I'm dating... Jongin?!

I'm Only Shy on the Outside!

 

 
 
JongIn's POV
 
Well... This was awkward...
 
We sat there in silence, both not knowing what to say. 
 
At least there was conversation when HyeRi was here! Where the heck did she go?! 
 
I guess I'll ask her at school... Was she trying to help? It wasn't working... Well, I guess that's our faults. 
 
I ate some more fruit awkwardly, glancing at Kyungsoo hyung who continued to do his work. The fruit disappeared one by one as the plate was slowly being cleared. He still continued to do homework. 
 
I sighed and wiped my hands. This was getting nowhere. 
 
"Well... I'll go then. Bye hyung," I said, not wanting to leave but not knowing what else to do. 
 
"Eh? Oh... Um... Do you want me to walk you home?" Kyungsoo offered.
 
"No, I'll fine. Don't waste your time."
 
 Please insist. Okay... Well he's my crush, of course I'd still want him to insist. 
 
"Still... It's not a waste" 
 
"I'm not a girl, hyung! I can walk home by myself," I replied, slightly laughing. Although I did want him to walk me home, I denied his offer. I mean, he didn't like me,  it was a waste of time... But I still hoped he would. Who wouldn't want their crush taking them home? 
 
"I know you're not but... I-I have nothing else to do and I'm bored, I might as well just walk you home!" He replied. 
 
Oh... So he's just bored... 
 
That's all... 
 
"... Okay," I accepted his offer, slightly disappointed. 
 
Okay... Very disappointed. 
 
"Um... Lets go." 
 
---
HyeRi's POV
 
"Well... U-uh... Bye," I said to Chanyeol when we arrive at my house. 
 
"Yeah, see you at school!" He said and just left.
 
 I watched him as he walked away and slowly disappeared in the distance. 
 
... He just left. 
 
But then again, what did I expect?
 
I sighed and walked inside.  
 
--- 
 
I sat in Jung seonsaengnim's classroom as he began to explain the next history project. He just loves to give out the projects that I hate so much. Thank you Jung seonsaengnim. I continued to sit in my seat, blocking out all his words. 
 
"... This project will be done in partners," Jung seonsaengnim continued. "I will now read off the list of the partners for this project." 
 
PARTNERS?! Now my ears picked up that word. Please don't tell me I'm with someone like- 
 
"Kim HyeRi and Byun Baekhyun," he called out then continued with the rest of the pairs. 
 
Wait... Baekhyun was in our class? 
 
I looked around and there he was, in the back corner, Byun Baekhyun. 
 
Well, at least it's only him. 
 
"You will be doing this on your own time, so I recommend you do this at one of your houses." 
 
What?! 
 
---
 
Eunhye's POV 
 
I walk over to the lunch tables and watched as the same people tried to discreetly glance at each other. I sighed. 
 
Why can't those idiots just realize already?
 
Yes, I'm talking about the four idiots I call friends: my best friend HyeRi and Chanyeol... Along with Jongin and Kyungsoo. 
 
Well... From what I see, Jongin personality change must mean he already knows and HyeRi must have realized. There was no way she would randomly stare at a guy for no reason. 
 
I didn't really care that she didn't tell me, I would've figured it out anyways. 
 
So...  Actually the two main idiots were Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. It was frustrating to watch them everyday glancing, but apparently still not realizing their crushes. Oh my god. 
 
No offense to them, but gosh those four are SLOW. Seriously. Don't you think they would've realized it by now?
 
Although, maybe I shouldn't be talking after all I do like- 
 
Okay, enough of my rant. 
 
I continued to eat in silence as I watched the others. I had nothing better to do and it was actually pretty entertaining to listen to the rest of the conversations at the table, even if I didn't participate in them. There were multiple going on at a time, but I managed to pick out some parts of each of their conversations. They probably wouldn't mind me ease dropping, I mean they were at the same table, how could I not hear them from a couple feet away?
 
"Eunhye noona?" 
 
"E-eh?" I was caught off guard. "Oh, Sehun... What's wrong?" 
 
"Nothing, but why are you so quiet today?" Sehun asked, curious. 
 
"Am I? Well... I don't know. There's... just nothing to say," I replied simply. 
 
"Oh... Well..." Then the bell rang. "Bye noona~!" Sehun said as he started to walk off. 
 
"B-bye..." I call out, awkwardly waving my hand although he was already looking the other away. 
 
---
Hyeri's POV
 
"HyeRi, when are you available?" Baekhyun asked. 
 
"... For what?"
 
"Our project! Don't tell me you forgot already."
 
"O-oh! Of course I knew it was about the project...! S-so... Uh... Today? Tomorrow? Any day is fine actually," I replied. 
 
"Really? Okay, I'm free today, but not tomorrow or the day after so... How about today? My house or yours?" Baekhyun said. 
 
"M-mine? Yours? It doesn't matter..." 
 
"Okay, well... I'm not sure if my parents will be home, so yours?" 
 
