Incomplete

Adonis and Aphrodite

 

“I’m guessing that Project Adonis is going along smoothly?” Luhan asks rhetorically.

It is Luhan who invited himself over into Chanyeol’s house and it is Luhan who called because he was having a supposed emergency.  That ‘emergency’ just so happened to be that Luhan is out of food at his house. Chanyeol is sitting down on the kitchen table as Luhan rummages through his refrigerator. Luhan sits down beside him when he finds himself Chanyeol’s half-eaten sandwich he was saving for later.

 “It is,” Chanyeol smiles. “But it’s not exactly… I don’t know, complete just yet.”

Luhan tilts his head in confusion as he takes a massive bite of out Chanyeol’s sandwich. “What more is there to it?”

Chanyeol’s phone in his front pocket vibrates before he can even answer. He checks the caller ID and his eyes budge instantly. “It’s Wu Fan,” he mutters.

Luhan snorts, almost spitting out a pickle in the process. “Let me talk to him!” he shouts gleefully.

“Luhan, no!” Chanyeol gasps, holding the phone tightly within his grasp.

“I’m just going to say hi!”

“ABSOLUTELY NOT!”

Luhan smiles before he takes Chanyeol’s phone away from him easily. Luhan runs into the living room with the phone and Chanyeol chases after him. “LUHAN, STOP!”

It’s much too late as Luhan answers the phone with a bad imitation of Chanyeol’s voice. “Hello?” he asks with his mouth full of bread and condiments.

“Hey Chanyeol.”

“Who is this?” Luhan slurs lowly.

“What. It’s Wu Fan.”

“Don’t know that name. Bye.”

“What .”

“WU FAN YOU ARE SO ANNOYING! LEAVE ME ALONE!” Luhan flashes Chanyeol a thumbs up and Chanyeol covers his entire face and screams into it silently.

“What! Luhan! What the hell are you doing with Chanyeol’s phone? You better watch yourself. You better-!” Wu Fan is loud over the phone that even Chanyeol can hear him from two feet away.

Chanyeol snatches the phone away from Luhan and Luhan just smiles innocently as if he didn’t just steal Chanyeol’s phone and spew absurdities at Wu Fan.  Chanyeol looks incredibly angry so Luhan just pats his shoulder meekly. “He he…I’m going to eat my sandwich now,” he says, fleeing into the kitchen as quickly as possible.

“Sorry about that,” Chanyeol finally is able to speak. “It’s me now.”

“I know it’s you.”

“You didn’t know earlier,” Chanyeol teases, and Wu Fan mentally flicks Chanyeol’s forehead in thought.

 Wu Fan coughs in attempt to change the topic. “So…what are you doing later?”

Chanyeol shrugs. “I don’t know. Make myself another sandwich.”

“You are eating at home?”

“Yeah.”

“Just come eat at my house.”

Chanyeol cannot control his smiling. “What is this, Wu Fan?”

“What.”

“Are you asking me out?” Chanyeol laughs.

“NO!” Wu Fan’s voice rises. “Can’t I just invite you to my house for good conversation and company?”

“So this isn’t a date?”

“I’m not asking you out, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol plops himself on his couch, laughing obnoxiously. “Okay, okay… whatever you say.”

Wu Fan forces a cough again before asking. “So…are you coming?”

“Yeah, I’ll be there.”

“Okay. See you here at 6. And don’t hang out with Luhan anymore! He’d be a bad influence on you.”

When their brief phone call ends, Chanyeol closes his eyes for a moment of peace and serenity before he practically skips back into the kitchen.  He enters it to see Luhan rummaging the refrigerator once more. He assumes Luhan is still hungry. Luhan seems to be always hungry. “So what was that about? Why’d Wu Fan call?” Luhan asks, still deep in his exploration of food.

“Wu Fan invited me over to eat.”

“LIKE A DATE?” Luhan gasps and Chanyeol just chuckles awkwardly. “No, we’re just hanging out.”

