EXTRAS

Adonis and Aphrodite

 

1;

Wu Fan is dozing off as his writing composition class proceeds. He can’t help that his professor’s voice is too monotonous and that his lecture is almost just as dull. “MISTER WU FAN!” his professor yells out when he takes notice of Wu Fan’s closed eyes and bobbing head.

“It’s your turn to read out loud your homework assignment.”

Wu Fan shakes his head confidently. “Nope, can’t do that.”

“And why is that?”

“Just don’t want to.”

His professor sighs, rubbing his temples in frustration before leering once more. “Wu Fan, read,” he demands threateningly.

Wu Fan sighs as he reaches for his paper assignment lurched between two books. He stands up strong and tall, clearing his throat before proceeding.

 “When I Grow Up, by Wu Fan. When I grow up, I’m going to marry that weird kid named Park Chanyeol. He’s going to stop crying and running away from me and calling me stupid all the time. He’s going to finally wear the skin cream products I buy him and start wearing lower cut shirts and aprons whenever I arrive home from work. We’re going to have five kids and we are going to name them Angel, Wu Fan Junior, Kevin, Kris, and Luhan the second. The End.”

Wu Fan looks up from his paper quite satisfied as his class all stare at him with pained expressions. His teacher just looks frustrated as he throws down two pain killers and sighs audibly. “Wu Fan, this is the third paper you wrote about Chanyeol. Can’t you write about something else?”

“You told me to write honestly and I did,” Wu Fan shrugs before taking his seat and attempting to fall back asleep.

By lunch time, Wu Fan makes his way to the Canteen as he usually does. Even in the crowded hallways, Wu Fan spots Chanyeol immediately.  He expects Chanyeol to run to him with open arms, but is surprised when Chanyeol tackles him.

“Ouch! What was that for?!” he yells when he hits the wall.

“LUHAN TOLD ME WHAT YOU READ ALOUD IN CLASS TODAY, WU FAN! YOU ARE SO EMBRASSING!”  

Chanyeol releases his blazer and starts storming off. Wu Fan grabs his wrist just in time, but they are already creating such a big scene in the hallways. Wu Fan can practically see people busting out their hypothetical lawn chairs and popcorn. “Now wait a minute, Chanyeol. Don’t be like that.”

“But you are so embarrassing! Sure it’s nice that we are recognized as a couple in school for a good three months now, but do you really have to rub it in people’s faces all the time?!”

“Yes I do. What’s the big deal?” Wu Fan stares blankly.

His smug face is too annoyingly handsome so Chanyeol pulls his arm away from Wu Fan’s grasp. “When you act out like that it makes me think that school was better off when you hated me!”

There is a symphony of girls gasping behind them and they halt immediately when Wu Fan shoots them an aggravated glare. “YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU REINCARNATION OF THE DEVIL,” he demands when he’s back to facing Chanyeol.

“NO I WILL NOT!”

“YOU DON’T REALLY MEAN THAT! TAKE IT BACK!”

“NO I WON’T!”

Chanyeol brings his face close and sticks out his tongue. Obviously, it is the perfect opportunity for Wu Fan to pull him in by the waist and shove his yearning tongue into Chanyeol’s mouth.

Chanyeol doesn’t blink, doesn’t move in the slightest as wolf whistles and obnoxious cheering can be heard in back of them. “GET AT THAT, WU FAN!” he hears Luhan’s betrayal and he pushes a snickering Wu Fan off of him.

Chanyeol’s face is flushed with embarrassment and he is so close to immaturely bursting out into tears. “ST-ST-STUPID WU FAN! YOU ARE SO EMBARRASSING!” he yells before running full throttle.

Wu Fan chases after him desperately and the cheering and clapping crowds part like the red sea. “BABY I’M SORRY!” he cries out.

It’s still a long time before Wu Fan and Park Chanyeol can fully grow up.

 

2;

Car rides with Wu Fan are always soundless and monotonous so this particular car ride is no exception. The chauffeur would take intervals to check up on him through the front view mirror. In the back seat, Wu Fan is slouching lower and lower, pouting and kicking in the most amusing way. “I…don’t want to go to school.”

“But you have to, young sir. It’s going to be your first day in preschool. Today is a very important day.”