"Sure." 
 
---
 
"HyeRi-ah!" Eunhye called out.
 
"Hi," I replied. 
 
"Can I come over?" Eunhye asked. "We haven't been to each others houses in a while!"
 
"Sure- wait. Baekhyun's coming over for the history project..." 
 
"Thats fine!" Eunhye replied. "History project? The one for Jung seonsaengnim? God, I hate his projects. Wait... Baekhyun's your partner? Lucky! I got paired up with Taemin..." 
 
"Are you sure?" I asked. "And... What's wrong with Taemin? Last time I checked he didn't seem like a jerk or anything... He didn't seem stupid either." 
 
Eunhye laughed. "That has nothing to so with it. Taemin's smart, but he's too... Hyper. He's like a child you have to take care of constantly."
 
"Oh... Well, fighting!" I replied, slightly smiling. "So... Lets go meet up with Baekhyun." 
 
"Okay!" 
 
---
 
"Umma, appa I'm home! Oh, and I brought some friends!" I yelled. 
 
"Friends?!" my mom came out from the kitchen. "Omo, who's this?" 
 
"Mom, it's just Baekhyun, we're doing a project together." 
 
"Since when did you have such a good looking friend? Actually, since when did you make new friends? Why did you tell me? Is he your boy-"  
 
I cut her off. "Mom! Stop asking so many questions! We're going up stairs!" I called out, pushing Eunhye and Baekhyun upstairs. 
 
--- 
 
"Well, your mom is nice," Baekhyun said. 
 
"Aha... Yeah... I guess," I replied awkwardly. 
 
"Well, lets get started... Actually, where's the bathroom?" 
 
"Oh, it's right next door," I replied.
 
"Thanks, I'll be back."
 
---
 
"So HyeRi," Eunhye said as Baekhyun left. "Why didn't you tell me you liked Chanyeol?"
 
"... WHAT?! You knew?!"
 
She rolled her eyes, "Of course I did, I'm your best friend who knows everything about you." 
 
"Well..." I suddenly became slightly embarrassed because the subject of Chanyeol came up. "I do, but he doesn't like me back..."
 
Eunhye sighed loudly and opened to speak, but immediately shut it. Then began to speak, "Do you want him to like you? I'll help you."
 
"R-really?! Eunhye, thank you!" I said, happy that someone else besides Jongin was willing to help. "How will you help?" 
 
"Well, tell me what you think we should do something about." 
 
"Well, let's see, he doesn't like me so obviously there's a reason. Maybe he doesn't like my personality? Appearance?" 
 
"I don't know, in my opinion you're fine. What do you think?" Eunhye replied.
 
"I don't know!" I whined loudly. "I really don't..." 
 
Then Baekhyun walked into the room. 
 
"Ah Baekhyun... Lets start on the project!" 
 
"Okay, so... I'll look through the textbook, you can look online," he instructed. 
 
"Okay," I replied as I grabbed my laptop off my desk.  
 
"What do I do?" Eunhye asked. 
 
"I don't know... You're the one that insisted on coming when you knew we had a project to do," I replied. "Find something to do."
 
"HyeRi!" Eunhye pouted. I continued to do my work. "HyeRi, I'm bored." 
 
I sighed. "And we have a project to do." 
 
"How about we go out and do something and then come back and start the project? That way both of you will be happy," Baekhyun suggested. 
 
"No, we need-" 
 
"Okay!" Eunhye cut me off happily. 
 
"Fine..."
 
"Lets go to the park!"
 
--- 
 
We made our way to the nearest park on Eunhye's command.
 
"Go get ice cream for me!" Eunhye ordered like a little kid. 
 
"Why? Go get it yourself." Eunhye ignored me and continued to whine. 
 
"Lets just go get some HyeRi," Baekhyun said. 
 
"Fine..."
 
Baekhyun and I went to get ice cream for Eunhye as she ran around the park. Gosh, that immature little kid. If only she wasn't stronger than me... 
 
"We're here. What do you want?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Eh? Oh... Anything."
 
"Okay, you'll have chocolate."
 
I didn't reply and looked around as I stood by him. 
 
"HyeRi, what are you doing?" I heard someone scream at me. 
 
Who was screaming at me? 
 
I looked towards the direction of the voice and saw Kyungsoo. Why was he screaming at me? What was I doing? 
 
"HyeRi, you can't do this!" Kyungsoo said. 
 
... Do what? 
 
"I thought you were dating Jongin, why are you on a date with Baekhyun?!" Kyungsoo shouted. 
 
Wait... 
 
SINCE WHEN WAS I DATING JONGIN?!
 
I turned to Baekhyun who had a stunned facial expression on. He understands the situation, right? That Kyungsoo is misunderstanding and I'm not dating-  
 
"You're dating Jongin?!" 
 
WHAT?! 
 
---
 
Hi~! ^^ Finally done with the chapter! =___=
 
Hope it's okay! ^^