“Wu Fan never invites me over!” Luhan pouts. “I have no clue why, I make such a splendid guest!”  He complains as he grabs Chanyeol’s bar of chocolate and slams the refrigerator door.

 

Later that night, Chanyeol feels anxious. Chanyeol isn’t usually this anxious. But trying on a good assortment of apparel just shows how badly he wants to impress Wu Fan. Wu Fan always looks sharp; he is always chic whenever he dresses up and Chanyeol just wants to emulate that. But then Chanyeol realizes they are just eating at Wu Fan’s house and he didn’t want to seem too eager. He finally decides on a loose fitting tee and regular jeans before heading out.

Coincidentally, his mother stops him before he escapes the front door. “Chanyeol, where are you heading to?” she questions with a skeptic look and folded arms.

Chanyeol freezes in his tracks with an unsteady heart. He turns to face his mother with a meek smile. “I’m going to go eat.”

“With who?”

“I…have a date.”

His mother’s face brightens up. “You’re seeing someone new?”

“Yes.”

She brings her arms out in order to pull her son into a warm hug. “That’s great news. You should invite her over. I’d like to meet her very soon.”

Chanyeol pulls away, forcing an upturned smile. “Will do, mom.”

 

At the arrival of Wu Fan’s doorstep, Chanyeol rings the doorbell. Wu Fan answers it in a nice, black coat and sleek slacks. It makes Chanyeol lower his head in shame and question his own clothing choices after all. “Let’s go, Chanyeol.” Wu Fan commands as he shuts the front door behind him.

“Wait. Aren’t we eating at your house?” Chanyeol asks in confusion.

“No. We’re going out.”

Chanyeol smiles. His smile is so radiant, far too bright that Wu Fan feels the absolute need to look away. “Going out, you say?” Chanyeol chortles, nudging Wu Fan’s ribs by the elbow obnoxiously.

“SHUT UP,” Wu Fan yelps as his cheeks turn a shade pinker. Chanyeol watches Wu Fan’s embarrassed face blissfully. “Let’s just…go,” Wu Fan changes the subject before they get into Wu Fan’s car and drives off into the night.

They end up in the shopping districts of downtown. Wu Fan and Chanyeol haven’t been there since their search for the tarot reader. Wu Fan opens his car door for Chanyeol and Chanyeol wiggles his eyebrow at Wu Fan. Wu Fan shoots him a look. This is not a date his eyes speak for themselves. Chanyeol nods in comprehension as they start walking the streets.

The streets are more crowded than usual. People are pushing and shoving in order to get through the masses of people. Chanyeol gets separated from Wu Fan through all the chaos. “Wu Fan, where are you?” he shouts.

In an instance, a hand grabs Chanyeol’s and pulls him to the right. It is Wu Fan pulling him close, lacing their fingers together. “Stay close to me. Don’t get lost.”

Even when they pass the crowds and is currently in open space, Wu fan continues to hold onto Chanyeol’s hand tightly. It doesn’t bother Chanyeol as much as he is afraid it may bother Wu Fan. “Wu Fan…we’re in public.”

“It’s okay,” he speaks, hand squeezing Chanyeol’s tighter. “It’s fine.”

Chanyeol smiles, but his expression soon changes when he gets a whiff of subtle strawberries and bananas. It’s that familiar scent and his entire face perks up in delight. “It’s that crepe vendor!” he points out and they both turn their heads to the right to see her. She is currently making a crepe for a customer and Chanyeol watches enviously as the vendor woman prepares one for a young female. “Do you want one, Wu Fan? I owe you one.”

“No, it’s fine.” Wu Fan shakes his head.

Chanyeol scrunches his nose before dragging Wu fan over to the crepe vendor against his will. The woman is done making it for the young girl and Chanyeol waves at her happily. “Hello!”

She smiles in surprise and nods back. “I remember you two. You’re the two handsome gentlemen I’ve made a crepe for before, yes? Adonis and Aphrodite, you called yourselves.”

