Destroy You

Adonis and Aphrodite

Wu Fan pulls over in front of his house and sees a shivering Luhan. His little head is peeking over layers and layers of holiday scarves and Wu Fan snorts because he is just too amused. “Hurry up, Wu Fan! I’ve been waiting out here for almost two whole minutes!”

Wu Fan rolls his eyes, but eventually opens the door for him with the extra key underneath his welcome mat. “How could you of all people forget my secret key?”

Luhan rushes inside and plops himself on the couch posthaste. “Wu Fan, where have you been the past two days?”

“Out… no big deal,” Wu Fan slurs.

“Actually, yes big deal. Care to explain to me why you and Park Chanyeol were absent at the same time? Or is this some strange coincidence?”

“Coincidence. That one.”

Luhan scrunches his nose and grabs the stale -and possibly expired- bag of potato chips on Wu Fan’s coffee table. He stuffs five chips in his mouth before spitting them back into the bag and proceeding. “Sae Rin has been telling people you two are friends.”

“We’re not friends. It’s…” Wu Fan takes a second to think. “…complicated.”

“What is so complicated about it? You have a superiority complex with Chanyeol and Chanyeol rivals you with finance, academics, and girls. End of story.”

Wu Fan rocks on the balls of his feet before collapsing on the couch beside Luhan looking very much agitated.

Luhan pats him on the back before continuing. “…hey, you know. Word on the street is Sae Rin and Chanyeol broke up a few days ago.”

Wu Fan forces out a chuckle. “And so what?”

Luhan raises an eyebrow. “Here’s your chance to get her back. Have you finally come to the realization that you really aren’t interested in her at all? If not, go for her before they get back together.”

“They won’t get back together. If he has an even an ounce of self-respect, they definitely will not get back together.”

Luhan lies down next to him, grabbing the bag of chips he forgot he has already spat out, and stuffs another handful of chips into his mouth. “These are salty.” He continues to eat them and Wu Fan stares at him in repulsion. 

Luhan falls asleep on Wu Fan’s couch, as usual, so Wu Fan has to be the responsible one and call Luhan's mother to retrieve him. Wu Fan is far too exhausted to even complete his usual beauty regiment and decides to head to bed early. Unfortunately, he couldn’t sleep at all. “It’s quiet,” he mutters. All he could hear is the sound of tree branches scratching away at his window sill.

Wu Fan has always been accustomed to sleeping alone all his life. But lately, he’s been getting used to Chanyeol’s company. And it makes him feel extremely lonesome. He tosses and turns in bed with discomfort. He remembers the time when he and Chanyeol shared a bed. He fell asleep almost immediately that night.

Suddenly, Wu Fan hears footsteps. It’s faint, noise muffled by the distance, but Wu Fan doesn’t doubt himself in his initial instinct. “Luhan? Did you forget something?” he calls out.

Wu Fan pulls his blankets off of his body and starts walking down his stair case. At first, all he sees is a shadow. It couldn’t be Luhan, for the shadow looks far too elevated. “No…”

Wu Fan looks up and there stands Chanyeol wearing his favorite polka dot pajama set.  “H-hi, Wu Fan,” he breathes.

“Chanyeol, how did you get in here?”

“…key underneath the mat,” he laughs awkwardly and Wu Fan brings his palms to his face.

Wu Fan turns around to take a seat in his living room couch. He grabs the remote control off of his coffee table and starts flipping through channels. Chanyeol doesn’t know what to do so he walks over and hesitantly takes a seat next to him. He pulls off his wool sweater before speaking. “Wu Fan. I want to talk to you.”

“I don’t think you should be here, Chanyeol. Your grandmother would be worried.”

Chanyeol scoots a little closer. “I told her I’d stay here tonight.”

Wu Fan’s eyes bulge and his whole body jolts forward in panic. “Your grandmother knows you’re here? Does your mom know?!”

“No, my mom doesn’t know…I usually just tell my Granny and-”

Wu Fan grabs Chanyeol by the wrists, grabbing his sweater he threw beside him as well. “You have to go home this instant. You should not be here!”

“Wu Fan! What is going on? Why can’t I just talk with you for a second?”

“Park Chanyeol, this is my property and you are not allowed to just trespass on it.”

Chanyeol tries to struggle free, but Wu Fan persistently pulls him. Chanyeol couldn’t break free when he was in Wu Fan’s body so it’s infinitely difficult now that he’s back in his own body. “Wu Fan, what is going on? You’re acting strange. What did my mom say to you? She wasn’t acting like herself when she came back into the house.”

“That is none of your concern, Chanyeol.”

“It is of my concern, Wu Fan!”

Wu Fan stops walking and he pulls him closer by the wrist. His eyes are glistening in the dim lighting and Chanyeol swears that he is holding back tears. “Don’t start this again, Chanyeol…”

Chanyeol continues to scream, his voice echoing through the empty rooms. “Haven’t we been through a lot together, Wu Fan? Can’t you just be honest with me, please?!”

 “Chanyeol, you’re being delusional.”

“Why can’t you tell me? Am I nothing to you? You told me that you liked me… AM I DELUSIONAL ABOUT THAT TOO?”

When Wu Fan weakens his grip, Chanyeol breaks free. He steps closer, eyes not wavering from Wu Fan’s and speaks. “Tell me what is going on,” Chanyeol breathes, eagerness in his tone of voice.

Wu Fan widens his eyes, trying to keep his eyes from watering. “I…can’t. I can’t just do that to her.”

“Who… who is this her?”

Wu Fan exhales. He gestures Chanyeol to his couch with a wiggle of two fingers and they both sit down simultaneously. Wu Fan looks at anything but Chanyeol and Chanyeol grows more and more anxious watching his still silhouette.

“Your mother… she’s not your biological mother, am I correct?”

Chanyeol raises both eyebrows. “My real mom…died when she was giving birth.” He scoots in a little bit closer to Wu Fan. “How did you know?”

Wu Fan bites down hard on his bottom lip. Chanyeol has never seen Wu Fan so heart-stricken. Just the start of the day, he was ecstatic that he retained his body. Now, it’s a compete 180 and it frightens him.  

“Because she’s my biological mother.”

Chanyeol’s face remains blank. When it all finally absorbs, his face collapses into his hands in shock. Wu Fan doesn’t hesitate in continuing. In a strange way, he has always wanted to tell Chanyeol. In an almost sinister way, he has always wanted to reveal his knowledge to Chanyeol. Only in this way does Wu Fan feel relieved.

“I didn’t want to tell you because my…your mother didn’t want me to. So I never thought I would get the chance.”

“Wu Fan, you should have told me...”

“Trust me, Chanyeol. I wanted to. All my life, in fact. But it’s not what you think. I wanted to tell you, but not because I believed you had the right to know…”

Wu Fan takes a moment to recollect him before he continued.

 

“I wanted to tell you because I wanted to destroy you.”

 


This is the first time I updated this early but I JUST DIDN’T WANT YOU ALL TO FEEL TOO MUCH SUSPENSE. ASDFGHJK I’M SORRY I LEFT YOU HANGING AT SUCH A CRUCIAL PART OMG. Forgive me? :3 I can’t reveal everything yet but I was so scared you all may think this was an uous relationship! :o Hope this clarified some things! Bye bye for now, I can sleep well tonight!