hard? He's trying really hard to get me to reply and I'm trying really hard not to. But... he's makes it very difficult to do so. 
 
"Please speak..."
 
I sighed. I give up... "H-hi..."
 
His face visibly lightened up. "HyeRi-ah~! Why were you ignoring me?"
 
"... N-no reason." I have mixed feelings. I feel shy, but really happy that he's speaking to me. I feel like I should push him away, but like it when his focus is on me. 
 
"Don't lie! ... But I know you won't tell me, so... Ah! HyeRi, are you busy this weekend?" 
 
... I don't think so ... 
 
"N-no?" I replied, not understanding why he was asking. 
 
"Let's hang out together!" Chanyeol replied. 
 
"W-What? Why...?" Why do I stutter so much?! 
 
"Don't you want to? It'll be fun! We can just enjoy going somewhere together as friends!" He explained. 
 
Friends... 
 
"Well, if you feel uncomfortable with me I could invite the others like Baekhyun or Jongin," he continued. "Although I'm not sure if Jongin will accept the offer..." 
 
"... N-no, it's fine..." I replied after a while of thinking. "... L-let's go, I guess." 
 
"Really?! Did Kim HyeRi just accept my invitation to hang out? I must be dreaming!" He said half celebrating, half teasing. 
 
I tried to not to smile and the teacher came in. I quickly looked away still hearing his happy voice ring in my head. 
 
--- 
 
"Hey, you!" A voice yelled. It actually sounded really familiar.
 
No... It couldn't be. 
 
I turned around to see Jongin standing there. Kim Jongin. He must be calling someone else. "Hey HyeRi, I don't have all day." 
 
He was talking to me?! 
 
I was so shocked I didn't care that he rudely called out to me, not even adding 'noona' or 'ssi' to the end of my name. I slowly walked over to him, still puzzled on why he wanted to speak to me. Didn't he hate me? 
 
"Do you like Kyungsoo hyung?" He bluntly stated. What?! 
 
"... What?! No!" I blurted out. I quickly shut my mouth. "... N-not that he's unattractive or a-anything..." I whispered. 
 
There was a silence, that I surprising decided to break. "... E-excuse me Jongin-ssi, but why did you call me over here to speak about t-this?" I managed to get out in one go. 
 
"... Good." 
 
... What? What's good? 
 
He suddenly let out a big sigh of relief. "Gosh, I thought you liked him or something! I'm so glad, I thought I had competition and on top of that a girl. Kyungsoo hyung would never pick me then! ..." He continued to ramble on. 
 
... Wait. 
 
WHAT?! 
 
"YOU LIKE KYUNGSOO?!" I yelled out. 
 
"And you can scream?!" He said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. "Geez, don't blurt it out to the world." 
 
I realized what I had done and quickly hid my face. "S-sorry... I-I was just surprised... With a-all those girls surrounding you, I thought-" 
 
He sighed. "It's fine... But I have another question to ask you." 
 
I looked up in surprise. 
 
"What should I do about this?" 
 
What?! Was Kim Jongin actually asking me that? And... Why was he asking me for advice?! I don't even know what to do with my crush right now! 
 
"You must know something... I mean you like Chanyeol hyung and..." 
 
"W-wait... HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" I asked loudly, but immediately regretted it. My face started to heat up, but at least it wasn't as bad as it was with Chanyeol. 
 
"Well, you do right? It was pretty obvious you either liked Kyungsoo hyung or Chanyeol hyung, and you said you didn't like Kyungsoo hyung, so..." Jongin explained. 
 
My face burned up even more. This was so embarrassing. "... W-was it that obvious...?" 
 
"Yeah, it was... But back to my problem... I'm a guy and I like him... I had no idea what to do and I had no one to ask, and since you like someone too and you're a girl, I was hoping you could... I don't know... Help...?"  
 
"... Wait... Why does it matter that you're a guy?" I asked, confused. 
 
"... Are you serious? ... Kyungsoo hyung is a guy..." 
 
I nodded, still not getting the point. 
 
"... And I'm a guy..." 
 
"Yes, I know you two are guys, you guys aren't girls," I replied, getting more comfortable with him. 
 
"... You don't see anything weird about that?" 
 
I thought for a while. 
 
"... Nope." 
 
He sighed. "Never mind... Can you please help me at least a little bit?"
 
How do I help someone with this kind of problem? Well, if he wants to look good in front of him... Oh! 
 
"Well... First of all you should stop being so... cold and rude," I hesitantly replied, not wanting to offend him. I didn't stutter! I was actually starting to get comfortable talking to him! 
 
He's eyes widened. He started to freak out, "Oh my gosh, am I really THAT cold and rude?!" 
 
Whoa, the heck happened to him?! 
 
I continued despise the fact that his personality turned a whole 180, "... Yeah, you kind of... Act like a jerk?" 
 
"Oh my gosh, a jerk? Is that why Kyungsoo hyung doesn't like me?! Do you think so? Does he hate me? What do I do?!" Jongin started to go on and on with his worries. 
 
Okay, seriously. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE COLD JERK JONGIN?! 
 
"... I'm sure he doesn't hate you..." I said awkwardly, putting an end to his list of worries. 
 
"Really?!" He looked at me hopefully. 
 
"... Okay, I thought you hated me, what the heck happened to you?!" I finally asked. 
 
"What? ...Is it because I was a total jerk?! I thought you liked Kyungsoo hyung and... I'm sorry noona!" He bowed his head down. Okay, this was going to take some time to get used to... 
 
He was actually kind of... Cute. Not as cute as Chanyeol though- THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT HIM. 
 
"... It's fine, I'm just... Surprised." 
 
"Do I really change into a jerk around you guys?" He asked with wide eyes. 
 
"Yeah... You should act natural and... He'll be bound to fall for you!" I said. 
 
"... Are you sure?" 
 
"Y-yeah! I'm totally sure!"
 
What am I saying?! I don't even know what I'm doing, yet I'm guaranteeing him success. I don't know the heck I'll say to him if he's rejected... 
 
"Thank you so much, noona~!" He hugged me. I stood there flustered, not knowing what to do. I also felt bad... I gave him an unsure answer and I was most definitely not sure about it, yet here he was thanking me. 
 
"If you help me, I'll help you too! I'm sure Chanyeol hyung will fall for you too!" Jongin encouraged me. 
 
"O-okay..." I replied awkwardly. This new Jongin was... 
 
"We made a deal, okay?" He replied cutely. 
 
Okay... This was going to take a VERY long time to get used to. 
 
---
Hello, it's Yena815~! ^^ Is this chapter a little longer? Lol xD Okay, so I added Kaido, what do you think? Also... Kai... What did I do to you?! 
 
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed~ ^^!