Wu Fan’s eyes avoid conversation by staring at his toes so Chanyeol answers for him.  “Yes, it is us.”

She notices their interlocked hands and she laughs softly into her fist. “Still not a couple?”

Wu Fan lowers his head in humiliation and Chanyeol laughs, pulling his hand closer. “And this is NOT a date.”

“I see, I see,” she laughs.

Chanyeol orders Wu Fan a vanilla ice cream and himself another Nutella crepe with strawberries and bananas. “Eat it!” he offers, shoving the pastry into Wu Fan’s face.

“I said I didn’t want one. It’ll spoil our dinner.”

“But I bought it for you! Eat it!” Chanyeol dips his finger in the whipped cream and wipes it on Wu Fan’s nose.

Wu Fan just has his mouth hanging agape. Chanyeol laughs, slightly fearful that Wu Fan will get angry, but he’s surprised when Wu Fan just laughs along. He accepts the crepe before wiping his nose clean with a napkin. “You’re so aggressive today. I sort of like it,” Wu Fan says honestly.

Chanyeol giggles, eyes fluttering and cheeks flushing. His palms are sweaty and it’s difficult to walk with their hands always connected, but he just doesn’t want to let go.

The crepes eventually do spoil their appetites and they don’t eat in a restaurant after all. Instead, they pace the streets of downtown. They go into various stores and check out an assortment of knickknacks. From time to time, they get peculiar looks directed at them. At those times, Chanyeol wants to recoil his hand. But it seems Wu Fan doesn’t want to as he only tightens the hold and pulls Chanyeol closer to his side.

All the stores start to close one by one roughly around 10 P.M. “I guess it’s time I take you home,” Wu Fan sighs before they walk their way back into the parking area.

Chanyeol feels disappointment. He wants to spend the entire day with Wu Fan. He would spend his entire life with Wu Fan if he could.

Wu Fan gets Chanyeol home soundly and safely. Wu Fan awaits Chanyeol to get out of his car, but Chanyeol continues to sit earnestly. “Chanyeol, you’re home. You’re not going in?”

“…come in with me,” Chanyeol whispers. Wu Fan widens his eyes because he is so appalled.

“What? You know I can’t.”

“I want you to meet my parents. I want you to talk to mom.”

“Chanyeol, are you out of your mind? Never! I’m not going to talk to her!”

Chanyeol faces Wu Fan with a stern expression. “I’m never going to be at rest until you two talk it out. Wu Fan, please. I want you to talk to her. I want you two to make up. I want you to be part of my family!”

“I don’t need it! You’re my family now. You’re all the family I need.”

“WU FAN, how is this going to work if you never see my family? You are just as important to me as they are! Why can’t you just try? Just try for me… I’m begging you.”

“And what if she just throws me onto the curb again? What if I just ruin your family by bringing myself in? Haven’t you thought of that, Chanyeol? Your dad doesn’t know about me and my connections to your mother. The dynamics of your family will be ruined if I invade. That is why I can’t do it. I absolutely won’t.”

“THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE. THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.”

“YOU ARE SO NAÏVE. IT WILL HAPPEN FOR SURE. I WILL BE THE END OF YOUR FAMILY.”

“You won’t do it? EVEN IF I BEG?”

“NO WAY IN HELL.”

Chanyeol’s lip is quivering just as hard as Wu Fan’s fists are shaking. He slowly inhales to calm himself before facing Wu Fan’s angry face.

 

“…even if I say I love you?”

 


I love it when you guize talk to me. You may leave comments, you know ~ Don't be shy :3 !  I'm going to weeeeed out the shy people! Answer some questions if you don't want to comment about the chapter! :3

Tell me: 1) What are your ships? Your otps? (Exo or any other group, I'm curious!)

2)  Bias? And why?

3) What genre do you think I should write next? Angst, Comedy, Fluff, , Crack. Nothing's off limits!

Do talk to me! Not even my own followers talk to me ; 3; asdfghjkl Byeeeee for now and thank you for reading !  Hope your day is happy! <3 <3