Chapter 3

Lycoris P

At home I did my homework and took a nap. I was woken up by grandma for dinner. ‘So how was your day dear?’

 

‘Fine. The new neighbor is kind a annoying. He stared at me the whole day but don’t worry I will be fine. ’

 

‘I am not worried. I hope you finally find yourself a real boyfriend.’

 

‘Halmeoni Myungsoo is real! In fact tonight I will dance on the stage and will finally talk with him!’

 

‘I am happy for you dear. But take a picture of him for me, will you?’

 

‘Yes, I will. Love you halmeoni.’

 

‘Love you too dear. I am going out.’ I have un outgoing grandma, cool right?

 

I went to my room and played my favorite playlist while dressing. I put on my black jeans, a purple turtle neck with transparent sleeves and a leather jacket. Lifted my hair on a high ponytail and pulled out of the closet black boots with platform, which were over fifteen centimeters. While I was putting on my eyeliner Nikka Costa - Ching Ching Ching started (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u75T2ikbFj4). I started dancing to the music singing along. After one spin I found myself in front the balcony door which was right against the neighbor’s balcony. Guess who was sitting there. If you guessed Zico then you are right congratulations! I quickly pulled on the curtains.

 

‘You dance great!’ I heard him yell.

 

I took my phone and keys and started to get out but turned around to take last look at my room. I alone painted walls. In the beginning they were pure black but then I started to paint things on them. Everything had its proper place. I had a desk on which stood the laptop. There sat my books and books that I had allowed myself to buy or that I took home from the library. I had a wardrobe that had become part of a flower, one part was on the wall behind him and another on it. It was full to the brim and not just with clothes, there I was holding textbooks and blankets, and sometimes myself. What can I say I think the better way. Between the closet and my lovely dark purple bath stood written in elegant lettering, the word Lycoris. Against it was the bed and the balcony window which was now drawn by heavy dark purple curtains.

 

I went out of the room, down the stairs and out the house. Just when I had walked through the front gate my phone rang. ’Crinum, ani L. We need to talk. Leader to leader. ’ said Taehyun.

 

‘Ok I am coming.’ I said and hung up just when Joonhee’s car pulled up. It was a big car for total nine people but there were only five. ‘Where are Tammy and Yeonji?’

 

‘At Radiata she didn’t let them come.’ Said Nana. Radiata was Taehyun’s nickname. It meant red spider lily.

 

‘Since you mentioned her. We are going first to the restaurant.’ No one complained and we headed to the den.

 

That is how Taehyun called our hideout. It was actually a basement. We had a flower shop though. You would wonder why we gather here in this case then. It's simple, shop had been open for five months, and the band existed for... let’s just say a long time for naw. A year ago the restaurant was just an empty building and we gathered in the basement. But then a rich man bought the building for his son. Taehyun had to go and beg him to allow us to gather here because all our things were here, and somehow she had only this little basement to which we could go only if go through the restaurant. You see, Taehyun was an orphan like me and the only thing she had here was the den. She had gone through many things that had made her feminist. One of these was a and she now looked suspiciously and distrustful of each one male being. Even for the rich man's son- Bang Yongguk, who spoke up for her and persuaded his father to let her use the room. She was provided of course, to become a chef in the restaurant. It hovered pretty as the rest of the staff was entirely of boys, but agreed when Yona her right hand joining in the bid.

 

Yona was the only one who dared to talk back to Taehyun. They are like glued. Both were the same years and had spent half their life together. Yona was our Lycoris rosea -deep pink spider lily. She is the tallest and has light hair that reaches her . Physically she was the exact opposite of Taehyun. She was somehow the mother of the group, always ready to help you, to laugh, to raise spirits and yet when one of us was in danger she turns into a lioness.

 

Unfortunately, she was a feminist to end. I do not know details, but as far as I've heard from others it is associated with a painful parting with a boy. Definitely do not want to ask because, despite its beauty Yona is awfully loud when you get her angry or upset and the feeling is like you are standing up to speaker of a huge concert. Each of us thirteen, including Taehyun, had tested her fury. Another bad thing in her is that she drinks like a fish.

 

Her ex works somewhere close to the restaurant and each time she sees him with a new girl she finds a drunk buddy and gets drunk. I have heard from the others that she had slept with Himchan in that condition a few times and after that had blamed him for taking advantage of her. I can only say that those two have one strange relationship.

 

Come to think of it they should be my next project. You see I had made an animated bunny for all B.A.P and had drawn Yongguk’s bunny holding a red spider lily on one of the walls of the restaurant. Taehyun was furious! We pulled to the mentioned wall and I smiled. I jumped out of the car and walked inside the restaurant. I sliped through the round tables. I loved this place, everything in it from the black velor carpet in white tablecloths, curtains and even the big and old candlesticks. The kitchen was always filled with the most delicious flavor.

 

‘Radiata is waiting downstairs!’ said Himchan putting aside a ready dish.

 

‘OK.’ I crossed the kitchen and came to the refrigerator. It was a big room full of shelves with food. There, behind one of them was a door that led to the lair. There in front the stairs was standing Taehyun.