“Then why can’t Mom or Dad come with me?”

“They are busy unfortunately.”

Wu Fan sighs in response. They pull up to a rather dull building. White walls, white sidewalks, and it’s nothing like the school he imagined it to be when he recollects the school buildings from his story books. “This is not a school. Schools are red.”

His chauffer gets out first to open the door for Wu Fan and hands him his tiny alpaca print backpack. “Oh but it is a school. Don’t you see all the children?”

To his left, Wu Fan eyes the abundance of children in the playground. They are running amuck. He sees a golden haired boy stick gum in another’s hair and his strong eyebrows furrow even more. “I hate school.”

 

After his chauffer leaves, Wu Fan is left in the hands of his preschool teacher. “How old are you, Wu Fan?”

“…six,” he mumbles unwillingly.

“Wow you’re one of the younger children we have here. When is your birthday?”

“…November 6th.”

His teacher guides him into the playground area. There are children everywhere and Wu Fan glares at every single one of them that try to initiate any sort of bodily contact. His teacher laughs and calls him to follow her deeper into the play area. On a bench sat a scrawny little boy that is busily sipping on a box of apple juice. The teacher pushes him forward and laughs when Wu Fan’s eyes bulge. “This is Park Chanyeol. His birthday is in November too. Why don’t you talk to him, Wu Fan?”

That hooligan by the name of Luhan is trying to stick gum in other children’s hair again so the teacher chases after him. She leaves an awkward Wu Fan and Park Chanyeol to stare at each other in silence. “Hello,” Chanyeol is first to speak.

Wu Fan continues to stare at him without response. He likes the way Chanyeol tilts his head when he sips on his juice box.  “What’s your name?” Chanyeol tries once more.

“…Wu Fan.”

“I like your backpack,” Chanyeol giggles, pointing to that alpaca print backpack Wu Fan wears so confidently.

“Thanks,” Wu Fan shrugs. He surveys Chanyeol because he feels the need to compliment him on something as well.

“I like... your juice.”

Chanyeol giggles, almost snorting out his apple juice and jumps out of his seat. “You can have it!” he offers, pushing the apple juice so close to Wu Fan’s face.

Wu Fan doesn’t even care that there’s only one sip left in the juice box. For a child, to be given any sort of sweet is a good thing. “Really? Thanks!” he smiles brightly, revealing teeth and gums.

Chanyeol giggles even more. Chanyeol thanks Wu Fan is pretty when he smiles.

Finally, their teacher rushes back to them. She is panting out of exhaustion from chasing Luhan across the school perimeter. Luhan is forced to stand in a corner as punishment and Wu Fan and Chanyeol both shake their heads. Even children can pity.

“Sorry boys. I’m back. How are you doing thus far, Wu Fan?” she asks after catching her breath.

Wu Fan links arms with Chanyeol. Chanyeol is startled and stares at Wu Fan with gaping eyes.

“Chanyeol is my best friend,” Wu Fan declares proudly as he sips up the last drop of juice through Chanyeol’s chewed straw. “We’re best friends.”

His teacher smiles warmly. “I had a feeling you two would get along.”

 


 

Hello everyone! This is the final message I have for all of you so you can guess it's going to be pretty long ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ). First of all, I read all your comments and there is an overwhelmingly large amount :O ! That makes me really happy that many of you stuck with this story from beginning to end: from when Wu Fan wanting to steal Chanyeol's girlfriend to Wu Fan wanting to be Chanyeol's husband hahaha~ I never really expected people to read it at all to be honest so thank you, sincerely <3. Furthermore, I'm sad that it comes to an end as well because I've devoted a lot of time into this. But I really don't like dragging things on so long and that is why it ended sort of abruptly. I hope the extras made up for it because these were very fun to write!

On another note, I wish to continue writing Krisyeol because they are my OTP. But because I would like to venture out into different genres/pairings and experiment with my own writing as well, it is almost impossible to duplicate what I have done with Adonis and Aphrodite. Furthermore, school, work, and Kris’s damn perfect black hair make it difficult for me to update as regularly. But nothing is for certain and just know that I still want to continue writing more!

Thank you once more for reading. Until then, beautiful readers~ <3