Ambiguous Motives

Adonis and Aphrodite

Wu Fan is left speechless when he sees his mother at the door.  There’s an ambiguous expression on her face that only turns sour when she notices Wu Fan’s pants, ped slightly to expose his boxer briefs.

She gasps inaudibly before clearing . “Wu Fan. I would like to have a word with you.”

He only obeys her wishes and follows her outside his bedroom. He takes a second to look back at Chanyeol who is pointlessly hidden underneath all his bed sheets. Chanyeol rises from under the sheets looking terribly worried. Wu Fan nods in his direction, mouthing ‘It’s alright’ before closing the door shut.

Wu Fan follows her down the stairs and only hides his face in shame when he sees the mess Luhan and his guests have made. There are plastic cups, crinkled snacks, and Jongin’s abandoned clothes covering the floor they try to cross over. She sits down on the kitchen stool and he sits beside her. He only gulps because he feels as if he was getting lectured. Wu Fan hasn’t been lectured or punished for over ten years.  “Would you like something to eat?” he finally offers.

He scurries over to the refrigerator and opens it to find nothing but what he assumes to be an I.O.U. note from Luhan stating Dear Wu Fan, I ate everything. My bad. With love love love, Luhan.

He closes the refrigerator and coughs awkwardly. “Uhh… never mind.”

“Wu Fan. Sit down,” she directs and he follows suit. “I didn’t come to scold you, if that is what you’re thinking. I came to apologize.”

Wu Fan fumbles with his fingers, unsure of what to say. To be quite frank, he never thought this day would ever come. But then again, he never thought he’d fall in love with that rambunctious little rascal Park Chanyeol either. “I don’t expect you to forgive me,” she continued, “but I truly want to make amends.”

“Why?” Wu Fan finally speaks. “Why now?”

“…because Chanyeol said he loved you. And even if I was against it because of my own selfish and spineless pride, I know I cannot stop him from going after what he wants.” She lowers her head and smiles. “People change for the ones they love. You know?”

Wu Fan just smiles to himself. He does know. He knows the feeling far too well.

“Also. Chanyeol told me about how you tried to protect me. Thank you, Wu Fan. Thank you for still caring for me…even though I have wronged you so horribly.”

“I’m not mad,” he states clearly. “I’m…not mad.”

She reciprocates with a chuckle with eyes appearing watery under dim, fluorescent lighting. “You’ve become very mature. That makes me happy.”

“Not really. The only thing I’m actually serious about is my skin care regiment.”

“Oh, oh! Me too!” he mother yelps in surprise. “I have to exfoliate my face three times a day!”

“I know right? I try to get Chanyeol into the habit, but he doesn’t even appreciate the shea butter I always offer to him.”

“What kind of shea butter do you use? Is it effective?”

“It’s a relatively new brand. I’ll take you to the shops one day.”

“Will you do that for me? Thank you!” His mother ends up laughing and surprisingly, Wu Fan laughs beside her. “You really are my son,” she mutters under her breath. “It saddens me that there is nothing I can do to amend for all the hardships I have caused you.

Wu Fan hears it and feels his eyes tearing up themselves. He suppresses them and clears his throat with a cough. “There is one thing.”

She looks up at him with wide eyes and a curious expression. “What is it?”

It’s hard for him to face her, but he forces his neck forward and inhales deeply. “Give me Chanyeol.”

“Wu Fan…”

“I’m serious. I have money. I can buy him from you.”

His mother ends up laughing. She holds her stomach because it hurts so much from all the humor he has bestowed upon her. Wu Fan laughs along too, but he doesn’t tell her that he definitely was not joking.

She wipes away a tear when she stops her laughing. “You can have him.”

“S-seriously?”

“But Chanyeol is a hand full, you know.”

“Yes I know.”

“And he’s too easily influenced too. So no more of these,” she says as she points to the messiness that is Wu Fan’s home. He lowers his head in shame when she finds a leopard print, banana hammock on the floor. “That’s not mine, I swear.”

She nods, showing the she believes him. “And one more thing.” She points at Wu Fan’s groin embarrassingly and he flushes red when he realizes he hasn’t zipped it up since. “Please…refrain yourself, Wu Fan.”

“I’ll try.”

Wu Fan’s mother laughs once more before standing up to pat Wu Fan’s head lovingly. Wu Fan usually is not fond of others’ touch, but he relishes the moment that his mother shows affection. It gives him just a feeling of what it is like to have a parent. Regardless of what she has done, Wu Fan knows he cannot be angry at her. Not only is she his biological mother, but she’s Chanyeol’s mother as well. And because of that, he knows he must love her because that would mean the world to Chanyeol. “You’re a good boy. I will see you very soon.”