 

‘Girls’ generation have been spotted near our territory.’

 

‘I bet so have Block B because their leader moved next door.’ She looked at me stunned.

 

‘They don’t matter. We are not at war with them. Are you going out?’ I nodded. ‘Be careful. Don’t get caught. If you get in an argument with an enemy prove your point.’

 

‘Don’t worry Taehyun noona. Every ting will be alright we are going only so I can finally talk with my oppa.’ She made a face. ‘I know what do you think of the male part of the humanity but it’s a fact that right now you are playing with The Llily.’ The Lily was a little silver spider lily on a silver chain which blossoms were red stones. Yongguk had given it to her. Yona told me how on her last birthday he gave her The Lily. He gave it to her when we walked from the party for her birthday, which he organized again. Yona said he left it at a table before her eyes in a red suede box. I bet that Taehyun had been sitting on at least three meters away from him. She is terribly paranoid.

 

‘That is a habit. And don’t call me noona! Act like a girl!’ She yelled.

 

‘It always hangs on your neck. No wonder it is a habit.’ I teased while going slowly up the stairs.

 

‘YAH! L!’ now I was running up the stairs shouting: ‘I love you too!’ I didn’t hear if she laughed or yelled again because I was already out.

 

‘Did you make her angry again?’ asked Himchan. I nodded and ran out at full speed.

 

Of course I stopped in front Yongguk and bowed saying: ’Annyeonghaseyo!’ After that I ran again, jumped in the car.

 

‘Go! I made Radiata angry.’ Rest of the girls laughed and we took off.

 

We parked at a club in our territory and walked in. Club was full with people. The stage at the end was washed in purple and blue neon lights. I held my breath. Soon I would be standing on the stage in front me and I would be dancing. Ha! Look at me- big scary leader of Lycoris P afraid to dance in front public.

 

‘Ready L?’ asked Sohee and I nodded. What the hell let’s do it!

 

‘Chicks and dudes, welcome three beautiful flowers from Lycoris P! Leader Crinum with Hydrangea and Viscoria!’ the DJ introduced us as we stepped on the stage taking our places. Hydrangea was Sohee and Viscoria- Yoon. Taehyun had let the girls to pick their own nicknames. Sohee’s nickname means heartlessness. She picked it because when it gets down to beating someone or “proving a point”- that’s how Taehyun calls it- she is pretty much heartless. Yoon’s nickname means invitation to dance. She picked it with our help. We were searching for something like dancing queen but didn’t find. This one was close enough.

 

The song started (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXy0m-4bvE). I haven’t had heard the song until we started practicing but I started liking it. The choreography was kind a simple in the beginning but in the dance break we did some pretty hard things. (you can imagine Nu’est’s dance) We finished with something Nana learned me. I did a back flip than bend my back like a bridge and finished with splits. I have no idea what Sohee and Yoon did I was too focused on not slipping and embracing myself in front my oppa. When I looked at the crowd I saw that they were wildly cheering. I guess we did well.

 

We got off the stage and I went to search for Nana. She was standing aside near the VIP box. ‘My moves won you the crowd.’ She announced and I laughed.

 

The two of us started dancing there. What can I say? Our moves need room. Soon we both were, like Yoon says, “in the zone”. Despite being on so high heels I moved skillfully but I bet from safe side seemed as I was about to fall. I moved my waist along the way I have learned in the states. Beside me Nana was doing crazy plastic dancing and to me she looked like dancing royal cobra.

 

The song switched to Sean Paul- Give It Up To Me. I grabbed Nana’s hand and pulled her from her trance. Long ago we had done a dance for the song and now me and Nana were dancing it. Soon we found ourselves in a circle of people who were watching and clapping. The rest of the girls joined us. I was kind a surprised that we all remembered it so well and that we synchronized so quickly.

 

‘Let me hear you for the Lycoris chicks!’ welled the DJ and the crowd cheered. ‘Now put your hands up for Infinite!’

 

‘OPPA!’ I yelled. I am usually not the type of girl to yell like that or do stupid aegyo but for Kim Myungsoo I will always! I repeat only for him! I really like him. Though in the beginning I didn’t because his nickname is too L but time changes things. I just started to move towards the stage when my phone started vibrating. I looked at the screen it was Tara our Lycoris traubii, yellow spider lily. She was our hacker, had brown hair that had bright yellow highlights. She had pale skin, the kind that results in lack of light and dark eyes. I picked up. ‘Is this important? Infinite are on the stage!’

 

It is important. Alba traced Girls’ Generation.’ Alba was our Lyciris albiflora and younger sister of Yona. Both look alike, except that Alba was not so high. I sighted.

 

‘Where are they?’

 

Somewhere in the club.

 

‘What?! They dare to get in to our territory?! OK Tara I will handle it.’

 

Don’t get caught!’ she yelled before I hung up. I waved my hand to getter the girls. When they got to me I explained the situation. ‘So look around for them. If you find even one call me and the rest.’ They nodded and we split up. I had made only three steps when someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around and I came face to face with Zico.