Chapter 1

Lycoris P

So I think this is my story then.

 

By day I live with my grandma and work at a flower shop. In school I try to stay out of trouble. But by night I am a part of Lycoris’ maknae line. This is an all girls gang running in this part of the town. We all have nicknames for example mine is Crinum wile my real name is Kim Lijung but everyone usually calls me L. The nickname is a kind of a flower- purple spider lily. The name Lycoris itself means spider lily. It is more famous in China and Japan as ominous flowers that grow in Diyu, or Higanbana, it guides the dead into the next reincarnation. The bulbs of one specific kind- Lycoris radiata are very poisonous. In the gang only seven of us have a nickname connected to the flower. That is because we are the founders of the gang. Thanks to this I can say that for a week now I had the privilege to lead the six new girls turning us to Lycoris P, for purple. While the rest become Lycoris R, for red.

The alarm in my phone rang for the third time. That was, no more lying around and thinking in bed. I should get up now otherwise I would have to miss the first lesson. So I threw my black blanket with red spider lilies and got out of bed. I dressed in my uniform and went downstairs. ‘Morning halmeoni! ’ I said hugging her.

‘Morning Lijung.’

‘ Halmeoni I told you to not call me that! I don’t want people to know my real name!’

‘There is no one here except us dear.’ I murmured one ‘I know’ and dug in my breakfast. ‘Is Nana coming to get you today?’

I slapped my forehead. She was in fact I had to wait for her on the front door. I jumped from the chair, hugged my grandma, took my bag and stomped out yelling. ‘Love you halmeoni!’ I opened the front door and nearly bumped in Nana. She was my best friend and new addition to Lycoris P. She was a really pretty girl but always complained that she wants my legs. I didn’t get it why because I didn’t like my legs. But I guess I am the same since I want her hair which was natural brown and always fluffy. She gave me a ‘hush!’ and pulled me down with her. Nana or Nayoung how was her real name was my best friend.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’

‘Tell you what?’

‘That the leader of Block B moved next door!’ she whisper shouted to me.

‘I didn’t know! Must have happened while we were out in the greenhouse.’ I stood up a little bit to take a look. I actually haven’t seen him in person only heard stories about him and Block B. ‘Which one is he?’

‘What do you mean ‘which one’? Don’t you know? ’

‘Well I don’t know him and I see seven guys Nan!’ I whisper shouted to her. She rolled her eyes and mouthed blond. I scanned them and spotted him. ‘Mhm he is kind a hot. Though now really my type.’ I stood up and pulled her with me. ‘I have seen cuter and hotter.’ I said sticking out my tongue at her showing of my piercing of a purple ball. I pulled het towards the front door.

‘Does your grandma know about this too?’

‘Of course she does! I tell her everything! Eoma died for…’ I shut up because Block B started coming out on the street. We tried to go without being noticed.

‘Hey neighbor!’ yelled Zico and I eyed him. ‘If you want you and your friend can take a picture it would be better than spying from the bushes.’ all Block B started laughing. I couldn’t take it and stuck my tongue at them. I quickly turned around and stomped foreword.

‘L you did just not do that! Are you out of your mind?!’

‘Are you seriously asking me that Nan? I am an artist! We are crazy! I actually think it is needed to be at least mad to be an artist.’

‘Oh shut up! Doing graffiti does not make you an artist!’

‘I don’t do only graffiti!’ I whined but then we both started laughing. We arrived at school. It was the first day of my last year. I spotted Tammy- the maknae from the originals. She is only barely sixteen but is with us from the start and she is the sister of our leader. Her nickname is Sprengeri and the flower has pink blossom with blue.

‘Unni!’ she yelled and ran to us.

‘Yah why so exited we haven’t seen each other for only eleven hours!’ said Nana.

‘Noona!’ someone yelled before Tammy could answer. We turned around to see Junhong or Zelo. He was in the same class as Tammy and was my neighbor. ‘Nunna why did you take off without me.’ Nana facepalmed herself.

‘I knew we were forgetting something!’

‘I am sorry Zelo we were too busy admiring Block B.’ I said glaring at Nana. ‘Did you know that their leader moved next house?’ he shook his head. ‘You too? Hum where were we? Oh wheat never mind I remembered.’

‘Yeah those last were though. But I am glad that it wasn’t me who was forgotten this time.’ She said laughing.

‘YAH!’ yelled Zelo and started chasing her around. I sometimes feel sorry for Tammy because she is the smallest we forget her often. But then I remember that she is actually a bad maknae that likes to make fun of her unnis. ’Sometimes I think the girl has too much swag for her own good.’ I said in English and Nana laughed. We went in our new room. Now look where one little burst of anger took us. We were moved in “the bad class” where was Block B. It was for students that used to get in fights.

‘We have new addition!’ Zico yelled when we stepped in the room late of course why be on time when you are thought of a delinquent. ’ Wha! You are the neighbor! What did you two do to be put here?’

‘Small fight.’ We both sad in union.

‘Small?’ asked the teacher going through my fail. ‘You send in a hospital three girls from a different school.’

‘They started first!’ yelled Nana and I stepped on her foot. ‘Oh! I mean we had a reason.’ I stepped harder.’ Oh I mean they waylaid us and tried to beat us! They even had knives!’ that was the story we told the police. The teacher nodded and pointed to us two empty seats right in the middle of the whole Block B. My seat was next Zico and behind another blond guy. Nana was in front a guy that looked like a cucumber and next a red-haired guy. Suddenly someone poked my arm. I turned to see Zico.

‘So what is the real story?’ I gave him a puzzled look. ‘Don’t pretend. OK fine at least tell me why were they waylaid you?’

I smirked ‘Because they felt threatened.’ I said and opened my notebook to draw. However, after ten minutes I had nearly gone insane because he kept staring at me. I sighted. This will be a long year.