Those were her last words before she leaves him alone in the kitchen and out of the house. Wu Fan doesn’t stir from his seat for quite some time. It is a moment to retain himself before he remembers an anxious Park Chanyeol that awaits him upstairs.  He rushes up them and finds Chanyeol pacing the floors. “Wu Fan!” he cries out.

Wu Fan tackles him so hard, Chanyeol almost gags on air.

“What does she want? What did she say? Is she mad? What is going on?!” Chaneyol interrogates as he pushes himself out of Wu Fan’s grasp.

“Why are you so antsy? You should be sitting down. Your probably hurts a lot.” Wu Fan pulls him over to the bed and forces him to sit.

“Don’t change the subject. Tell me!”

“It’s nothing,” Wu Fan smirks before flicking his forehead teasingly. “Your mother and I had an exchange is all.”

“…an exchange?”

“Yeah, for 100 grand, she gave you to me. She begged me to take you off her hands because you’re annoying as . And since I felt bad, I bought you. So she was just reminding me to feed you and walk you and…”

Chanyeol tries to punch Wu Fan in the rib, but he snatches his hands just in time as he laughs out loud. “I’m kidding, I’m kidding!”

Chanyeol leaves his arms limp and sighs. “You seem happy. I’m guessing something good happened?”

Wu Fan smirks in response. “Yeah…you can say that.”

“Everything turned out alright after all, didn’t it? I’d hate to say ‘I told you so’, but I TOLD YOU SO!”

Wu Fan covers Chanyeol’s mouth as he rolls his eyes. He didn’t want to admit it, but Chanyeol was right. Wu Fan realizes that he should have just trusted Chanyeol a long time ago. “Let’s go to bed. We have school tomorrow.”

“Right,” Chanyeol pouts. Wu Fan ruffles his hair tenderly before they change, brush their teeth, and Wu Fan makes an unwilling Chanyeol put on three layers of night cream. “Good night, Wu Fan.”

“Good night Chanyeol.”

 

The following day, they walk to school together. It is the second time they walk to school together since Wu Fan had been accustomed to driving. Chanyeol suggested it, and Wu fan just can’t go against his wishes. “Do you remember the first time we walked to school together?” Chanyeol reminiscences.  

“Yes. It was when we were in each other’s bodies. You were skipping. And then I told you not to skip. AND THEN YOU CALLED ME STUPID.”

“But you were,” he giggles as he links his arm around Wu Fan’s. “You walk like you’re on a runway or something.”

Wu Fan huffs. “I naturally walk like this.”

“Well, I naturally skip!”

“…really?”

“Well, not at this exact moment. My is still kind of…you know.”

 

When they arrive at school, there is no one in sight for what it seems like miles. It is because the both of them took their sweet time to walk to school. And despite them leaving Wu Fan’s house 25 minutes before the tardy bell, Wu Fan accidently stepped in gum and he insisted on going back to change into a new pair of shoes. So, at the exact moment, they are 20 minutes late for class.

Chanyeol is walking at a face pace, as the punctual student that he has always been, and Wu Fan couldn’t be any slower. “Alright, see you at P.E.!” Chanyeol calls as he waves Wu Fan goodbye.

Wu Fan pulls him by the arm and it stops Chanyeol dead in his tracks. “Wu Fan, let go! We are late to class.”

“You don’t even want to kiss me goodbye?” Wu Fan smirks playfully.

“Wu Fan! We’re in the wide open!”

“Chanyeol, everyone is in class. No one’s going to see. Come on, it’s just one kiss.”

Chanyeol really wants to kiss Wu Fan. So although there is a terrible feeling in his gut, he ignores it and turns around. “Fine. But just one though.”

“Yes sir,” Wu Fan chuckles as he pulls Chanyeol in for a soft kiss. They pull away slowly and it’s not even another second before Wu Fan begs, “Just one more.”

“Wu Fan!”

Baby.”

Chanyeol’s cheeks flush red and he obeys, leaning in for another shameless kiss.

“That one had no tongue. It didn’t count. One more.”

“GOODBYE, WU FAN!” Chanyeol mumbles before storming off. It makes Wu Fan laugh to himself as he watches him go.

 

Wu Fan soon starts walking to his class. He takes a detour, walking around the building, because he is not in the mood to go to class at all. As he turns the corner, he is stopped by a person just one head shorter than he is. When she turns her face up, he realizes that it is Sae Rin who he is so close to bumping into. “Oh, sorry,” he apologizes as he makes his way around her.

He quickens his pace as she still stands there, silent and motionless. “…I saw that.”

Wu Fan stops to a halt when he hears her bellow. “…what?”

“I saw, Wu Fan. You and Chanyeol.”

She turns around slowly and Wu Fan can feel his knees buckling in. She walks closer and Wu Fan can tell she looks threatening on purpose. She had a motive. He was positive that she had a motive. “I knew something was fishy between the two of you. Even when I warn people, no one seems to believe me. Everyone thinks you two are friends now. No one seems to really mind because they think it’s nice that the infamous rivals of Labyrinth Academy have become such good friends.”

“Glad everyone…is fine with it.”

“I’m not fine with it,” she interrupts. “…and I’m sure Chanyeol would not be fine about it either if everyone found out.”

“…Are you threatening me, Sae Rin?”

“Is it working?”

Wu Fan folds his arm and tries to remain calm. With her rebuttals, Wu Fan feels like screaming. Just talking about Chanyeol in this way makes Wu Fan angry to unexplainable extents. “You’re delusional. Besides, you have no proof. You said it, right? No one believes you so why should they believe you now?”

“First of all, you two were missing for a good number of days a few weeks back. Secondly, last night you announced that Chanyeol is yours.”

“You were at my house? Who invited you?!”

Sae Rin ignores Wu Fan and continues. “Everyone was too drunk to remember, but I remembered how you stormed off with Chanyeol and left for the remainder of the party. And THIRD OF ALL,” Sae Rin pulls out her touch phone and shows it to Wu Fan. “I made sure to take a picture this time.”

Wu Fan’s eyes bulge open when he sees the blurry picture of Wu Fan and Chanyeol locking lips. The picture is of poor quality, but there is no mistaking them for anyone else. Wu Fan stands straight in order to appear unaffected by her threats. In reality, he is ridiculously scared. “Go ahead. It isn’t going to affect me or Chanyeol. We have always been prepared for this, you know.”

“Oh really?” She puts the phone back into her pocket and folds her arms. “Last time I checked, you had a duty to uphold. Aren’t you going to be the heir to your father’s business? Isn’t Chanyeol going to be the heir to his father’s business? Although I have nothing against same relationships, majority of people…our kind of people, are conservative cooperates. You can watch both of your family’s profit plummet to the ground if they were to find out.”

“That is bull. And you are bluffing.”

“I am certainly not bluffing. And if my words still do not sway you, think about what will happen to Chanyeol when all of this blows up in your face.”

 Wu Fan is left speechless. All he can do is nervously bite on his lip and stare at the ground. “…why are you doing this? What is your intent?”

She inches closer to him with such a hurt expression. Wu Fan sympathizes, as it does resemble Chanyeol’s face whenever he is sad, but he remembers her threats and does not falter. “It’s obvious, right? I really like you,” she breathes, hand touching Wu Fan's arm as a sign of affection.

“So you try to hurt me?”

“I don’t really want to hurt you. I’m trying to help you.”

“HELP ME BY NOT HELPING ME.”

 

“Hey!” a random person yelps.

Wu Fan and Sae Rin turn to their left to see a faculty member motioning them forward. “You two should be in class! Get a move on!”

Wu Fan is first to turn and walk away, but she soon chases after him and matches his pace. “I’ll delete the picture if you do me one request," she mumbles discreetly. 

 

Wu Fan doesn't answer her immediately. There is a pause before he asks.

“…What do you want from me?”

 


I'M BACKKKK! I'm sure some of you are aware that I update quite frequently so this is the longest it has ever taken me to update and I'M SORRRRRRRRRRRY ~ ಥ‿ಥ

Blame school. And it's math. And I at math. And I haven't even taken it in 4 years so I'm dying LOL. But take another chapter as an apology. I snuck in some time to finish a chapter (THIS ONE FEELS SO LONG ! HAHA WHY?!!!) ! 

Anywaysss ~ thank you for subs/comments/upvotes all those nice things ; 3 ; I even see people recommending A & A to other people / online and THANK YOU REALLY. <3 It pushes me to work even harder to make sure I'm consistent with the story and the updates as well. Bye until the next chapter! Sorry it's going to be chapter 20 u_u 

WAIT WAIIIIIIIIIIT ONE LAST THING. I'm running out of things to gif. ; 3 ; any videos that are pretty HD Krisyeol moments, send to meeeeeeeeeeee! THANKS YOUUUU ~ <3